This sounds boring and no fun at all...
This is why I'm willing to give it a try, count me in ! :D

Offline Yash

• VIP
  • Score: 2448
  • “Anyone can do my job, but no one can be me.”
Re: Mafia
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 09:29:18 am »
I used to play that game back in the days. It is a great fun, so count me in, please  8)

Although I haven't understood the concept well, based on Skittles' opinion, I'm willing to give it a try. +1
#PlanB.Echo* [14] VIP Chat Quinn: How's Kencer
#PlanB.Echo* [10] VIP Chat Schottky_BiB: deadman?
#PlanB.Echo* [32] VIP Chat [RZ]Deadman: ?
#PlanB.Echo* [10] VIP Chat Schottky_BiB: yash is asking how are you
#PlanB.Echo* [9] VIP Chat SatviK:  XD
#PlanB.Echo* [14] VIP Chat Quinn: Xd

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 09:07:42 pm »
i would like to play ...
sounds interesting

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 05:23:31 pm »
I'm in! Used to play this a lot in middle school :p

Offline SLiKkeZ[GgT]

• VIP
  • =[GgT]=founder and lover
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 11:49:55 am »
you can add me to to the list if you want .

Offline Hero

• VIP
  • Score: 73871
  • Leadership is an action,not a position.
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2017, 01:11:37 pm »
This sounds boring and no fun at all...

Offline Skittles

• Admin
  • Score: 16323
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2017, 03:23:11 pm »

It is too late. The game has already started (everyone has received their roles on PM).

The game will start on the 15.03.2017. You are free to join until that date.

Offline SLiKkeZ[GgT]

• VIP
  • =[GgT]=founder and lover
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2017, 04:16:52 pm »

It is too late. The game has already started (everyone has received their roles on PM).

The game will start on the 15.03.2017. You are free to join until that date.

damnit didnt see this topic untill today xD

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 09:22:01 am »
It is getting way too slow. I don't understand why we need to talk in a specific order though.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2017, 10:24:38 am »
It is getting way too slow. I don't understand why we need to talk in a specific order though.
yeah if we continue like this,we will end this in 2018.
 so the days and the nights are imaginary not deppend on time but on players repply ?

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72355
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2017, 01:08:14 pm »
yeah if we continue like this,we will end this in 2018.
 so the days and the nights are imaginary not deppend on time but on players repply ?

Sorry for the late reply on that topic, My bad  :(. I didn't notice it since it went way down because of the new posts. As Mia said, it would be better if its not in a specific order. And also if that topic could be pinned(temporarily) to the top, it will be easy to be noticed.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2017, 11:04:12 pm »
Due to technical reasons I can't post much right now.

The main thing is: I must agree that the game is too slow as it is now. So, the "strict order" rule is removed. You can now post during the ingame "day" whenever you want, but only once; all of the players have 24 hours for it.

I've also thought about the modifications to make the game more dynamic without loosing its main concept, but it doesn't really matter for now. Just continue introducing yourself, and I will modify this post and explain everything better whenever possible.

So, here are the modifications and explanations to the rules, they are getting applied right after they are posted:
  • An ingame "day" lasts for 24 hours since the GM (me) posts a message about it. All of the "alive" players must post anything during it - but only once; the order does not matter. If anybody fails to do so, he will get kicked. Everybody can vote against anyone else, but you are not obligated to do so. In the end of the day the one who has got more votes is getting kicked of the game. If there were no votes at all or there was equal amount of votes against two or more persons, nobody is getting kicked (but it benefits Undercovers).
  • An ingame "night" lasts for 12 hours since the GM posts a message about it. The Corrupted Mod (Doctor), the Cop (Admin's Friend) and the Undercover Leader (Mafia Deader) should PM the GM the nickname of a person they'd like to protect/to check/to kill. If they fail to do so, nobody will be protected/checked/killed during the night. The very first night is the only exception - no special actions are availiable during it, it is completely peaceful.
  • A person whose gameplay was ruined during the day (who was lynched by the innocent citizens) has a right to post his final word during the first night after the day when he was lynched, but he is not obligated to do so. The one whose gameplay was ruined on the night by Undercovers (who was killed by Mafia) has no right for a final word.

Thus, one day + one night will never last for more than 36 hours. I am sorry for the issue. But I guess you all understand that such issues are unavoidable when we start anything completely new here for the first time. Thanks to Skittles and Uthar for helping me with resolving it.

I don't understand why we need to talk in a specific order though.
Although we decided to sacrifice this rule for the sake of dynamism and it will probably work well this way here, I will try to explain why I consider this to be important.
The game is all about the information that the players are giving. Without it, the game would be completely random. On IRL games there are a lot of other information but verbal - like intonation, facial expressions etc. But online only messages form the information. The more people posted before you, the more information you have, and your decisions could be more measured. That's why usually the order is strict and it is shifted to the left each day - like, if you were the first one to talk today, you'll be the last one to talk tomorrow. That's it.

P.S. I was also thinking about giving the role of a person who is kicked due to inactivity to any volunteers. I know that Quido would take it. SliKkeZ, would you? If anyone else is interested too, let me know!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 09:00:11 pm by Altus_Demens »
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72355
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2017, 11:50:22 pm »
I like the way things are going so far, thanks Altus ;)

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 12:07:13 pm »
I like the way things are going so far, thanks Altus ;)
You are welcome. :) I am glad if you like it. I also enjoy handling the game, it is funny and interesting to observe how do you play.

But you should thank our untimely deceased friend Skittles first. If he wasn't so persistent, I would never suggest to play Mafia within this community, although I had got such idea at least since the last Summer.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.