Author Topic: Why do you guys block certain things?  (Read 7564 times)

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
Re: Why do you guys block certain things?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 02:57:15 pm »
Its normal that you get up with a bmx on a building tall 120 feet  with just jumping.
Its normal to get on a roof of a tall building just with an nrg
Its normal to shoot rapidly with a combat shotgun from a window.
Its normal to go fast as light.

yep, normal fair gameplay.
*coughs* 20 players online, 2 newbies *coughs*
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 07:03:19 pm »
It doesn't really matter if players can stop a certain kind of vehicle or not. Attackers can succeed most of times if they try hard enough. But nobody is going try hard enough unless they get some fun from it, and what I see is that few people have fun trying to stop a president whose survival relies exclusively on speed and slipperiness. Management is already struggling to get players to take part in the gamemode as it is (rewards for monthly top scorers, or the new scoring system itself are clear examples of attempts to solve the issue). So, in this context, I think giving presidents new ways to play evasively is the last thing that would help get more players involved in gamemode...
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Darwin/Retired

• VIP
  • Score: 19467
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 07:54:48 pm »
Just because you can fly a rustler well enough to take out the president doesn't mean everyone can.
But that doesn't matter! It's fair gameplay. No one is glitching, no one is cheating, everyone is on a level playing field. How many different things can you apply this to where it's an equally fair situation?

"Just because you can shoot well enough to take out the president doesn't mean everyone can."
"Just because you can drive well enough to take out the president doesn't mean everyone can."
"Just because you can stunt well enough to take out the president doesn't mean everyone can."
It was just my opinion, i didnt really care about what you had to say

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2019, 01:46:16 am »
Its normal that you get up with a bmx on a building tall 120 feet  with just jumping.
You've got point there, it is a little ridiculous. However, it can be fixed by making the bikes so they can actually be destroyed.

Its normal to get on a roof of a tall building just with an nrg
I've been playing PTP since 2009. Yes, it is normal, and it's fair. It used to be extremely common, as well. I learned by watching other people do it.

Its normal to shoot rapidly with a combat shotgun from a window.
The combat shotgun is not the most overpowered weapon around. It's nearly useless unless the target is close enough. How about, "is it normal to give some players access to a weapon with perfect accuracy at long distances which can kill with three shots".

yep, normal fair gameplay.
*coughs* 20 players online, 2 newbies *coughs*
You mean, 20 players online, killing 2 newbies?

Management is already struggling to get players to take part in the gamemode as it is...
How about making people actually follow /duty? Limiting the number of civilians? Making armor camping unattractive?

So, in this context, I think giving presidents new ways to play evasively is the last thing that would help get more players involved in gamemode...
...why? New players, used to servers where Rustlers are treated as a normal vehicle that anyone can use (that is, reasonably), are often confused and/or annoyed once they find that they can't use them in PTP as President. For example, do you know of a Cops N Robbers server which doesn't allow robbers to use Rustlers, despite the fact that only one or two people might chase them, unlike this server, where ideally, half the server is chasing the President? I don't. Here, some players are given huge advantages in terms of weapons and relationships with other players, but newbies can't even fly a goddamn plane as President.

Meanwhile, many of the same players who insist that the President should not be able to fly a plane don't even bother chasing the President or playing the gamemode. I played a game recently where a regular player, under their new name, spent about 3/4 of their presidency right next to the armor spawn in LS, where a Red vs. Blue dick-measuring contest was well underway. The President was literally walking around in the middle of a fight, and the terrorists, even when they had killed all the police nearby, would not attack. To top it all off, the person is in a position of responsibility and has the influence to get people to actually play the game, but chose not to.

The problem is that players like those drive away new players who recognize the potential of the gamemode, but join only to find out that unless you have a specific skillset that allows you to overcome the culture here, it's really who you know and what you pay that determines how much fun you have.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 06:10:08 am by YoMama »

Offline Yash

• VIP
  • Score: 2448
  • “Anyone can do my job, but no one can be me.”
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2019, 03:30:57 am »
I am good with running weapons so i want runnings weapons as president!
#PlanB.Echo* [14] VIP Chat Quinn: How's Kencer
#PlanB.Echo* [10] VIP Chat Schottky_BiB: deadman?
#PlanB.Echo* [32] VIP Chat [RZ]Deadman: ?
#PlanB.Echo* [10] VIP Chat Schottky_BiB: yash is asking how are you
#PlanB.Echo* [9] VIP Chat SatviK:  XD
#PlanB.Echo* [14] VIP Chat Quinn: Xd

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2019, 04:58:43 am »

All people are not good with running weapons. So I want running weapons to be removed from the game!
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2019, 12:58:27 pm »
All people are not good with running weapons. So I want running weapons to be removed from the game!
Damn never thought of that
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2019, 01:24:29 pm »

Chetan is not good mod, so I wan't him removed from the staff! I want IDAN!

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2019, 01:59:48 pm »

Chetan is not good mod, so I wan't him removed from the staff! I want IDAN!

more than half server want that already  ;D haters haha
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2019, 02:47:39 pm »
Nah,Chetan is ok xD just needs to be more active
By the way,I thought of something.To prevent fast kills of presidents,shouldn't we disable choosing president class for people who haven't spent a certain amount of time on the server,or haven't even been /registered?Same would go for vice-president too.Yeah,maybe the new people would be sad,but I think that would be worth trying.Unless you guys want equality in anything,so new people would have chance to play as the president as much as the others.But...I don't like when the president only goes around the spawn and shoots his security staff and then gets killed in a swift raid.
As for the planes...I think the president should not be allowed to fly a rustler,but should be allowed to fly Shamal,since it suits his role.Shamal is a fancy plane,for transporting the president,makes sense if he could fly it.
And,touching the weapons topic,why wouldn't all classes have one weapon per EACH weapon class.One melee weapon,one handgun,one smg,one shotgun,one assault rifle,maybe even one of the rifles.
Let's roll

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2019, 11:12:39 am »
The real problem is the Clan wars. That typical Cop vs Terror (mainly clan members consisted) ruins the whole gameplay so no one dares to play without a supportive teamwork. Actually due to it, there's no teamwork at all. If this clan war shit is removed from this server. The gameplay will get back to its original pride automatically. Trust me this is the real problem.

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2019, 12:37:40 pm »
Yes,I mostly agree with Deadbot.But I doubt it can solve all problems.New problems could arise,not dependent on that one.Sometimes I suspect there could be some people obstructing the changes by being absent unusually,like boycotting,and thus leaving the server low-numbered and dead.
But yeah,banning clan wars is the first step towards the better.We should somehow think of it,how it should be performed and made into being.
Let's roll