Author Topic: Events System  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Bully

• VIP
  • Score: 38264
  • Angry and hungry
Events System
« on: September 09, 2018, 07:52:26 pm »
We all love events , don't we ?  Sometime playing gamemode becomes too monotonous and events gives a new (kindof ) refreshment . But admins are too lazy / "busy" too make frequent events . I want a dedicated event management  team seperated from regular admin /mod duties just for the purpose of hosting events.

1. This dedicated event team will consist of 2-3 members as sometimes its becomes quite unmanageable task for getting all players(ids) to the event arena and to stop them from attacking each other , giving them required weapons , giving them vehicles and other petty tasks .

2. The selection of this team will be  based upon the applications and will be chosen by the higher admins like in  the mod applications . They will be selected based on their IG activity , Responsibility and their sheer sense of management .

3. The members of this team have  will have basic commands that can only be used in event arena like for example -commands to get  getting ids , giving weapons , giving vehicles , restoring vhh , geting armour and hp to the players , making announcements on the main screen , remove players from events , hiding player locations from the map , removing weapons , freezing players , unfreezing players , teleporting players etc.
commands can vary as per the type of event the team is organizing .

4. Since the above mentions commands can only be used the events which will ensure that there is no unfair advantage / usage to the event managers while playing game mode.

5. Like mods they will be given special tag of event manager in forums.

6. There wil be rotations of events managers as per their in game activity and management. In active event managers will be removed from their position and new members will be elected like mods .

here are few suggestions of events that i would like to be added .
1. Hide and seek
2. last man standing
3. Derby
4. Chainsaw massacre
5. Allhuakbar day (kamikaze event) .
6. Cops vs terros
7. A/D event
8. Grenade wars
9. Ram and roam (ramming players with vehicles /kinda last man standing ).
10. Robbery
11. Chase down to hell(chase and ram event)
and many more ..

7.Which event has to be made will depend upon the  voting among the event managers .

8. On a particular day the no. of events hosted must be limited say 6-7 so that it does not affect the gamemode too much ,comeon its not an event server .

9. There must be atleast 5 event members as a whole and to host an event there should be atleast 2 event managers present IG and atleast 15 players IG to host an event .

10. A separate board for events on the planb website for videos and screenshots of events and discussions related to events .

p.s. i know this a quite hefty task for jonne  but this suggestion can be added to the next update of plan b server.

Thanks for reading .

« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 08:03:22 pm by Bully »

Offline Tochy

• VIP
  • Score: 45905
Re: Events System
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 08:02:44 pm »
Seems fun. Positive

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 08:31:05 pm »
Just enjoy the gamemode.
Admins make mods whenever they see it's needed.
We don't need to have events all the times that's the enjoyment of PTP events.
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline Bully

• VIP
  • Angry and hungry
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 08:43:12 pm »
Just enjoy the gamemode.
Looks like you missed the whole essence of my suggestion. Read again if it helps.

Offline Airman

• Air1
  • Admin
  • Score: 31972
  • Quack
    • Discover Tunisia
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 08:59:33 pm »
Good idea , but i've got some tweaks to make it easier for everyone and more enjoyable too
1- too much events will make it boring overtime , so i would suggest a limit of 2 event sessions per month
2- no need for a new staff , current admins are fine , what i would suggest instead is giving mods the ability to control the event world , means that they won't be able to create an event but they could help admins with all the vehicle spawning etc .. After all events are not part of the gamemode , it's just for fun so i don't think that we need a seperate board for it

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 06:17:24 am »
I like your whole suggestion but as far as I see, but there's one little problem. Doing events every day will cause players to distract from the game mode. To avoid this, event hours (of 3-4 hours) every sunday will make things work + will encourage more players to join.
+1
About the event management, there's already an event manager that is dizzy :D

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 08:23:54 am »
Just enjoy the gamemode.
Looks like you missed the whole essence of my suggestion. Read again if it helps.
No I didn't.
IF it's possible for Jonne to add it to the next update,then my vote is +1.
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline Bully

• VIP
  • Angry and hungry
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 08:51:36 am »
8. On a particular day the no. of events hosted must be limited say 6-7 so that it does not affect the gamemode too much ,comeon its not an event server .

9. There must be atleast 5 event members as a whole and to host an event there should be atleast 2 event managers present IG and atleast 15 players IG to host an event .

as i already said this server is not an event server frequently hosting events , the whole gamemode will suffer if there are too much events hosted .

Events are non mandatory in nature . there must be atleast 2 event managers out of 5 (suggested) present at the same time to host events . There must be atleast 15 players in game to host an event . There must be  enough active participants to host event , all there restriction are quite enough which limits the frequent hosting of events automatically . Even though these restrictions/possibilities could be overcome , then the rule of hosting max. (6-7 suggested ) events a day  will rule out .

If you guys have ever been to LVPs , LWs , party server , LSGW , event server or GamerX then you will already know that there is an event like in every 5 mins automatically in their gamemode , which is kinda annoying and boring too as there are  not enough participants to take part  in those events (mostly 5-6 players) . I dont want this scenario repeated for ptp's event system .

Lets face the facts , there are times when people get kinda bored of gamemode ,why ? - idiotic presidents, limited options for president survival , non cooperating securities , overpowered vips with their spaz and snipers , frequent map changing , people busy in their own cops vs terros fighting for glory at armour , NSA- civil spawn campers on dueling spree waiting for map to end and people who think i am wrong plz go for a self realisation and you will know how much i am wrong in whole the along .

yes , there is a need for a new team for hosting events because admins / mods are rarely involved in hosting events like in old days(ptp) when events were of quite frequent nature(the only thing i liked about ptp) . Since mods and admins here are really "busy" and have their "own life" and we must be thanksful to them for contributing their precious time for keeping this community free from hackers so adding pressure to make events will give them more headache ? so why not  another team dedicated for the purpose of making events ? 

Events will  give this gamemode another scope , NOT A EVENT SERVER kind of but but a scope and experience whole different from regular  errands. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 09:00:50 am by Bully »

Offline Uzumaki

• VIP
  • Score: 80424
  • The WEEB DUCK!
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 03:23:28 pm »
OFC Yes.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 06:58:42 pm »
Limit it to one event per day and that the admin will host it when the server has 35 players and above. Will also encourage people to become more active.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Haunter

• VIP
  • Score: 65001
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 04:26:53 pm »
Only if Dizzy gets accepted  ;)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 05:13:19 pm by Haunt3r »

Offline Brian_Walker

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • H e L L o
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 11:33:35 am »
+1.    It can be added timer so you can use this event sistem every 15-30 min.
Life is to short to play Samp

Offline Son_Gun

• First Silver Dragon Emperor
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 03:16:23 am »
+1

Offline Darwin

• VIP
  • Good choice,Bad choice life still goes on
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2018, 03:46:48 am »
Why not? +1

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 11:38:26 am »
This won't be added. Events are not a main part of this gamemode, so I don't really see the need to add an event team whose only task is making events. Also, if we have to pick them, it will take a lot of our time. We already spend a lot of time picking mods, it just seems like a waste of time to do that again just for the sake of events.