Author Topic: Clan members should shoot fellow members on opposing teams  (Read 35332 times)

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: Clan members should shoot fellow members on opposing teams
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 08:10:05 pm »
I can't believe the day I totally agree with a post from YoMama has come haha  :)

I would love to hear Jonne's opinion about this matter. Well, I would even settle for a level 5's :)
you little hypocrite !
i would love to hear Jonne's opinion about players who choose terrorist class and don't hunt president for all the 15 minutes and about your little friend admin altus who encourage not killing the president as a terrorist because like he said rules arn't clear :)

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 08:49:35 pm »
you little hypocrite !
i would love to hear Jonne's opinion about players who choose terrorist class and don't hunt president for all the 15 minutes and about your little friend admin altus who encourage not killing the president as a terrorist because like he said rules arn't clear :)

Sorry, I don't get your point. Why should all the terrorists go after the president? Usually two couples on NRGs are more than enough to overwhelm the president and his team, why waste more resources there? Isn't it more intelligent that some of them go after the president and others cover them from cops, so the first don't have to worry about an army of M4's coming at them when they are about to finish the president? Well, you are probably going to have trouble understanding this, since terrorist Arabiane never gets assaulted by his cop army friends. They prefer to watch him easily kill the president instead.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 09:03:44 pm by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 09:08:31 pm »
Please don't turn this in fighting arena.

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 10:14:41 pm »
This is not a clan based issue. This is based on friendship & teams. Many clanless players doesn't kill opposite team player just because he is friendly.

So if you gonna add a rule like: "you must shoot opposite team player, otherwise it's gonna be teamkilling", then you gotta new company to handle ingame..

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 12:09:31 am »
I think it's the players' choice to kill their friends or clanmates. I also know few people who are in a clan but still continues to shoot all other regulars.

If it's their choice, let them. We cannot force people to do things against their will, or else they will leave the server

Offline Haunter

• VIP
  • Score: 65001
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 01:11:55 am »
The clans are partly which keep us alive as well as It could go the other way, flaming etc... but as for the moment things are going fine the wars are encouraging people to join the server and friendship is the way to have fun.

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 04:34:06 am »
you little hypocrite !

Sorry, I don't get your point. Why should all the terrorists go after the president? Usually two couples on NRGs are more than enough to overwhelm the president and his team, why waste more resources there? Isn't it more intelligent that some of them go after the president and others cover them from cops, so the first don't have to worry about an army of M4's coming at them when they are about to finish the president? Well, you are probably going to have trouble understanding this, since terrorist Arabiane never gets assaulted by his cop army friends. They prefer to watch him easily kill the president instead.
What's the use of terrorist class then
I've seen a couple of Brain Eaters shouting in main chat as President - "I AM INVINCIBLE", " NOBODY CAN GET ME"
And No terrorist gives a f.
The point is there should be a rule like 5 minutes for a terro to play normal OR
Make it like older PTP - No Armour Camping.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 05:03:12 am »

(?)
Kill the president and anyone who tries to prevent them from doing so

Anyways, I'm pretty sure this suggestion wasn't related to terrorists caring about the president or caring about someone else.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:06:08 am by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 08:01:35 am »

(?)
Kill the president and anyone who tries to prevent them from doing so

Anyways, I'm pretty sure this suggestion wasn't related to terrorists caring about the president or caring about someone else.
I said it because most of the terrorist are either busy killing cops or roaming around in nrg's thinking they are cool.
But Thr terrorists who exactly know that they are gonna lose the round should do something isn't it? Instead of killing other cops and not killing their clan members...

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 08:02:11 am »
This is not a clan based issue. This is based on friendship & teams. Many clanless players doesn't kill opposite team player just because he is friendly.
True, but clans are some of the biggest culprits. Most of the people I respect in this server have no qualms about shooting each other. I shoot people like you, and you shoot me. If people can't handle their friends shooting them, then that's because they lack the requisite maturity and it's their problem.

Not shooting clan members and allies is working here from so long xD
Define "working". Just because it's the status quo doesn't mean it's right.

Oh come on. Don't pick any gunner whose clan mate is the one whom you are thinking to kill.
Every clan has a rule: Not to shoot/kill your clan mate in any situation and it's obvious. You can't force anyone to shoot your target. -1
Forcing someone to shoot his friend, which is not allowed in clans especially. So you can't just force them to shoot other one. It's his choice. -1
Fuck that. Clans have a rule to disobey server rules? I shouldn't have to explain how ridiculous this is.

Many players would leave,and i don't think Jonne would like that to see.
If players leave because rules are actually enforced, then they are the people who we want leaving. I would argue that the current bullshit makes it frustrating for new players, causing them to leave.

This looks more like a moral problem and it should be fixed with words betwen the clan leaders/members, not with rules. Having a clan and making your own rules is probably the only democratic thing left in PTP.
If a clan has a rule which requires its members to break server rules, it shouldn't be allowed in the server. They're cheating, and fucking up the game for other people. The only reason why this may sound draconian is because it's been this way for so long.

Let's play a game!

Someone disprove this statement:
Players on opposite teams agreeing not to kill each other is unfair, against the rules, and doesn't make sense in terms of the gamemode.

Great, you've likely "disproven" the previous statement through some combination of faulty logic, dishonest rhetoric, and/or bullshit. Now prove this one:
No clans suggest or require that their members disobey server rules by refusing to kill each other and/or members of allied clans when they are on opposite teams.
You can't.

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 08:10:27 am »
I kinda agree with Solod about this matter, the problem is in community's attitude. I play many servers and in all of them but Plan B, I fight with my very close friends in peace [(?) I'm not sure if peace is the right word here but you know what I mean]. In PTP you're friends with someone as long as you avoid shooting him at all costs. Once you shoot/kill someone the "heyy bro" guy will be waiting for you at armor with his friends/clanmates/allies/pets second time you go there. So if server rules will be changed towards this way and clans set their rules for that, maybe we can see something changing.

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72333
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2017, 08:57:24 am »
This will definitely bring a better change to the server, but also along with lots of issues and reports for admins to handle in case someone doesn't shoot the opposite team. So I think it should be each players choice, whether or not to shoot someone (Excluding security class, since they're supposed to protect the president at all cost).

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2017, 09:56:21 am »
This will definitely bring a better change to the server, but also along with lots of issues and reports for admins to handle in case someone doesn't shoot the opposite team. So I think it should be each players choice, whether or not to shoot someone (Excluding security class, since they're supposed to protect the president at all cost).
Admins should have already been enforcing the rules. The fact that people are acting like this is some radical change shows how pervasive this bullshit is in our server's culture. I'm not suggesting a change in rules. I'm suggesting that the existing rules be enforced. At the very least, removing clan tags temporarily until they comply with existing rules by changing their clan rules and actions would be a start.

Example: YoMama[MoFo] enters the server. Unfortunately, MoFo's clan rules encourage covert aimbotting and spree fixing, and prohibit members from harming each other or anyone else who is a regular player, to keep their useless stats about as inflated as Arnold Schwarzenegger's biceps (brown condoms stuffed with walnuts). When YoMama[MoFo] enters the server, he receives a message informing him that MoFo's clan rules do not comply with server rules, so he may not use their tag. His tag is made invisible to everyone but him, so he shows up as YoMama everywhere.

Eventually, clan MoFo decides to change their clan rules (and actions) and their tag is reenabled.

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 01:38:26 pm »
We have already many confusion here since this idea came out of nowhere.. Just keep playing the gamemode like as always we do...

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2017, 09:33:32 am »
Admins should have already been enforcing the rules. The fact that people are acting like this is some radical change shows how pervasive this bullshit is in our server's culture. I'm not suggesting a change in rules. I'm suggesting that the existing rules be enforced. At the very least, removing clan tags temporarily until they comply with existing rules by changing their clan rules and actions would be a start.

Example: YoMama[MoFo] enters the server. Unfortunately, MoFo's clan rules encourage covert aimbotting and spree fixing, and prohibit members from harming each other or anyone else who is a regular player, to keep their useless stats about as inflated as Arnold Schwarzenegger's biceps (brown condoms stuffed with walnuts). When YoMama[MoFo] enters the server, he receives a message informing him that MoFo's clan rules do not comply with server rules, so he may not use their tag. His tag is made invisible to everyone but him, so he shows up as YoMama everywhere.

Eventually, clan MoFo decides to change their clan rules (and actions) and their tag is reenabled.
What a stupid exaggerated example.