Author Topic: Clan members should shoot fellow members on opposing teams  (Read 35336 times)

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
Re: Clan members should shoot fellow members on opposing teams
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 04:42:03 pm »
This will definitely bring a better change to the server, but also along with lots of issues and reports for admins to handle in case someone doesn't shoot the opposite team. So I think it should be each players choice, whether or not to shoot someone (Excluding security class, since they're supposed to protect the president at all cost).
Admins should have already been enforcing the rules. The fact that people are acting like this is some radical change shows how pervasive this bullshit is in our server's culture. I'm not suggesting a change in rules. I'm suggesting that the existing rules be enforced. At the very least, removing clan tags temporarily until they comply with existing rules by changing their clan rules and actions would be a start.

Example: YoMama[MoFo] enters the server. Unfortunately, MoFo's clan rules encourage covert aimbotting and spree fixing, and prohibit members from harming each other or anyone else who is a regular player, to keep their useless stats about as inflated as Arnold Schwarzenegger's biceps (brown condoms stuffed with walnuts). When YoMama[MoFo] enters the server, he receives a message informing him that MoFo's clan rules do not comply with server rules, so he may not use their tag. His tag is made invisible to everyone but him, so he shows up as YoMama everywhere.

Eventually, clan MoFo decides to change their clan rules (and actions) and their tag is reenabled.
This is really wrong perspective to give an example about this topic. You just taking some logical idea to some bullshit level lol

Dude, you just thinking selfish. You just trying to limit player's imagination. This game mode is more fun with this way. Because it bring some challanges. Yet, this is not about clans and this is about friendship..

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Nikola

• Head Admin
  • Score: 59064
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 05:28:53 pm »
There used to be a time when regular players (clan-involved and clanless alike) you killed didn't ask you for an apology, nor accuse you of the so-called "backstabbing" when all you did was perform actions corresponding to your class' purpose and duty. If this suggestion is implemented, I believe it will make the players think whether getting upset over being killed by a perceived "server ally" in an online game is really worth it. So, yeah, I support this.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 05:34:56 pm »
What a stupid exaggerated example.
Agreed, but I really don't understand why everyone doesn't see how ridiculous it is that many of the best players in the server have basically agreed to cheat together by refusing to shoot each other. I put it in the same category of shitty clan behavior as not kicking members when they've been found (sometimes repeatedly) to have cheated.

Dude, you just thinking selfish. You just trying to limit player's imagination. This game mode is more fun with this way. Because it bring some challanges. Yet, this is not about clans and this is about friendship..
I don't think so. People not shooting each other when they should is clearly wrong. I don't see how it makes the game more fun, or challenging. Instead of enjoying this wonderful game, people spend their time trying to avoid shooting their "friends" and "allies" and all hell breaks loose if, heaven forbid, they do shoot them. Within the space of 20 minutes, you can watch a competent but clanless/ally-less President get completely destroyed by the clan members in the server, then see a clan member with a lot of allies take over and do the dumbest shit with no repercussions, since all the terrorists who were chasing the last President are now refusing to kill the new one because of some stupid agreement. It's like people are playing baseball and the fielding team suddenly decides to go play cards once someone who they're allies with goes up to bat.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 05:38:02 pm by YoMama »

Offline Panal_Abeja

• VIP
  • Score: 8091
  • I'm not scared of you anymore! I'm a big boy now!
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2017, 08:17:27 pm »
Si me gusta la idea, si no te gusta matar a tus "amigos" puedes usar /rc c  y hacer lo que quieras.

I like the idea, if you don't like killing your "friends" you can use /rc c and do whatever you want.

+1

Offline Mive

• VIP
  • Score: 51529
  • [pWn]Makaveli
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2017, 07:12:14 pm »
yeah I think theirs no problem, I have experienced this yesterday with few members. This not even makes the game funner but enjoyable. It's not the end of the day when you kill your mates but its just a step ahead. I've seen many players like MegaPilot who takes this serious just wanted to enforce that. And i agree 100 percent. +1

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2017, 06:39:56 am »
Definitely worth a facepalm. It happened tonight in two consecutive maps.

President: Frez. Old player with experience, knows how to survive.

President: Nanobii. I'm not reallty sure he knew W was for walking.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 06:46:16 am by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2017, 07:18:52 am »

It kept happening, don't worry. I also had a lovely experience where an IDF member and I were playing as terrorists with him as my gunner, then a GgT member waddled up and sawed me without any retribution or fear of it. I avoid combat shotguns like the plague when I'm a cop, but apparently when you're in an allied clan, you just avoid the combat shotguns that don't have clan tags and you can attack anyone you want.

Offline Luka

• VIP
  • Score: 20091
  • LuKa[PPLV]
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2017, 07:39:30 am »
I love how PTP is and if you dont like it,go to a rp server and im 100% sure you will do your duty there  ;D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:41:52 am by Lucas »

Offline Satvik

• VIP
  • Score: 11218
  • Banned!
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2017, 01:01:28 pm »
Nice topic, you mean duty should be imposed on every class in simple words.
This same rule was imposed by Lacerta and Tenshi in the past also. The ultimate result of this rule was the less player count on the server.
So starting from your topic "Clan members should shoot each other if they are in opposite team". My question is to you is that why do we need such a rule? Just because you dont have friends? Or you dont have players to protect you? W/e it is, just to remind you sir we can survive alone as a presi, a single cop can fight vs terros, a single terro can fight vs opponents. Even a civilian can do it, but instead of upgrading your level you find it easier to create a topic demanding zero tolerance against players who dont shoot each other.
"A GgT member came out of nowhere and IDF's were enjoying" what if those idf members were terros too? I never ask help from any clan(including ggts) those who wants to help me will help me without even saying. If you could ask players to protect you, im sure they wont deny, and automatically half of them will be trying to have fun.
It upto you whether you want to shoot someone or not. And frankly speaking PTP doesnt have enough active staff members, and those who are active wont be selected just because of politics being played, this will result in more forum reports and more fights.

Thats all.

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2017, 02:02:03 pm »
Nice topic, you mean duty should be imposed on every class in simple words.
This same rule was imposed by Lacerta and Tenshi in the past also. The ultimate result of this rule was the less player count on the server.
So starting from your topic "Clan members should shoot each other if they are in opposite team". My question is to you is that why do we need such a rule? Just because you dont have friends? Or you dont have players to protect you? W/e it is, just to remind you sir we can survive alone as a presi, a single cop can fight vs terros, a single terro can fight vs opponents. Even a civilian can do it, but instead of upgrading your level you find it easier to create a topic demanding zero tolerance against players who dont shoot each other.
"A GgT member came out of nowhere and IDF's were enjoying" what if those idf members were terros too? I never ask help from any clan(including ggts) those who wants to help me will help me without even saying. If you could ask players to protect you, im sure they wont deny, and automatically half of them will be trying to have fun.
It upto you whether you want to shoot someone or not. And frankly speaking PTP doesnt have enough active staff members, and those who are active wont be selected just because of politics being played, this will result in more forum reports and more fights.

Thats all.
I get your point. Clans aren't supposed to kill and shoot their own members.
The problem occurs when 90% of server playerbase,"regulars" are following clan-don't shoot me plz,my ratio plz,kk sorry excuses and in those situations you don't know what to do.
Satvik is President. Whole GgT is reclassing to secutity team just to camp with president and get easy kills on those newbies who came here without knowing about their friend based tactics and of course they quits because there is no fun getting killed over and over by experienced and way over numbered players.
You don't like to be killed over and over,right? Or you do?
And those newbies who decide to stay and play daily they are mostly forced to join a clan which is friendly with everyone and the circle is repeating..
Satvik kills Cobra. Next thing comes is apologizing. Because you don't want a war with PPLV,you adore your sweet ratio which is increasing over newbies.
Lacerta and Tenshi had a point. You all cried after getting punished for forcing your own made rules which made the server less enjoyable and playable.
There is no point in discussing about server rules,no one is forcing you to shoot your friends. It's all about your own clan rules which sucks big time and hope Jonne and his staff team changes something about it.

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2017, 02:21:28 pm »

I'm afraid I don't really understand what you're trying to prove with these screens?

Offline Satvik

• VIP
  • Score: 11218
  • Banned!
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2017, 02:32:19 pm »

I think you must upgrade your reading skill
Whenever i become presi i always say, those who want to try can try, and moreover whenever someone from us becomes presi we make sure to spilt into both teams. Thanks for showing concern over our clan rules. We'll try our best to ignore you.
So at last whosoever goes presi should tell everyone to try, its all upto you, you cant force someone to kill a player :)

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:35:11 pm by Satvik »

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2017, 03:58:19 pm »

I'm afraid I don't really understand what you're trying to prove with these screens?
She wants to show how almost everyone either goes civ or security when a regular is president . But in case of a random presi, half of these regulars are civ and the rest are just terrorists trying to get the free presi kill.

That is true that there's hardly any security for the random players who become president but things are changing ..and i see more regulars becoming interested in saving these presidents (glenn, curry , brian walker, and many more). It is definitely more fun and more challenging to protect a person than attacking him. Exactly why the server is named PTP.

Ps: i still don't think there's a need for a rule... players gotta realise stuff on their own and if they can't then therr will be only reports, reports, reports and headache for staff.

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2017, 04:02:49 pm »
Mia was civilian when Frez was president(I was IG).So what does that screenshot do here lol
Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2017, 04:28:36 pm »
She wants to show how almost everyone either goes civ or security when a regular is president . But in case of a random presi, half of these regulars are civ and the rest are just terrorists trying to get the free presi kill.

That is true that there's hardly any security for the random players who become president but things are changing ..and i see more regulars becoming interested in saving these presidents (glenn, curry , brian walker, and many more). It is definitely more fun and more challenging to protect a person than attacking him. Exactly why the server is named PTP.

Ps: i still don't think there's a need for a rule... players gotta realise stuff on their own and if they can't then therr will be only reports, reports, reports and headache for staff.

Yes, I'm always happy to see regulars actually helping these poor lost presis, I want to believe they do it because they consider it the right thing :)

I think the same about the rule... I don't really understand how YoMama suggests this to be enforced. How can you prove player A doesn't shoot player B because they have peace? Couldn't player A just say he was distracted and didn't see player B? There are plenty of excuses...

I don't think a rule is the solution. As I said in my first reply here, the staff actions should go beyond simple spectating and command typing every time they see a rulebreaker, they should also set an example of fair gameplay. In my opinion, someone who makes anti-natural inter-team alliances to farm kills from newbies isn't setting an example of fair gameplay, is spoiling our community's growth and, consequently, shouldn't be in the staff roster. It could be a nice measure to begin with, surely many players would follow them.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis