Author Topic: Clan members should shoot fellow members on opposing teams  (Read 36885 times)

M a k a v e l i .

Re: Clan members should shoot fellow members on opposing teams
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2017, 09:01:30 pm »
If I start fighting my clan members my ratio could drop down..? Can you think of a possible solution for me, where I can keep my ratio high and still attack them at the same time? If anyone has the idea please let me know in pm, ty guys.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2017, 10:38:16 pm »
This same rule was imposed by Lacerta and Tenshi in the past also. The ultimate result of this rule was the less player count on the server.
I don't remember them enforcing this rule. If they had enforced it, you would think that clans that still exist from that time wouldn't have rules against shooting each other. Don't attach their names to something to try to make it seem unfair, particularly when it's not even related.

So starting from your topic "Clan members should shoot each other if they are in opposite team". My question is to you is that why do we need such a rule? Just because you dont have friends? Or you dont have players to protect you? W/e it is, just to remind you sir we can survive alone as a presi, a single cop can fight vs terros, a single terro can fight vs opponents. Even a civilian can do it, but instead of upgrading your level you find it easier to create a topic demanding zero tolerance against players who dont shoot each other.
You've apparently missed the point. We already have this rule. It's just that people look the other way as clans blatantly violate it. If you're implying I can't survive alone, so I'm making this topic to complain, then you've again missed the point. I have friends- however, "friend" to me doesn't mean "fragile relationship that only exists while the two of us refuse to shoot each other when we should".

"A GgT member came out of nowhere and IDF's were enjoying" what if those idf members were terros too? I never ask help from any clan(including ggts) those who wants to help me will help me without even saying. If you could ask players to protect you, im sure they wont deny, and automatically half of them will be trying to have fun.
Again, you just don't get it. Let's say that I'm President and I have IDF security, and some GgT terrorist comes along. Suddenly, my security is useless. This isn't "fun". It's stupid.

It upto you whether you want to shoot someone or not.
No, it's not in most cases. You're supposed to follow your duty, not bullshit clan customs.

Thanks for showing concern over our clan rules. We'll try our best to ignore you.
You're welcome. It would be nice if you could show the same concern for the server rules.

I think the same about the rule... I don't really understand how YoMama suggests this to be enforced. How can you prove player A doesn't shoot player B because they have peace? Couldn't player A just say he was distracted and didn't see player B? There are plenty of excuses...
Again, the rule already exists. There is a very easy way to enforce it. Force the clans to follow the rules if they want to have their clan tags in the server. Sure, it's not reasonable that people shoot each other in every case. It's pretty easy to see when people are refusing to kill each other because of clan bullshit, because it's so accepted here that they'll tell you.

I was hoping that intervention from the staff team wouldn't be necessary, and that the clans would maybe just agree to stop this bullshit. With a few notable exceptions, I apparently gave them credit for maturity that they don't actually have.

Offline SoLoD

• Score: Unknown
    • Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2017, 06:43:44 am »
It is not only about "clan members". It is about every single class follow his /duty.

You are taking a spot in a certain class = you are taking responsibility that this unit (you) will play like this gamemode tells you to play. You have no right to "waste" a spot. If you want to - you pick civ class.

You are saying that this rule (clan member shooting) will ruin your gameplay because it will force you to shoot clanmates. But is it really true? Because there is always a right solution - to play in the same team. But the state of PTP`s clans is... Well, you know, if you will open "clan rules", you will see there is something like "do not shoot clanmates", but you will not see "play at the same team". I wish to say that clan leaders have ability to change it and make it normal, but i was not able to do it in PPLV. So, the question is: how is it possible that one clan at the same time trying to kill AND protect president? Obv that this is nonsense. Clan is a ONE UNIT. Because if it is not, what is the point of this clan (under the idea of existing inside this gamemode, where you have "team competition among classes to kill/protect president")? The same thing for clanless players, when they do not shoot opposite team members.

Like always, there are two ways to solve it:
1. Having normal community with understanding that "gamemode>everything" and playing your roles like this server tells you.
2. Not having normal community, so you need to force everyone on the server to play it in a "right" way. You are making rules etc to do it.

You can not change "state of mind" of this community by just saying "lets try to play like we were playing 8 years ago". Do you expect that if you will do a rule which will force community to play "unnormally", community will like it? Because this downfall from "how we were playing" to "how we are playing now" was not instant. Do you remember how 1-2 year ago there was a topic where someone said something like "i am doing a list of ptpers who will shoot everyone who is on opposite team, sign if you want to"? Was not that bad idea, but it was only a half-measure. Partly official, partly optional.

When newbie is starting to play this gamemode, he is looking how other regulars are playing it and doing the same. Clan members are looking at their leaders and play how they/their rules say. So, server "leaders"(clan leaders, admins, mods, "popular" regulars) is the key, and in our case it is very mindless key.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Judah

• Score: 124
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2017, 07:33:56 pm »
+1 I don't see why friendships or clans should come before your duty. I get frustrated because of this whole clan issue every single time I play on the server.

If friendships matter more then you should switch to the team of your friends instead of ruining the whole purpose of the gamemode. I'm pretty sure the server would gain more players who would be happy to follow rules than those who would leave because they can't follow their /duty.

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2017, 08:58:45 pm »
Well I'm sorry, but this is just so ridiculous to me. Clans are there for a reason, if people don't want to shoot their own clan mates then I don't really see the problem with that. You're trying to impose something that would radically change structure of every single clan here on PTP, it's not gonna work.

Offline Rev

• VIP
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2017, 11:33:38 pm »
Hold on a second, clanmates don't shoot each other? I'm in a constant fireshooting whenever I come across my clanmates. Them motherfuckers need to die.

Offline ZeRo

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2017, 02:05:00 am »
I think it's safe to say that many of the clans here prohibit their members from killing each other and members of "allied" clans. I've been in plenty of situations where I pick someone up as a gunner and they refuse to shoot at certain players who are perfectly happy to kill me because I'm not part of their tribe, or they sit uselessly on the back of my bike as I chase the President, because they are clan mates. This isn't a clan server and clan rules shouldn't supersede a player's duty (and the rules). In addition, this bullshit gives many players few options for targets that aren't new players. I've never even understood how it helps clans, either- many of them claim to be "the best" in the server, yet they don't try to get better by playing against each other... whatever the case, it shouldn't be allowed.

No you are wrong this Server is Not only about The gamemode , its also a Clan Server and you disagree with That you Need a Reality Check , most People WHO Play Here want to Play in Clans and Clans make agreements to Not shoot each other This will Not change. Also Clans made this Server what it is they are the Most fun in it.

Offline Quido

• Head Admin
  • Score: 27783
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2017, 02:43:37 am »
I love shooting Jonne!

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2017, 04:13:32 am »
Well I'm sorry, but this is just so ridiculous to me. Clans are there for a reason, if people don't want to shoot their own clan mates then I don't really see the problem with that. You're trying to impose something that would radically change structure of every single clan here on PTP, it's not gonna work.
The problem is obvious. It's also in blatant violation of the rules. How does this work out reasonably if the server is filled with only members of allied clans? Right, it doesn't. Does it work much better when most of the server is filled with clans plus a few others, like it usually is?

Making people actually play the game is not a radical change for all clans. As we've seen so far, there are plenty of people here who shoot their clanmates.

No you are wrong this Server is Not only about The gamemode , its also a Clan Server and you disagree with That you Need a Reality Check , most People WHO Play Here want to Play in Clans and Clans make agreements to Not shoot each other
Huh, I need a reality check? Last I checked, the name of the server was "Protect the President", not "Protect the President and Clanmates Who Are Trying to Kill the President You're Protecting". There are clans in the server, true- but that doesn't make it a "clan server". Believe it or not, you aren't special if you're in a clan. Your clan "agreements" don't mean anything to people who aren't in them. I don't give a shit how "prestigious" or "elite" you think your particular few letters between square brackets are. You shouldn't get a pass when it comes to the rules.

This will Not change.
Why not? Is this indicative of how much you care about fair play?

Someone disprove this statement:
Players on opposite teams agreeing not to kill each other is unfair, against the rules, and doesn't make sense in terms of the gamemode.
I'm waiting...

Offline ZeRo

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2017, 06:02:11 am »
Yomama this is your Problem Not the Problem of the CommunitY ,its you and Some Guys like mia , WHO Don t Like the playing Style of Most of the players u can make a Poll and See the results but you are just cryring around. Maybe this Server is called ptp and tdm but this Server is a Clan Server now. You can accept that or Find a new server. And stop blaming Clans for your personal hate

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2017, 07:28:53 am »
Hold on a second, clanmates don't shoot each other? I'm in a constant fireshooting whenever I come across my clanmates. Them motherfuckers need to die.
<3

Offline Shawkhawk did nothing wrong!

• VIP
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2017, 07:31:56 am »
Yomama this is your Problem Not the Problem of the CommunitY ,its you and Some Guys like mia , WHO Don t Like the playing Style of Most of the players u can make a Poll and See the results but you are just cryring around. Maybe this Server is called ptp and tdm but this Server is a Clan Server now. You can accept that or Find a new server. And stop blaming Clans for your personal hate
I don't think yomama n Mia hate other players, but i think they don't see how others play n enjoy, and I agree that this community grew this much because we have clan structure n  the mess that comes along with it. That's what makes it different from other samp servers.

But of course, this has a major flaw also, a first time player will get pissed when he'll get chainsawed by other class and his teammate will just stand there doing nothing, BUT! If that newcomer manages to gain some skills, other players will always accept him in their groups n then ptp becomes a 100× more fun for them, Im always looking for new guys and i try to help them, you guys can do the same. Of course sometimes some of you lmb finger itchy guy saw them down before I could do anything, but that's other thing.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 07:53:36 am by pistolstar »

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2017, 08:06:11 am »
<3
Yep this is why i love rev

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2017, 08:37:07 am »
BUT! If that newcomer manages to gain some skills, other players will always accept him in their groups n then ptp becomes a 100× more fun for them
Explain, why our situation when regulars not follow gamemode basics is "100x more fun" than when (and IF) they just play the actual gamemode. Explain, and maybe i will be able to get that fun too.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2017, 10:08:36 am »
I don't think yomama n Mia hate other players, but i think they don't see how others play n enjoy, and I agree that this community grew this much because we have clan structure n  the mess that comes along with it. That's what makes it different from other samp servers.
Clan mess makes PTP unique? Good luck finding many major servers that don't have clans. It's the gamemode that makes PTP unique. I haven't found another game that has 40+ people chasing after one person for 15 minutes, with all the fun that entails. It's clan bullshit and disrespect of the gamemode that is scrubbing PTP of its uniqueness.

It used to be that PTP seemed to have just about the best players in every category, at least that I encountered. I felt that I could never find stunters, pilots, fighters, and drivers like those in my favorite server. Everyone who has played here for a long time can list off names of many of the best. Many of the older players also know all kinds of shit (stunts, hiding places, etc.) that are now forgotten, because it's not as important to the community anymore. Many people now believe that to succeed in this server, you have to know people and befriend them. Not coincidentally, nowadays I can find higher levels of competence in all those areas easily in different servers, except they have shit gamemodes. It just might have something to do with our community being openly biased towards newbies and many of our best players refusing to get even better by actually playing the game. The end result is a relatively stagnant community of people who believe that they are the best players ever because they never really play the game without all of the political advantages they have.

But of course, this has a major flaw also, a first time player will get pissed when he'll get chainsawed by other class and his teammate will just stand there doing nothing, BUT! If that newcomer manages to gain some skills, other players will always accept him in their groups n then ptp becomes a 100× more fun for them, Im always looking for new guys and i try to help them, you guys can do the same. Of course sometimes some of you lmb finger itchy guy saw them down before I could do anything, but that's other thing.
So basically, you're saying that the game becomes 100x more fun when you gain skills to the point where you no longer need them because most of the server refuses to kill you?

I have plenty of fun (100 billion times more, based on recent studies) actually playing the gamemode, and it's not like I haven't had many chances to join clans. I'm pretty used to people making recruiting attempts on me, but I've never had the inclination to suddenly make many of my opponents off-limits and myself off-limits to them. I prefer actually playing the game to playing politics and pretending to be among the best while not actually playing against anyone else who also pretends to be the best.

Someone disprove this statement:
Players on opposite teams agreeing not to kill each other is unfair, against the rules, and doesn't make sense in terms of the gamemode.
I'm waiting...