Author Topic: Allowing Rustler for president?  (Read 12257 times)

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: Allowing Rustler for president?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 07:56:35 pm »
Terrorist can't take out the rustler when it's flying high plus in maps like Los Santos you can't even keep up with a helicopter so a rustler... No.

I don't know if you've played when this was done but a security on rustler vs shamal with terrorist , it's a easy kill for the secs. That's why I suggested the timers so it's balanced.
Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 08:41:38 pm »
Terrorist can't take out the rustler when it's flying high plus in maps like Los Santos you can't even keep up with a helicopter so a rustler... No.
If the President is flying really high, they can't hit him from the ground- however, if he's lower, he can be hit by snipers pretty easily. That's why I like the idea of a penalty when the President flies above a certain altitude, instead of an overall penalty. It makes it easier for the terrorists to get to him. A Rustler can easily keep up with a helicopter- I don't know where you're getting that from.

I don't know if you've played when this was done but a security on rustler vs shamal with terrorist , it's a easy kill for the secs. That's why I suggested the timers so it's balanced.
The only reason that would be an easy kill for the security is if the pilot of the Shamal is inexperienced. All they have to do is fly below the Rustler and shoot up- the security can't shoot through the Rustler, so they don't take damage while they can shoot at the Rustler all they want. If you really want to kill the President when he's flying, regardless of how many security he has, just go below him so any security on the wings can't shoot you, and open fire. It's actually easier and safer for me to kill the President when he's flying than when he's driving around, and I'm reasonably skilled at both.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 03:10:33 am »
A tried was already given few months ago. It was later removed because the majority voted so. I don't think giving more tries until the supporters of this idea get the outcome they want is the most time-efficient solution.
It was tried under different circumstances, so don't pretend it's trying the same thing. This time, the timers are still in place. You're grasping at straws with the "time-efficient" crap.

When I posted that message the word timer hadn't been mentioned in this topic. Sorry YoMama, next time I'll make sure to read all the replies that haven't been posted before writing my own.

About the different circumstances, I don't think that new restriction you suggested would be enough. Considering the maps dimensions and the average player count, almost every place of the map is empty, the chances of your plane being sniped are quite low, especially if you avoid them. And a Rustler would easily avoid much slower land vehicles. Yup, you would get the plane sniped a few times, but it would also be really easy to get a new one at any airport and start the game over again.

From my experience and from the last poll, most of players aren't willing to spend their round flying or driving behind a plane or bike which is just as fast as theirs, if not faster. I think our goal should be making protecting-attacking game more attractive than the armor clanwars game. This would be a serious threat to its attractive...
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Bully

• VIP
  • Score: 38264
  • Angry and hungry
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 02:58:20 pm »
+1

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2017, 03:36:07 pm »
+1 with Hitto's Altitude suggestion.
%

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2017, 05:54:53 pm »

1. Terrorists can take out the plane easily with a rustler.
2. Reverse the roles. I've taken out a security in a Shamal with the president flying on it. It was hard as hell because the Rustler is not as fast. I took over 5 minutes by intercepting the Shamal 2 times when it was near boundaries on the map. Shit like that is allowed, but the president shouldn't fly a Rustler? Give me a break.

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2017, 06:55:13 pm »
why don't we allow the president to fly a Rustler?
Because of Yomama and raging no-skill shits that can not deal with it.
/topic
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72355
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2017, 09:28:23 pm »
As few people have already mentioned, we already had presidents flying rustlers, for a short period of time though.

On the positive side, there was more action involved. It was fun to see the securities flying along with the president and defending him from terrorists in new ways. The only issue faced was some terrorists eventually giving up after trying a bit.

The polls last time forced us to chose to remove it as there were no limitations to the flying part. IMO, if there are any restrictions such as health penalty or any better idea is implemented to avoid the president flying for the whole 15 minutes, the president should be allowed to fly rustlers.

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 07:10:04 pm »
As few people have already mentioned, we already had presidents flying rustlers, for a short period of time though.

On the positive side, there was more action involved. It was fun to see the securities flying along with the president and defending him from terrorists in new ways. The only issue faced was some terrorists eventually giving up after trying a bit.

The polls last time forced us to chose to remove it as there were no limitations to the flying part. IMO, if there are any restrictions such as health penalty or any better idea is implemented to avoid the president flying for the whole 15 minutes, the president should be allowed to fly rustlers.
I don't think there should be any restriction at all. There are no restrictions on presidents speeding across the map for 15 minutes. If you have enough skill, you survive with a NRG as president. Same with the Rustler.

I find it really hard to understand why there should be restrictions on flying a Rustler as president. The thing is, the majority of PTP players can drive really fast and most of them(hell, even I know some stunts) can do some stunts. For some reason flying a Rustler(which not a lot of people are that good at) should be limited while the gamemode suffers more from NRG whores(excuse me for the word) than it will ever suffer from Rustler presidents.

There are some active players who will be hard to shoot down: MegaPilot, YoMama, Eagle, Barto, Panal. Okay, 5 players. Now, make a list of every player who is hard to kill when he has a NRG: 85% of the server.

See what I'm getting at?

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2017, 08:42:07 pm »
Yo Mega where am i i dodge missiles like a boss.
Mega don't waste your time on explaining these hypocrites  :D

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 10:09:18 pm »
/topic
It sounds egotistical (which is why I've never said it), but I have been cited as a reason not to allow it, particularly in Tenshi's server, which is complete bullshit.

I find it really hard to understand why there should be restrictions on flying a Rustler as president. The thing is, the majority of PTP players can drive really fast and most of them(hell, even I know some stunts) can do some stunts. For some reason flying a Rustler(which not a lot of people are that good at) should be limited while the gamemode suffers more from NRG whores(excuse me for the word) than it will ever suffer from Rustler presidents.
As an NRG whore, I take great offense. Well said.

There are some active players who will be hard to shoot down: MegaPilot, YoMama, Eagle, Barto, Panal. Okay, 5 players. Now, make a list of every player who is hard to kill when he has a NRG: 85% of the server.
You forget to mention that the best pilots will be easy to shoot down if around three or more terrorists of reasonable skill are following them, whereas an average NRG president might require many more people of higher skill, and even then, he can just keep jacking bikes. On top of that, the NRG president can gather people on top of his bike at no performance penalty to stop anyone from getting near him on the ground, and his security can easily give him new bikes to use. If the terrorists know what they're doing and you get shot down from a plane as President, you're pretty much alone, and probably royally screwed.

I have said this before, but I don't even think there should be any penalties for flying (I only suggest less draconian ones in hope that being more forgiving about flying will lead to certain people getting better at it to the point where they realize that they can actually have fun and do damage by flying). Why? The huge risk you take by flying a plane (particularly if you're the pilot) is already a penalty. I don't even trust myself not to crash into anything over a period of 15 minutes. I currently have the most survivals as president out of the entire server. A small fraction of those survivals involved flying, and out of that fraction, few involved flying for any long period of time. Practically none involved flying when skilled people were in the air.

However, the overwhelming majority of survivals involved mainly driving, which I view as a much lower-risk option, particularly when I have a mental library of stunts I can do to shake most of the people who follow me. When you fly, there isn't really anywhere to hide, and the only way to shake people off is to get behind them, which is nearly impossible to do without being shot down with two or three competent pilots. Add on people surfing on planes, and suddenly your long-term survival prospects look pretty bad. I can't think of a game where the President lasted an entire round in an aircraft (hell, more than half the round) when I've been a terrorist.

TL; DR:
To all the people who are still going to whine about this: if you're complaining about lacking the skills to shoot someone down, that's your problem, and more of a reason why your opinion shouldn't be taken seriously than a reason why the President shouldn't fly. Everybody started playing this game as a newbie. Show a little humility and try to learn, instead of denying other people fun because you've ignored a huge aspect of the game (that whole "3rd dimension" thing) for your playing career. If you're uncomfortable flying and want to learn tricks and improve your skills by watching me, I made my flying guide for a reason. If you have questions or want me to make a video on something, ask me or someone else who knows what they're doing- I think we all appreciate having more skilled opponents in the air.

TL; DR. TL; DR:
When most (though I say most, I can't think of an exception) of the people who actually enjoy flying planes and are skilled at it are telling you that this is not going to be a big deal, that it will probably make the game more fun, and that it won't in fact make the President invulnerable but instead do the opposite, you might want to reconsider your opinion.

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2017, 05:27:38 pm »
/topic
It sounds egotistical (which is why I've never said it), but I have been cited as a reason not to allow it, particularly in Tenshi's server, which is complete bullshit.

You forget to mention that the best pilots will be easy to shoot down if around three or more terrorists of reasonable skill are following them, whereas an average NRG president might require many more people of higher skill, and even then, he can just keep jacking bikes. On top of that, the NRG president can gather people on top of his bike at no performance penalty to stop anyone from getting near him on the ground, and his security can easily give him new bikes to use. If the terrorists know what they're doing and you get shot down from a plane as President, you're pretty much alone, and probably royally screwed.

I have said this before, but I don't even think there should be any penalties for flying (I only suggest less draconian ones in hope that being more forgiving about flying will lead to certain people getting better at it to the point where they realize that they can actually have fun and do damage by flying). Why? The huge risk you take by flying a plane (particularly if you're the pilot) is already a penalty. I don't even trust myself not to crash into anything over a period of 15 minutes. I currently have the most survivals as president out of the entire server. A small fraction of those survivals involved flying, and out of that fraction, few involved flying for any long period of time. Practically none involved flying when skilled people were in the air.

However, the overwhelming majority of survivals involved mainly driving, which I view as a much lower-risk option, particularly when I have a mental library of stunts I can do to shake most of the people who follow me. When you fly, there isn't really anywhere to hide, and the only way to shake people off is to get behind them, which is nearly impossible to do without being shot down with two or three competent pilots. Add on people surfing on planes, and suddenly your long-term survival prospects look pretty bad. I can't think of a game where the President lasted an entire round in an aircraft (hell, more than half the round) when I've been a terrorist.

TL; DR:
To all the people who are still going to whine about this: if you're complaining about lacking the skills to shoot someone down, that's your problem, and more of a reason why your opinion shouldn't be taken seriously than a reason why the President shouldn't fly. Everybody started playing this game as a newbie. Show a little humility and try to learn, instead of denying other people fun because you've ignored a huge aspect of the game (that whole "3rd dimension" thing) for your playing career. If you're uncomfortable flying and want to learn tricks and improve your skills by watching me, I made my flying guide for a reason. If you have questions or want me to make a video on something, ask me or someone else who knows what they're doing- I think we all appreciate having more skilled opponents in the air.

TL; DR. TL; DR:
When most (though I say most, I can't think of an exception) of the people who actually enjoy flying planes and are skilled at it are telling you that this is not going to be a big deal, that it will probably make the game more fun, and that it won't in fact make the President invulnerable but instead do the opposite, you might want to reconsider your opinion.

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2017, 09:32:59 pm »
/topic

TL; DR:

TL; DR. TL; DR:

You Are Our Lord,YoMama.
WE NEED RUSTLERS!

Offline Yash

• VIP
  • Score: 2448
  • “Anyone can do my job, but no one can be me.”
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 01:19:25 pm »
We can give it a try so +1
#PlanB.Echo* [14] VIP Chat Quinn: How's Kencer
#PlanB.Echo* [10] VIP Chat Schottky_BiB: deadman?
#PlanB.Echo* [32] VIP Chat [RZ]Deadman: ?
#PlanB.Echo* [10] VIP Chat Schottky_BiB: yash is asking how are you
#PlanB.Echo* [9] VIP Chat SatviK:  XD
#PlanB.Echo* [14] VIP Chat Quinn: Xd

Offline IDAN

• VIP
  • PPLV <3
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2017, 10:16:25 am »
+1