Author Topic: Anticheat and Hydras  (Read 3165 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
Anticheat and Hydras
« on: May 04, 2016, 10:20:29 am »
I was just messing around in the server and noticed two things- nothing happened when I bombarded the president spawn with a hydra (although there wasn't a president- if you've made it that smart, I like it), and the anticheat doesn't ban for spawning jetpacks. A hacker (name started with C9) spawned one while I was in there.

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: Anticheat and Hydras
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 05:07:50 pm »
I was just messing around in the server and noticed two things- nothing happened when I bombarded the president spawn with a hydra (although there wasn't a president- if you've made it that smart, I like it)
There is a system for it. When there is a presi, the spawn area will be marked red on your minimap. If you start shooting your hydra inside the marked area, a window will pop up telling you to stop shooting there. After 4 warnings(I think?), your hydra will explode automatically.

Offline Quido

• Head Admin
  • Score: 27783
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 06:12:20 pm »
Anti-cheat hasn't been set to ban hackers yet (I don't think). Don't know about the hydra thing but what Uthar said sounds right :p

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 08:34:39 pm »
The no-fly zone is only activated when the pres is also in that area. So when there's no pres, you'll still get a warning when you enter it, and it will show on the map, but it won't trigger the warnings. So only when the pres is also in that area, you'll get warnings (3 warnings, 4th destroys your hydra).

As for the AC, as Quido said, it's not banning anyone yet. It only gives warnings for now, because there's still some false positives and some work debugging it. So for now it doesn't auto-ban anyone, I want to make sure it won't ban any innocent people first.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 10:54:11 pm »
The no-fly zone is only activated when the pres is also in that area. So when there's no pres, you'll still get a warning when you enter it, and it will show on the map, but it won't trigger the warnings. So only when the pres is also in that area, you'll get warnings (3 warnings, 4th destroys your hydra).

As for the AC, as Quido said, it's not banning anyone yet. It only gives warnings for now, because there's still some false positives and some work debugging it. So for now it doesn't auto-ban anyone, I want to make sure it won't ban any innocent people first.
OK, that all makes sense. When you say that it destroys the hydra, does that mean that it explodes? If so, that could be abused- maybe just respawning it would be better.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 11:12:09 pm »
The health gets set to 249, so they still get a chance to /ej out. I think that's the best solution for now, but if it gets abused I'll make it just respawn.