Author Topic: mods applications!  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Aksel

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Greatest of all times
mods applications!
« on: December 14, 2016, 11:20:15 pm »
to start i want to say that i'mnot interested to app now or any time in future i just like to play when i can and then quit but there is a thing!

IMO there should be a section on forum,like in Clans application where people should read apps and say their opinion about candidates i know that final decision is up to admins but sometimes people can see some points that admins cant be aware of...some applicants are awful and many others had been cought  cheating on past and some of them still doing it!
  being an admin in a community isnt a honor but its a responsibility!i'mnot saying all of them r bad nope i see some decent applicants but for some ppl its like put a kid alone in a candyshop!

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
Re: mods applications!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 12:46:59 am »
I cannot agree with this. The lack of discussion about the applicants helps the administration to be more impartial, less affected by subjective opinions, arguments and personal issues. In the end, the administrators pick (or invite) people to be a part of their team; the community doesn't determine anything about it in our case (which is right imho). So, -1.

being an admin in a community isnt a honor but its a responsibility!
You're definitely right in it (though it's a honourable responsibility, but still responsibility). Yes, some of applications look as requests to join an elite club. But any administration team shouldn't be considered so. The 'elite club' is VIPs community, not admins.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 01:02:04 am »
Yeah, I'm with Altus on this one. Level 5s are having long discussions about picking new staff members already (as far as I'm aware), so no need for the rest of the community to participate in those too. Unlike Tenshi's server, here no one will get mod/admin status just because they are good friends with the owner or because they paid ridiculous sums of money for it.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 05:10:17 pm »
Maybe we'll open a seperate section for this in the future, so everyone doesn't have to make a new app in a new topic when we select new mods and to have a better overview of who applied, but no one will be able to reply to it, because of reasons Altus mentioned already.