Author Topic: UI Suggestions  (Read 3777 times)

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
Re: UI Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2016, 08:31:23 am »
I don't like the president health bar meter, it's just going to add more advantage to terrors while they are already overpowered (presidents need a buff in my opinion not a nerf).

The time remaining bar is alright but there is no need to remove the blue announcement on screen because it has always been a classical part of the gamemode.

It doesn't change the fact that sometimes it can be annoying af lol

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2016, 12:03:00 pm »
Perhaps there is a way to put that announcement in the top middle of the screen, that way it wouldn't be annoying as much as it can be now (and it would still be visible)

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2016, 01:48:36 pm »
Well, generally your idea is interesting, but don't forget that UI is not standartized here, everybody uses various mods etc etc. So there would be a lot of conflicts between server-side and client-side UIs.

Besides, as for me, user interface should be as minimalistic as possible, no need to overload it ("keep it simple, silly!"). You can gather all of the information needed with /intel and /track [president's ID].

Of course, it can be made toggleable, but I still think it isn't worth time spent for scripting. Newbies will be even more confused with those new bars, so additional explanations should be also put, which would overcomplicate it even more.

So, -1 for now. Although, again, the idea is interesting.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Skittles

• Admin
  • Score: 16323
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 03:03:06 pm »
I like both of your suggestions.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2017, 06:04:06 pm »
I don't think this will be added, at least not in this form. Bars like that aren't easy to script, and won't look that good most of the time. Also, I don't think it's a good idea to show the presidents health all the time, so people know his status at all times and can take advantage of it. As for the time left, I also don't think there's that much need for it, and that the announcements are enough for now.