Author Topic: Combine IRC and Discord.  (Read 10481 times)

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
Re: Combine IRC and Discord.
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2018, 11:20:52 pm »
I like the Telegram idea

But Mia, how many players do yoy think are using Telegram?
100+ members are already there on the discord server plus i have shown the link in which the guy does it successfully within
minutes.
It isn't that tough.
Doesn't matter how many players are using Telegram. Did you use IRC before you came to know SAMP? If Plan B were to switch to Telegram, the same goes for that then. Discord and IRC are 2 different platforms. Combining them is not a thing. If your suggestion was about moving completely to Discord then sure I'd argue differently. But IRC has been around for ages for the internet nerds and pretty much many SA-MP members use it to chat and get to know one another and get code support so there isn't much of that on Discord or Telegram. IRC enables others to be on other chans for other servers as well.

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2018, 10:20:38 pm »
I like the Telegram idea

But Mia, how many players do yoy think are using Telegram?
100+ members are already there on the discord server plus i have shown the link in which the guy does it successfully within
minutes.
It isn't that tough.
Doesn't matter how many players are using Telegram. Did you use IRC before you came to know SAMP? If Plan B were to switch to Telegram, the same goes for that then. Discord and IRC are 2 different platforms. Combining them is not a thing. If your suggestion was about moving completely to Discord then sure I'd argue differently. But IRC has been around for ages for the internet nerds and pretty much many SA-MP members use it to chat and get to know one another and get code support so there isn't much of that on Discord or Telegram. IRC enables others to be on other chans for other servers as well.
My basic suggestion was to allow discord users to see whats going on #planb.echo channel and communicate just to save time like i don't want to open both of them separately.

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2018, 02:29:35 am »
My basic suggestion was to allow discord users to see whats going on #planb.echo channel and communicate just to save time like i don't want to open both of them separately.
That's why there shouldnt be a discord server for Plan B but yeah I get your point. Prefer IRC over Discord for chat

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline [ThunderStorm]

• Score: Unknown
  • The most warned guy in Plan B community!! level 69
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2018, 03:00:25 am »
I vote for the shittiest suggestions everytime <3
+1

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2018, 09:39:22 pm »
I think IRC is still the best option for displaying the chat logs, and I feel on other platforms things would get cluttered fast. We won't be adding a Discord plugin at this time.