Author Topic: Refund!  (Read 4003 times)

Offline Yash

• VIP
  • Score: 2448
  • “Anyone can do my job, but no one can be me.”
Refund!
« on: February 28, 2019, 07:06:36 pm »
Hey, today i was trying to reclass as cop but i was unable to because it showed the class is already full.
This is just not fair.
For many people reason of getting VIP was to choose any class at any time with no restriction.
Now, this feature which was promised at the time of purchase has been taken away!
I suggest you should return what was promised when people made the payment.
#PlanB.Echo* [14] VIP Chat Quinn: How's Kencer
#PlanB.Echo* [10] VIP Chat Schottky_BiB: deadman?
#PlanB.Echo* [32] VIP Chat [RZ]Deadman: ?
#PlanB.Echo* [10] VIP Chat Schottky_BiB: yash is asking how are you
#PlanB.Echo* [9] VIP Chat SatviK:  XD
#PlanB.Echo* [14] VIP Chat Quinn: Xd

Offline Mive

• VIP
  • Score: 51529
  • [pWn]Makaveli
Re: Refund!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 09:17:53 pm »
A better solution to bypass this is (in my experience) let's say security is full, I’d reclass to a cop than a few seconds after reclass back to a security slot.  Somehow I don’t know how this works but try it. If you actually read why team balance was created then you’ll understand why the system is how it is right now. Other than that there is no such thing as a refund policy.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 08:28:35 am »
As far as I know, it did not get taken away. VIPs can still reclass when other players can't, it's just they can't make the game totally unbalanced with unlimited reclassing.

I'm still against posting suggestions in the VIP section.

//Skittles: Cheers  8)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 11:47:44 pm by Skittles, Reason: Moving topic to Suggestions board »

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 02:24:12 pm »
Hey, today i was trying to reclass as cop but i was unable to because it showed the class is already full.
This is just not fair.
For many people reason of getting VIP was to choose any class at any time with no restriction.
Now, this feature which was promised at the time of purchase has been taken away!
You're basically saying "I want to reclass to the terrorist class even when there are 15 terrorists and only 2 cops and 2 securities".

It happened too often that VIPs imbalanced the game like that, so it has been limited.

Offline Bully

• VIP
  • Score: 38264
  • Angry and hungry
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 05:01:40 pm »
So basically you want refund for something which you haven't paid for ? Win win situation gg

Offline LuCa

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 07:59:24 pm »
It’s not unfair. The changes where made to balance the game, players where leaving and you tard still don’t understand why the changes where made

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 04:00:36 pm »
This is just not fair.
Nice joke!
Good Luck :D

Offline Konata Izumi

• VIP
  • Score: 81092
  • DarkSide Emperors
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 06:02:27 am »
This is just not fair.
Well as in the rules VIP are not refundable

Offline (1)[H]nZ88

• VIP
  • Score: 33709
  • VIPs = Perfectly balanced, as all things should be
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 10:27:25 pm »
TBH I'd like to see this feature even more nerfed as it is. Unbalanced teams are still a daily problem.
cunt

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 08:13:59 am »
TBH I'd like to see this feature even more nerfed as it is. Unbalanced teams are still a daily problem.
I don't think nerfing is the right solution. The problem I most often run into is the 10 protectors vs 1 terrorist and 9 dueling civilians problem. Something needs to be done about this-- either change how civilians are counted in terms of balancing, or limit the number of civilians. Maybe even limit the number of security based on how skilled the President is, or based on personal preference-- I never want many security, so it would be nice to be able to account for that. As it stands, I often have a bunch of security who are mostly useless and just gang up on the few terrorists around while I plead for them to play as terrorists to make things interesting.

This now-common case, where civilians are 50% of the server, was never normal until civilians became a more powerful class with the advent of lagcomp. I remember the days when there would be 40-50 players, and I'd be one of 5 or so civilians, driving around and getting killed by cops as a noob. You pretty much never saw civilians in the kill/death chart thing unless they were on the right side of the chart. It would be nice if civilians were like this again-- the days of only having a Deagle and some driving skills to escape. I think Tenshi is partially responsible for the change-- he played as a civilian so he could shoot people and generally fuck around, so he made them more powerful for his own benefit. Not good for the gamemode.

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2019, 09:03:03 am »
Something needs to be done about this--either change how civilians are counted in terms of balancing, or limit the number of civilians.Maybe even limit the number of security based on how skilled the President is, or based on personal preference.
This now-common case, where civilians are 50% of the server, was never normal until civilians became a more powerful class with the advent of lagcomp.It would be nice if civilians were like this again-- the days of only having a Deagle and some driving skills to escape.
Hmm you're right to some extent.Like I and someone else stated,we need to make civilian classes.Ones will help the defenders,ones will help the terrorists,and ones will be neutral.Those neutral ones should be limited in number,yet able to engage in combat,although they should be weakened in the terms of weapons,like you said.
As for the security,I don't think any limiting is needed.We need to make more terrorist classes,at least one more,"assassins" or something.They'll be a natural enemy to security,having armor from the start,though they shouldn't have as strong weapons as the terrorist class we already have,because they're too strong with dual uzis and spas.
Neutral civilians should be discouraged from fighting,by nerfing their aresenal.And their number should be limited to,let's say,10,while the civilians on different sides would be limited to being balanced in numbers with the opposite ones.
Btw what's lagcomp?
Let's roll

Offline (1)[H]nZ88

• VIP
  • Score: 33709
  • VIPs = Perfectly balanced, as all things should be
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2019, 02:49:54 pm »
Btw what's lagcomp?
It makes you not need to lead aimed bullets based on ping, you just have to hit the enemy on your screen and then the enemy still takes damage.
Like I and someone else stated,we need to make civilian classes.Ones will help the defenders,ones will help the terrorists,and ones will be neutral.
Why make classes? That's just an extension of T and Police. Just make em able to like change colour. Make it pink if they're aligned with the T and like, idk, light blue if they're aligned with the defenders. No other functional differences, only a colour change for them to choose which side they "claim" to be on. But IMO that would make the colours too complicated for newbies. Perhaps allow the presi to remove some civs from "team light blue" and such.
But imo it'd just be better to add passive mode for civilians and make non-passive civils limited.
cunt

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2019, 04:07:27 pm »
Hmm you're right to some extent.Like I and someone else stated,we need to make civilian classes.Ones will help the defenders,ones will help the terrorists,and ones will be neutral.Those neutral ones should be limited in number,yet able to engage in combat,although they should be weakened in the terms of weapons,like you said.
We already have all the classes you mention: the police, the terrorists, and the civilians. I don't understand why anyone would prefer to protect or attack as a civilian instead of choosing to be one of the classes that is intended for protecting or attacking. Adding more classes would not only be redundant but also confusing to new players, who would likely wonder what the difference is between a defending civilian and a cop, and wonder what the difference is between an attacking civilian and a terrorist.

Pretty much the only map I choose to be a civilian in if I'm playing the gamemode is West Venturas, because it's really easy to get to the airport as a civilian. That's it. That's the only reason. Even then, I only do this when I'm attacking with a plane and don't want to lose time getting to the airport. If I try to protect, I get killed by security or cops while trying to help the President, which is totally fair and reasonable since I can easily flip on them.

What is the advantage of having your civilian subclasses over the classes that we already have? I can't see any.

Btw what's lagcomp?
Before SA-MP 0.3z, all shots had to be fired ahead of a target's movement in order to hit the target, like real life. This meant that weapons like the Deagle and the sniper rifle were far less powerful, because it was difficult to hit your opponent, whereas running weapons were about the same, they just had to aim ahead. This also meant that vehicles were not weak as they are today, since one couldn't easily pop tires with their first shot or hit them much from a distance unless they were both really skilled and lucky in predicting the direction their target was taking. The server was much more driving-oriented, but still had plenty of camping it weird areas and foot fighting (as I feel it should be) and armor fighting was pretty rare among regular players, since it was actually as difficult to fight on the ground as it was in vehicles, so it wasn't mindless. The fact that all shots were affected by lag shouldn't make you think that the pre-lagcomp days were in every way somehow technically worse. For example, since unaimed driveby shots are not lagcomped, vehicle chases without passengers are exactly the same with or without it.

Lagcomp gives the illusion of progress without actually fixing anything but some aimed weapons. The only thing it does is properly synchronize aimed bullets so you don't have to compensate for lag youself with those shots. Lagcomp does not affect unaimed shots from vehicles, rockets, grenades, saws, or pretty much anything besides aimed bullet shots. See my post here for more information. This is great if your server is all about shooting mindlessly on the ground, it makes no difference if it's all about driving without passenger driveby (none of that is affected), but not great at all if your server involves driving mixed with aimed shooting, like ours, because it makes people on foot or drivebying from vehicles as passengers hugely powerful while doing nothing for vehicle drivers. Let it be noted that lagcomp is an option, not a requirement. It can be turned off.

With the advent of lagcomp in 0.3z, the balance of the server changed dramatically. The sniper rifle went from a relatively useless weapon against moving targets to the best weapon in the game against almost anything. M4s became overpowered because of their accuracy. Combat shotgun drivebys became especially powerful at close range. Cars became deathtraps because of their size and how easy they are to hit with aimed weapons, even when the shooter isn't chasing, so suddenly people relied on NRGs even more than they already did, while NRG driving became more difficult than it ever was because people could magically shoot tires out from a distance and with ease. Lagcomp is the reason why it is somewhat suicidal to driveby someone on foot: their shots will hit you every time if they're aiming right, while your driveby shots must perfectly compensate for lag on top of the fact that you present a huge target.

Lagcomp doesn't make it much easier for new players, either; even many of our regulars don't understand what it does and doesn't affect. Again, the only thing lagcomp does is synchronize aimed bullets so you don't have to compensate for lag. At least before, everything was consistent. Today, it seems that the majority of our server has no idea how to properly use vehicles because they wrongly assume they work the same way as aimed bullets, which has made vehicle use less effective.

In short, lagcomp fucked up the nice balance the gamemode had before it, and the owner at that time, Tenshi, did nothing to rectify the situation because he benefited from it and was lazy.* This huge change became the norm. Now, basically every class has grossly overpowered weapons which make the game more like tic-tac-toe in that you only have to fuck up once and you lose. Before, you fucked up and took some hits. Now, you fuck up and you die. With snipers available, "fucking up" can be as simple as being line-of-sight with a sniper user for long enough for them to click on you. There is no margin for error. For example, killing the President often no longer requires persistence and strategy, it just requires getting a line-of-sight on the President with a sniper. I still think this is broken and badly needs fixing.

* Tenshi failing to fix problems because he benefited from them and didn't want to is a common theme. Other "features" you can blame on Tenshi's legacy include our server's needless hostility to aircraft (Tenshi didn't like flying and knew little about it, and would often eject me from planes just because he didn't like being beaten with them), the now near-pointless watercamping timer (he didn't want to get a boat to kill someone, or just add boats to make it easier), the ability to spawn powerful weapons unrealistically out of nowhere with /holiday eng (you'll notice that this only benefits regulars who know about it), the lack of enforcement of /duty (he often ignored /duty himself), our regular-oriented culture, and our pay-to-win, overly-empowered VIPs. Back in Tenshi's day, some VIPs even gave Tenshi a little more money to become admins, with disastrous results. Often, the only way a problem was fixed was if the problem wasn't one that he could abuse. For example, when Deagle driveby suddenly became possible in 0.3c, I remember cars of civilians killing anyone in sight until they started killing Tenshi, at which point he permanently disabled it and restarted the server. Even with our problems, the server and culture we have now is a huge improvement.

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 10:45:31 am »
Alright,that lagcomp is a good thing,I assume.
Why make classes? That's just an extension of T and Police. Just make em able to like change colour. Make it pink if they're aligned with the T and like, idk, light blue if they're aligned with the defenders. No other functional differences, only a colour change for them to choose which side they "claim" to be on. But IMO that would make the colours too complicated for newbies. Perhaps allow the presi to remove some civs from "team light blue" and such.
But imo it'd just be better to add passive mode for civilians and make non-passive civils limited.
Hmm not gonna agree on that.Colors would change nothing.They could declare themselves allied and still shoot the presi,or get shot.Yeah,that's realistical,but bad for the game.We need to have them protected from defender bullets,and unable to kill the president.Colors should change,naturally.And who cares if the new players will be slightly confused,they'll ask what to do anyway.And we can discuss further what to do with neutrals who only want to rp.
As for YoMama's comment,it sounds as if it would be better if lagcomp was disabled.As far as I understood,you wouldn't be able to shoot straightforward and would have to shoot bullets where they should end up,if the target was moving.Maybe we could try returning it and see if it makes anything a little more interesting.
Let's roll

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019, 09:30:22 pm »
I haven't received any refund requests due to the balance limit, so I guess most people are fine with it. You can find more information about the new balance system here: https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=4076.0 Anyway, if Skyfire wants a refund for your VIP, he'll have to go through Paypal.