Author Topic: Do not give free saw and sniper for civiliian class  (Read 8373 times)

Offline ShadowGhost_Driver

• Score: Unknown
Re: Do not give free saw and sniper for civiliian class
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2019, 10:41:01 am »
give only sniper with limit bullets and remove saw

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
Re: Do not give free saw and sniper for civiliian class
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2019, 09:14:58 pm »
We're not going to remove it, for the reasons explained here:

The only thing I want for this server, is that people enjoy playing it. For that to happen, we need to keep attracting players as I don't think anyone like playing PTP by themselves. It's not easy to attract new players these days, as there aren't a lot of them anymore (according to Kalcor, the SAMP playercount peaked back in 2013...). The last couple of months, we also noticed that the server was often empty or had a low playercount. Therefore, we started looking for solutions to keep the server alive as much as possible.

One of the biggest complaints we saw when people were leaving the server, was that this server was unfair, "pay-to-win", etc and that's somewhat understandable. The sniper and chainsaw gives you an advantage over regular players, there's no discussing about that. During the holidays, when saw and sniper were available to everyone, we also noticed more new players sticking around. The first year we tried this for a week, last year it was available for a month. We only got positive reactions on this.

You might think: "why are you only doing this now?" For the past couple of years, the server was funded by VIP purchases. The main selling point of the VIP purchases was the sniper and chainsaw as without this, a lot less people will be interested in buying VIP. So, if we did this back then, it could have meant that we wouldn't be able fund the server anymore. Now since I graduated and got a job, I am able to fund the server myself, so VIP purchases aren't necessary anymore. So, you're right, people won't buy VIP anymore (or a lot less people will), but that's no longer a problem.

Some people have also suggested taking away the sniper and the chainsaw. That's something we can't do. It was included in the VIP purchase, and we can't simply take something away that you paid for. A lot of people have bought it only for the sniper and the chainsaw as well. But, you didn't purchase the right to have an advantage over everyone else, so I don't see a problem with opening the sniper and chainsaw to everyone. You paid for the sniper and chainsaw, and you still have that.

I understand losing this advantage is not fun, but I can only hope people will see the positive sides to this, and realise we do this to make the server better, and help it survive in the long run.