Author Topic: Tips and tricks for flying well  (Read 54398 times)

Offline MRT

• Mod
  • Score: Unknown
  • Good people always win.
Re: Tips and tricks for flying well
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 06:08:38 pm »
Nice job  :)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 09:04:36 pm »
Are you sure about this? From my experience, when you put the landing gear down, the plane automatically activates its high-lift devices. Thanks to that you can get more lift at lower speeds and avoid stalling. I find it useful, for example, when I'm flying behind the president's car and it's too slow for my plane to keep flying behind it without stalling.
I still don't think this actually helps as much- as you can see in the video I added, it's harder to gain altitude when you've got the wheels down, and it seems to make it more likely that you'll stall when you pitch up, which you'll need to do when the car in front catches fire. Yes, it activates the flaps, but it cuts your engine power so much that I think it's worse.

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 06:17:24 am »
Awesome guide, thanks YoMama (:

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 10:38:09 am »
Well done!  :)

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 11:06:17 am »
Is it possible for me to evade the limit somehow, like by making a second post then having an admin move it under my first one?

I don't think that can be done yomama. Only way admins can help is to just delete all the replies and then let you make a second post(for reserver) right under your first post.
Btw, i think players are lazy to read pdfs.

Offline Mive

• VIP
  • Score: 51529
  • [pWn]Makaveli
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 04:06:38 pm »
Great Tutorials Yomama :-)

Offline Alcor

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2017, 01:43:02 am »
Just a quick question YoMama, do you use ctrl or zero in the numpad to fire in the rustler?

I always find ctrl easier for me and more effective while maneuvering

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2017, 04:43:43 am »
Just a quick question YoMama, do you use ctrl or zero in the numpad to fire in the rustler?

I don't use either, since I have a controller. If I had to use the keyboard, I would set up everything so I could use my left hand to fly and my right to move the mouse. When I occasionally do use the keyboard, I use Ctrl because it's close and easy.

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2017, 08:28:45 am »

I don't use either, since I have a controller. If I had to use the keyboard, I would set up everything so I could use my left hand to fly and my right to move the mouse. When I occasionally do use the keyboard, I use Ctrl because it's close and easy.

Definetely not underestimating your skills but I assume that It's way easier to fly using a controller, isn't it? Just curious

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2017, 08:48:28 am »

Oh I've got this joystic:

But it's not compatible with GTA SA... I can just play Flight Simulator with it.. Did you try some kind of joystic before Yomama?

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Kooly™

• Score: 1687
  • (ᵔᴥᵔ)
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2017, 09:15:37 pm »
Finally yomama's flying secrets exposed  ;D

<PBBot3>: [Terrorist ID: 21] Miss.Khalid.Captain: can anyone tell me the sex commands

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 10:07:13 pm »

Definetely not underestimating your skills but I assume that It's way easier to fly using a controller, isn't it? Just curious
It's easier to look around with a controller than with the keyboard defaults, which is important. However, the best pilots I've flown against, with few exceptions, don't use controllers and instead use the keyboard configured so that they only need one hand to fly and they can use the other for the mouse. Much of flying through weird shit doesn't need fine control as much as planning to make sure that you're taking the best route, and when I'm dogfighting I usually have the controls maxed out anyway.

It used to suck when autoaim was enabled in SA:MP, because there was a glitch that made it so if you had a controller, someone autoaiming you hit you no matter what. Some people figured this out, and it sucked. That was partially why I started flying Rustlers- I couldn't get locked onto.

But it's not compatible with GTA SA... I can just play Flight Simulator with it.. Did you try some kind of joystic before Yomama?
Yeah, just to see what it was like- it was a Logitech. As I said, a lot of my movements are at the maximum anyway, so I was just whipping it all the way back and forth and it was annoying. The main reason I use a controller was because I played Vice City on a PS2 and it felt weird to move to SA on the keyboard.

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 10:16:18 pm »
This is the first time I see a rustler flying backwards, and thanks for the hydra flip to reverse! ;)

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2017, 08:59:59 am »
>yomama is making tutorial for flying shit
>everyone is like 10/10, god, 11/10!
>yomama is making suggestion about adding rustlers for president
>everyone is like 0/10, go away nab

Anyway, i can add 2 good videos from gtastunting.
1st is about hydra aim
2nd is about hydra control
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline MAR.

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2017, 10:26:19 pm »
>yomama is making tutorial for flying shit
>everyone is like 10/10, god, 11/10!
>yomama is making suggestion about adding rustlers for president
>everyone is like 0/10, go away nab

Anyway, i can add 2 good videos from gtastunting.
1st is about hydra aim
2nd is about hydra control
nice :D