Author Topic: Some help on computer  (Read 6771 times)

Offline indincive

• Score: Unknown
Some help on computer
« on: November 02, 2016, 03:32:43 pm »
Hi, so this is what happend, i, was playing gta sa game, and my laptop froozed so i hold the shutdown button, i power it on, and it loads with that loading loop, but then feeezes and blue screen comes saying " unmoutable boot volume" then it restarts with "Preparing automatic repair", and then loads for few seconds, then a black screen is there and nothing happens , so i turned it off, tried pressing f11, which is system recovery but same thing loads few seconds and then nothing happens just a black screen. By the way its a HP PAVILION 64bit. Pre installed windows 8.1 1tb hdd intel hd graphics 4400 and 8GB rama. thanks.

Offline Satvik

• VIP
  • Score: 11218
  • Banned!
Re: Some help on computer
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 04:04:15 pm »
Try to open samp again, or reinstall it

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 05:40:37 pm »
you didnt undrestand what he said satvic.his windows isnt opening at all.
i had problem like this in the past and solved it wth formating my pc.
so try to format your pc if you didnt found any solution and install again windows.

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 05:52:23 pm »
Don't format your pc. You realize you will lose everything then right? First try booting into safe mode, and try using some sort of repairing software. Never format first and if you need any help, feel free to ask and I'll try my best to offer you technical assistance.

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline indincive

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 06:06:01 pm »
k thanks for response, guys but here is the thing, because its pre installed i cant obtain the product key because its already activated and i dont know how, second i cant boot safe mode because with this laptop, you need to access "F11" system recover then u can use the recovery option and change start up settings then u can select onto safe mode, thats a problem because when i boot f11 its black nothing happens.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 09:38:08 pm »
Listen to Matt, he tells the right thing:
First try booting into safe mode, and try using some sort of repairing software.
Switch your PC on and press F8 repeatedly. Then you'll get into safe mode; pick an option that supports command prompt. Use "%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe" command to try to restore your system. If it doesn't help, try to boot from your Windows disk and pick the recovery option there. If nothing helps, consider booting from Live CD and doing everything you need from there.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline M[A]DNess

• VIP
  • =
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 10:03:02 pm »
Do you have your pc Synced on other date ?
You've been Xmarked.

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 11:59:45 pm »
Sounds like your hard disk might have failed, judging by that message you got. If you have Windows CD then insert it and try repairing Windows from that. Don't format anything if you don't have backup of your important files.

Offline Alcor

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 12:33:46 am »
the motherboard isn't detecting your main harddisk as a boot option, you can set the boot priority back to the main hdd with windows in bios if you know how to use that.

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 12:59:11 am »
the motherboard isn't detecting your main harddisk as a boot option, you can set the boot priority back to the main hdd with windows in bios if you know how to use that.

I doubt it's that, because it doesn't seem he messed with BIOS. Maybe if the BIOS got infected, but that would probably render the entire motherboard useless. I'm going with bad sectors on HDD, because the symptoms he's having are almost the same as mine a couple of months ago. Windows repair or reinstall should do the trick, but he might have to repair or re-allocate sectors too

Offline indincive

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2016, 06:05:36 pm »
Hi thanks for reply guys, but i need still need help i can update towards this
So as mentioned above, i now got my recovery cd and i used to boot up the linux platform and suprising i was able to mount my recovery drive and my main hard drive and was able to copy the contents over to the usb flash drive which is good, but how ever i still cannot boot as mention below and cannot get access to system recovery also mention above please read above so u can understand, so what should i do next thanks

Offline City Wok

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 01:40:16 am »
Hi, sounds like your harddisk broke

So you don't have the windows install disk and you say you don't have the productkey

well, your productkey is on the sticker on the bottom of your laptop

you have your backup now on the usbstick

So you have your recovery CD now?

Go to your bios and put dvd/cd drive to first in bootorder and start your laptop with the recovery cd in it

If that doesn't work do this:

What you can do is:
-Download windows 8.1 HP OEM on another PC (you can find this as torrent (legal no crack version) and you probably don't even need a productkey, cause it detects it's a HP laptop )
-burn the setup to a cd
-OR put this on an USBstick
(you need to make this downloaded windowssetup bootable for usb (you can google how to do that, it's easy))

I don't know your options of buying a new harddisk, but if you got the oppertunity to do that I should
You can try it with the current disk, during install it will probably check the intergrety of your harddrive and turn off any bad sectors

« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 01:52:19 am by City Wok »

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 02:10:49 am »
Did you try going into Safe Mode, or it won't let you do that either? Can you see the "Windows is starting" thingy or it just won't move past POST?

It seems that your best option is to just go and buy a new hard disk. Especially if it's more than 2 or 3 years old. Since you managed to successfully backup your important files to flash drive, there won't be any significant data loss.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 10:16:39 am »
It seems that your best option is to just go and buy a new hard disk. Especially if it's more than 2 or 3 years old. Since you managed to successfully backup your important files to flash drive, there won't be any significant data loss.
Yeah, if you managed to save your valueable data, indincive, and you don't want to spend your time on it no more, buying a new hard disk may be the best solution.

But, before doing so, I would try to to use hdd low level format tool (google it) to erase everything from the disk if I was you. It helped to revive a disk, which seemed to be broken, at least twice on my experience. It can take a few hours, but you just need to sit and wait. After you erased everything, you can try to install your Windows again; probably you won't need to buy a new disk.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline indincive

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 12:17:35 pm »
But guys i did mention, when i went on the Linux platform and mounted my actual hard drive followed by the recovery drive, i can literally see my files and my " WINDOWS " folder there and everything so its not a hard drive problem and it does not need to be replaced for any reasons. as mention i cannot boot safe mode because you need to access F11, which is system recovery then from there i can boot safe mode other than that. i think its bad sectors or hard drive needs to be checked and repaired. but i cant because the recovery drive is not leting me access F11, which is located in the recovery drive and normally it would check for errors and automatically fix it. but other than that i need help and READ ABOVE! so you understand what i mean thanks.