General > Mods

[Disallowed]FAKEping.cs

<< < (3/7) > >>

Uzumaki:

--- Quote from: cobby on June 19, 2020, 05:30:41 pm ---Please no retardness here , Act mature!

--- End quote ---
But....... I AM just a 4 yo 👉👈

Quido:
As this mod sends modified data to the server and misguides players in combat (chainsaw fights, ramming people etc), it won't be allowed

Altus_Demens:
I'd like to use the right of reopening the topic as I didn't keep up and missed the discussion a year ago.
Fini's arguments in this topic look quite solid for me. I think that if the mod is used merely to hide the identity while playing undercover and if it only changes the ping number, it shouldn't be forbidden or especially being punished like real hacks. I briefly discussed it with other staff members and they mentioned that if everyone start faking their ping, it would be too confusing both for the players and the staff. Anyway, I would like to see some fresh input from the players, so the decision that had been made a year ago could probably be altered. Thanks in advance to those who will take part with constructive arguments, pro or contra.

Finisher:

--- Quote from: Altus_Demens on June 18, 2021, 09:40:15 pm ---I briefly discussed it with other staff members and they mentioned that if everyone start faking their ping, it would be too confusing both for the players and the staff
--- End quote ---

The same could be implied about "Sprinthook", when it was first allowed everyone was too confused if this was speed hacking for obvious reasons, the advantages of this allowed mod literally gives combat and speed advantages that admins are trying to avoid from "fake ping" which do not exist in the first place, thus making the disallowing reason for fake ping makes absolutely no sense.

Sprinthook : Allowed / absolutely cheating a lot of servers disallow it

* Insane speed
* Combat advantage
* Modified speed data
* Might encourage newbies to use speed hacks since everyone's running like speedy gonzales
Addon advantages: Allowed

* Modified vehicles handling(ramming and racing)
* Ability to damage passengers and players on cars (surf update prevented it)
* Further drawing distance and ability to snipe from further distances
* Slightly faster shooting rate with weapons(huge advantage)
Ping Amplifier : Disallowed / considered a cheat?

* Decrease or increase in ping (no forced lag ----- no lag reduction)
* Hiding the identity

Specifer:
I have a doubt. What happens when a ping modification user has 1100 ping but is shown as 170 ping? What happens then? Would the server be able to kick him or he will be considered to have 170 ping and keeps playing with that ping?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version