Yes. I want to utilize my expensive pc
13 (37.1%)
No. My pc suck. I want equal gameplay
12 (34.3%)
Neutral
10 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: July 29, 2021, 01:40:42 pm

Author Topic: Remove fps limit  (Read 8254 times)

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
Re: Remove fps limit
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2021, 06:06:15 pm »
Well, I don't know if it is a bug or Samp Addon is just giving  fake information to the server but I  still can use +105 fps in game, I recorded it and checked the frames average in the Control Panel and it showed that i was with 80 fps average, I know that admins can check it in other ways but I always knew that the frames showed in your screen (using samp addon) is different than the frames that the server receives.
Just another good reason to disallow addoonnn

that’s true, addon uses your full monitor hz and will be shown as fps, in my case that’s 240 but it’s not really my fps, even if i limit it, same thing. I never thought about it like that but after seeing the update kicks I realized that the number showing is monitor hz. (Disable fps limit in installation)

that’s why addon users won’t be kicked for fps because they are using normal fps anyway, they’re just utilizing hz

forced fps by asi or cleo are real fps will be shown in both your screen and server data
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 06:12:16 pm by Finisher »

Offline Darwin/Retired

• VIP
  • Score: 19467
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2021, 06:47:21 pm »
Keep the update, let new players to the server get kicked, allow it to have less players on the server
Good update with a bright future for the server

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 138566
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2021, 07:08:11 pm »
Samp addon give fake fps to server...i test it on other servers i had 180 fps with addon but in that server system my fps was 80-90,its clear if u watch CP duels Fps

so someone Still can play with 105+ Fps

Offline Great_Khali

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2021, 02:52:45 pm »
No idea why this is done , i cannot imagine one playing at 5fps as per the lower limit ,
I play at 60fps and im fine if someone is playing at 200fps etc why do you want to kick players for using high fps btw , since we don't have c-bugs etc so just for sniper no-stun its useless suggestion to spoil fun for lots of newbies specially.

You want us to use some 3rd party apps or /fpslimit to limit fps- ok but what about newbies ? they come n get kicked 2-3 times n leave forever.

Get rid of this shit asap plz >.<

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2021, 03:49:20 pm »
No idea why this is done , i cannot imagine one playing at 5fps as per the lower limit ,
I play at 60fps and im fine if someone is playing at 200fps etc why do you want to kick players for using high fps btw , since we don't have c-bugs etc so just for sniper no-stun its useless suggestion to spoil fun for lots of newbies specially.

You want us to use some 3rd party apps or /fpslimit to limit fps- ok but what about newbies ? they come n get kicked 2-3 times n leave forever.

probably because of something like this
even that isn't possible with high fps i've tried 300 fps and my swimming was completely opposite from this, it was almost like swimming in my place, but what the heck is this? :D looks like some extra files

Offline cobby

• VIP
  • Score: 103402
  • THE PRO OF PRO'S- Still Mastering Ulta Instinct!
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2021, 05:52:19 pm »

even that isn't possible with high fps i've tried 300 fps and my swimming was completely opposite from this, it was almost like swimming in my place, but what the heck is this? :D looks like some extra files
That's the addon!

You should remember that the frame rate doesn't go above 100 on unmodified game. The game is old and many mechanics depend on the FPS value, they don't work correctly when FPS is too high.

I don't think it will be removed.
100% true. I used to bitch about how smooth my 120 fps game was couple of months ago while my fps wasn't even unlocked. Seemed like I was only using 90 fps locked and 100 fps is the game's limit, using 120 Hz. My game completely changed when I used some files to unlock my fps and then lock it to external numbers like 120. Now I'm utilizing 120 Hz completely.
Still, remove this shit. Many new people don't know to lock your fps and many regulars don't know what monitor Hertz are while they say they're at 300 fps, useless fps causing bugs and you're not even seeing anything above 60.
Power Rising! Magnetizing! Come on can you hear me now! Not even the gods can win nowww!

Offline LuCa

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2021, 09:27:52 pm »

That's the addon!

You should remember that the frame rate doesn't go above 100 on unmodified game. The game is old and many mechanics depend on the FPS value, they don't work correctly when FPS is too high.

I don't think it will be removed.
100% true. I used to bitch about how smooth my 120 fps game was couple of months ago while my fps wasn't even unlocked. Seemed like I was only using 90 fps locked and 100 fps is the game's limit, using 120 Hz. My game completely changed when I used some files to unlock my fps and then lock it to external numbers like 120. Now I'm utilizing 120 Hz completely.
Still, remove this shit. Many new people don't know to lock your fps and many regulars don't know what monitor Hertz are while they say they're at 300 fps, useless fps causing bugs and you're not even seeing anything above 60.

Addon ? I have addon and i swim normal ?

Offline cobby

• VIP
  • Score: 103402
  • THE PRO OF PRO'S- Still Mastering Ulta Instinct!
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2021, 08:19:47 am »
Do you have high fps or have you locked yours?

Remove the update if higher fps gives you disadvantages then it is person's own choice if he wants disadvantages or not.

Remove addon, addon with high fps is OP.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 08:23:08 am by cobby »
Power Rising! Magnetizing! Come on can you hear me now! Not even the gods can win nowww!

Offline knn

• VIP
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2021, 08:38:21 pm »
This update is just stupid . makes 0 sense

Offline Jig

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2021, 02:34:11 am »
Im locking voting in the next 4 days since jonne does not want to reply.
Vote up boys

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72333
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2021, 03:57:42 am »
Judging by the votes, the answer looks like a no.

Offline 𝕾𝖎𝖓𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖔

• VIP
  • BiB GOATS
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2021, 09:39:32 am »
if remove fps limit snip become bad and spawn prot dont become good i hope jonne fix fps limit fix snip, sniping ez no remove cause snip is easy
I JUST TOLD YOU WHO I THOUGHT I WAS, A GOD

Offline StuLenS

• VIP
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2021, 12:51:08 pm »

Exactly, the new rules are getting ridiculous. Now we are not allowed to play with high fps wtf?! The server is becoming some sort of dictatorship with those limited rules..

Jonne, if this continues, the server will just end up like old ptp with Tenshi. Let us play with high FPS ffs!!!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 02:42:50 pm by StuLenS »

Offline Aking_Bhai

• VIP
  • Score: 64983
  • Aking_Bhai™️
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2021, 04:12:20 pm »

Exactly, the new rules are getting ridiculous. Now we are not allowed to play with high fps wtf?! The server is becoming some sort of dictatorship with those limited rules..

Jonne, if this continues, the server will just end up like old ptp with Tenshi. Let us play with high FPS ffs!!!
ye remove it   /fpslimit

Offline 𝕾𝖎𝖓𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖔

• VIP
  • BiB GOATS
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2021, 06:11:08 pm »
At first I misunderstood this update and thought it would actually help with players but after I seen how addon can evade the fps limit, what kind of bullshit is this? I was on echo today and every 2-3 minutes a new player got kicked. What in the hell were you trying to do is my question here, the only way this would work is if addon was disallowed aswell cause of the firerate but addon evades this easily cause addon says your fps is 90-97 and it is infact much more than that, as I said at first I agreed with the update cause i thought addon will not be able to evade this but what's the point now? Sorry but this update seems like the level 5s were bored and just said "Let's make some update just so we have something new", Jesus Christ good luck getting players with this update lol, this is exactly the reason why PTP will die in less than a year.  :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edit: Here's a good idea for updates maybe go through the suggestions and everything you marked as "To Be Added" ADD IT, I'm sure everyone would like to have 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 duels I think the problem is that the server community has no effect on any future updates..
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 06:18:20 pm by 𝕾𝖎𝖓𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖔 »
I JUST TOLD YOU WHO I THOUGHT I WAS, A GOD