Off Topic > Off Topic

Nostalgia

(1/1)

Lizard_Person:
There is this Lithuanian story, Brisiaus galas, about death and sadness that sets in right after it, but also nostalgia that sets it afterwards. I had to read this story in my 3rd year of school and I think it is a perfect metaphor for this server.

As I was finishing up writing my thesis, I asked myself "What should I do now?. I decided, I wanted to revisit my good old days, the games that made my days happy and fun. SAMP and Plan B PTP hit my mind instantly. Hours spent on learning the bunny hop and shit posting on the forums, made me realize what a big part this server played in my life. It shaped my teenage years.

Now why mention the story and SAMP Plan B? Like an old dog, who got shot in the head by his own owner, for being to old, I think this server has reached his peak long time ago and now struggles to lift himself up from the ground. The sadness of no longer seeing you guys and girls on the server has long disappeared and instead nostalgia begins to set in, when I see the old posts and pictures. This all situation makes me remember this one quote -

Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends.

I hope this server stays in my mind for a long time, because it is more importing to remember them, than to cry over them.

Peace,
Lizard Person

Scott_:
Amen,
But, really I came back in the server and had 10 players around even I was enjoying the gameplay and guess what? I was chased down by some "new" gen players, although I like to play with old players, of my time, afterall I am not that busy and atleast being chased was fun by them, whom we have known for long except latinos. I still have samp in hope of seeing some old players back for a while xdd

COBRA:
Your words were touching my hearth while I was reading them.. Sometimes on work, I remember old times in PTP, all the fun we had with golden people here for many years. Then I'm checking the online player list on samp when I come home and I see no one online most of time. But when I see some similar faces on server list, I join to server to say hi. It's good to stop-by for remembering old times and seeing how PTP is still good with its players making it fun in this era. Thanks for the memories all!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version