Author Topic: [To be added]What's ruining the server and some ideas on how to solve it  (Read 25641 times)

Offline Tuco

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
I direct this post to Jonne, but I would love if everybody can join the discussion :)

THE FACTS:

In the last 3 or 4 months I see that slowly and steadily the players of this server have stopped playing the Gamemode. This is not my opinion, this is a fact.
I've just logged in to play. There were 18 players, including me, only 1 presi and another sec. The rest were civilians and a pair of cops and terrorists who were fighting each other, president was flying peacefuly.

When someone connects to this server is because they found something attractive in the title: Protect the President.

This is my favourite gamemode and that's why I am here. Otherwise I would be playing Battlefield.

I understand ppl that sometimes want to do some duels or fight their enemies, I totally get it... but now that's become the norm: nobody plays the GM anymore.

Those are the facts, now I want to talk about the past measures:

WHAT HAS BEEN DONE TO SOLVE IT:

I appreciate the effort that Jonne and all the other admins and members of this community have put on improving this server. I really like this leaderboard and score system. It gives a good reason for new players to play the gamemode. I was so happy to see ppl like Yasir to get the vip after having played so much the Gamemode in the last 30 days.

I also appreciate that you are making the server more democratic and you are open to hear everybody's opinions, not like before in Tenshi's server.

I find great that you are trying to balance how powerful the players are, and decided to give saws and snipers to all the players.

That's great... but unfortunately none of those things  were enough to solve the main issue:

NOBODY PLAYS THE GAMEMODE

MY SUGGESTIONS:

- The other day somebody mentioned that eliminating the clans would solve this issue. I don't think so. I really think that clans give a nice touch to the game.

- However, I think the biggest cancer of this server are the CLAN WARS. We have to find a way to end with the clan wars. Nobody likes the clan wars except for the ppl that are doing them. And guess what, being on a war 99% of the time ruins the experience of the players that come here to play the gamemode.

- We also have to put a limit on the amount of duels that people can make. It's ridiculous that some days half of the server is dueling the other half. I get it, if there are only 4 players, maybe that's the best thing you can do... but I've just seen 14 civs, 7 duels.

- We have to make it even more atractive to follow the gamemode.

... About the specific suggestions:

- I would not allow skins selection to other players. I would show only the colour (the class) to the enemies, but not the names. What we get with this is ending with stupid clan wars (of course, for doing this you have to agree with me on the first 4 points). Mainly people fight against each other because of their names. If we delete the names, this will be solved.

So it will look like this: The classes colors will still be the same. The difference is that each class can see the names of the "classmates", making it easier to interact with them. But the enemies will not be able to see your name, they will only be able to see which class you belong to, your HP and... that's all. So if Pepe hates Jose, but Pepe has no way to find Jose to kill him over and over again in a clan war, then maybe Pepe will start playing the Gamemode.

- I would create a system that will make terrorists lose health if they are not proactively following the president, the same applies to cops. For example, if the president is in the center of SF, but the terrorists take longer than 1 minute to arrive there, they will be losing health quite rapidly, making the clan wars very unatractive. (just like presi loses health on the water, the system can be applied to all players).

Those are my two suggestions.
Of course, to even consider these two suggestions you have to agree with the first points.
If you don't agree with the first points then we can debate.
But maybe you disagree because you actually dislike this gamemode and prefer to do some "capture the flag" or Battlefield GM. I respect you, but please go somewhere else to play, and let the ppl who chose this server to enjoy it.

The problem of this server is not how unbalanced are the VIPs in relation to non-VIPs. The problem of this server is that very few ppl enjoy the Gamemode.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 02:43:50 pm by Jonne »

Offline Darwin/Retired

• VIP
  • Score: 19467
+1 goog
But
The clan idea is shit...no clan = less players
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 11:21:30 pm by m3.MonSter »

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
Not bad, i like it. That would probably solve all the big major problems in PTP, including not following gamemode and constant gang wars.
However, people that do that would probably dislike your idea.

Offline Uzumaki

• VIP
  • Score: 80424
  • The WEEB DUCK!
I like almost all the part.
But for the Terrorist health losing thing, I don't agree.

And about balance, how about we balance for cops and securities too?
Like if there are 10 terrorists on attacking team. We will need 10 players on protecting team. Among those 10 protectors, 60% or maybe 70% must be security i.e. 6 or 7 securities and 40% or 30% will be cops/swat. I guess this is possible right? I dunno how good/bad impact this will have but maybe we could do it? This is not a perfect balance but still :3

Offline iDanz0r

• VIP

... About the specific suggestions:

- I would not allow skins selection to other players. I would show only the colour (the class) to the enemies, but not the names. What we get with this is ending with stupid clan wars (of course, for doing this you have to agree with me on the first 4 points). Mainly people fight against each other because of their names. If we delete the names, this will be solved.

So it will look like this: The classes colors will still be the same. The difference is that each class can see the names of the "classmates", making it easier to interact with them. But the enemies will not be able to see your name, they will only be able to see which class you belong to, your HP and... that's all. So if Pepe hates Jose, but Pepe has no way to find Jose to kill him over and over again in a clan war, then maybe Pepe will start playing the Gamemode.
It's really a good idea. Hiding the nametag could be helpful to partially eliminate this. A lot of communities have commands like /mask as a VIP feature that hides their Nametag.

- I would create a system that will make terrorists lose health if they are not proactively following the president, the same applies to cops. For example, if the president is in the center of SF, but the terrorists take longer than 1 minute to arrive there, they will be losing health quite rapidly, making the clan wars very unatractive. (just like presi loses health on the water, the system can be applied to all players).
There are situations when the rival team blocks the area or forces you into a situation where you cannot move forward or avoid them until you kill them. Putting the time limit would just make it worse.
I, myself have already suggested something this similar to Jonne over PM. His response is quick, he will look into it.
If you want to get to know someone, find out what makes them Angry.

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 136674

Offline cobby

• VIP
  • Score: 102450
  • THE PRO OF PRO'S- Still Mastering Ulta Instinct!
Didnt read it lol.
Power Rising! Magnetizing! Come on can you hear me now! Not even the gods can win nowww!

Offline AhMeD

• VIP
Bullshits.

If you applied this shit, most of regular players will get annoyed as they all gain their whole fun from the clan wars.

You might get some newbies feeling better if you disallowed clan wars as they will not get killed at armour because of the regulars fighting there, but you will almost get most of the regulars and vips hating the server as they gain their fun from the clan wars that you don't like.

Proofs: Most of them always leaving the game mode and fighting as cops vs terrorists. This is what they choose, this is what they like, so just keep it like how it is now.

Also remember when Tenshi disallowed fighting at armour at the old ptp, how many regulars didn't like it and how many players got banned because of fighting at armour, I was one of them.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
Didnt read it lol.
What the fuck is the point of comments such as this? Does it really reflect well on you to advertise that you lack the attention span to read a post that's shorter than a newspaper article at ~800 words?

Bullshits.

If you applied this shit, most of regular players will get annoyed as they all gain their whole fun from the clan wars.

You might get some newbies feeling better if you disallowed clan wars as they will not get killed at armour because of the regulars fighting there, but you will almost get most of the regulars and vips hating the server as they gain their fun from the clan wars that you don't like.

Proofs: Most of them always leaving the game mode and fighting as cops vs terrorists. This is what they choose, this is what they like, so just keep it like how it is now.

Also remember when Tenshi disallowed fighting at armour at the old ptp, how many regulars didn't like it and how many players got banned because of fighting at armour, I was one of them.
Sure, maybe regulars who totally refuse to play the gamemode would leave. Who, out of the people who actually play, gives a shit? It won't matter to the gamemode. As it is, there might be 16 people in the server and maybe five are actually playing the GM while the rest are dueling or armor fighting. In terms of the gamemode, it doesn't matter if the remaining 11 leave. The same five people will still be playing.

However, you're being ridiculous. We have some of the most competent players in SA:MP playing here. Find a server where people are as good at all the different aspects of the game as the players in this one. I don't think many people will leave because they have to recast their dueling and clan shit to fit the GM. Even so, those people who might leave because they can't ignore the spirit of the server anymore are not losses.

Offline Magic

• VIP
  • Score: 42169

Watch these reviews my friend ---> http://monitor.sacnr.com/server-1784707.html

Posted by Exp at 17:41:30, 27/11/2018:

Nice gamemode the community sucks. Angry 24 7 don t try to kill the people with TAG they will be mad at you and chasing you till you quit the game

Posted by Soulslayer at 19:37:44, 26/03/2019:
Community is very Angry for new player

Posted by Claus at 13:51:56, 04/03/2019:
Fucking VIPS RUIN GAME

Posted by P4Vlow at 13:46:49, 11/10/2018:
Server not Fun Police and Terrorist is Team kill Civilan

Posted by Hakim at 13:59:15, 08/12/2017:
Its good Server but Not for nee Player their Aren t welcome because VIPs will Team Up and kill even Go their in Different Teams Like Cops and terrors its very unbalanced
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 10:40:34 am by Magic »

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
Let's see what I agree on and what I don't.
First of all,
+1
for the suggestion overall.
Secondly,not true that no one follows the game mode.I do,whenever I can.I am not interested in gang vs gang fights,or duels.Even if I fight someone,it's because of the game mode,actually.That way,I can slow them down,maybe even increase their distance towards president if I kill them and therefore make them respawn.Also,I sometimes stay behind as a sacrificial goat so the president can escape.
Next,I agree with the names.The same idea slipped through my head: only allies should be able to see your names.There's still the possibility of recognition through favorite skins,but that's a risk we should take.
Also,I still stand with my suggestion to make additional allied and hostile civilian classes,so everyone would know who works for who,and so that the civilians cannot gang up on certain group and disbalance the map.
As for the health loss,I have to disagree.Sometimes,I too need to go recharge or I simply can't reach the president fast enough.But,we could put up a zone that would be wide over map and the defenders/terrorists would have to be in it,while the allied/hostile civilians wouldn't be obliged to.They could be the ones who would be doing the fighting far from president,something like a civil war ;D
Furthermore,if we make new classes,we would have to redistribute weapons to all classes and put up the percentage of players that can join a certain class.We also need another terrorist class to match the number of defender classes.
Also,you all should check out Crash's recent suggestion and determine whether you want to temporarily,as VIPs,lose benefits,for the sake of some other ones that would be chosen.
Also,most of this stuff would require a maintenance or few,so I hope you're all prepared to stop playing for a short while.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 03:03:49 pm by Srex_Zangetsu »
Let's roll

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
I fight alone vs 4 terrors in sec class i barely get any help.
And im only joining cuz i want to have fun.
Firstly change the realism then add something like that
+ they can easily just change skins and tell them: kill only these people with this skin
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Yo
Yeah,we also need forced reclassing when the disbalance occurs.Or else,people can keep quitting on one side and the other side stays as it is,we need better balancing enforcement.I think that civilians shouldn't stay as they are.They're too unoredictable and can assault only one side,thus causing a huge disbalance.So,even if they can be interesting as they are now,maybe they'll need to be reformed.How about having additional map for people where they can fully visit the GTA SA map and have a house there,when they turn civilians,so they can work?I know we're not very numerous,but that's a realistical thing to do,including how interesting it can be.Working,buying a house,having relationships,parties...anything the GTA world can offer.Protecting the president is a type of roleplay,not just first person shooting lol.
Maybe my suggestion sounds childish,but I'd surely like the idea of having civilians actually do something except statswhoring and getting wrecked.VIPs could have a privilege of getting a house immediately plus getting to choose one un-modded expensive car per choice.Then,we can introduce the salary system.Scores(both proximity/chasing and kills/assists) would earn money.The more and the better you play,the more money you get.Plus we can count the hourly activity.
I think that all can be done for our server.Please,support me,and don't just randomly discard the idea.I know what the server is about,but the idea can be expanded.
Your opinions?Hope I'm not taking your time and space from the actual topic.
Let's roll

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
Yeah,we also need forced reclassing when the disbalance occurs.Or else,people can keep quitting on one side and the other side stays as it is,we need better balancing enforcement.I think that civilians shouldn't stay as they are.They're too unoredictable and can assault only one side,thus causing a huge disbalance.So,even if they can be interesting as they are now,maybe they'll need to be reformed.How about having additional map for people where they can fully visit the GTA SA map and have a house there,when they turn civilians,so they can work?I know we're not very numerous,but that's a realistical thing to do,including how interesting it can be.Working,buying a house,having relationships,parties...anything the GTA world can offer.Protecting the president is a type of roleplay,not just first person shooting lol.
Maybe my suggestion sounds childish,but I'd surely like the idea of having civilians actually do something except statswhoring and getting wrecked.VIPs could have a privilege of getting a house immediately plus getting to choose one un-modded expensive car per choice.Then,we can introduce the salary system.Scores(both proximity/chasing and kills/assists) would earn money.The more and the better you play,the more money you get.Plus we can count the hourly activity.
I think that all can be done for our server.Please,support me,and don't just randomly discard the idea.I know what the server is about,but the idea can be expanded.
Your opinions?Hope I'm not taking your time and space from the actual topic.

This isnt roleplay
IT would just put PTP gamemode in the garbage bin.
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Yo
See?That's not a constructive argument.
Not roleplay?Roleplay is anything you take a role in and act as you should."Protect the president" is also a roleplay,except that the roles are quite limited in the game mode.I think people would be interested in doing something else other that shooting and running.
If you have no other arguments,please let someone else say something,if that makes some sense and actually explains why they would (not) support my idea.
I don't say admins are completely lazy,they do their part on the forum and stuff,but they need developers.Those people would develop the server further,while the mods would take care of requests and rule breaks.
Let's roll