Author Topic: Remove /holiday eng  (Read 20124 times)

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: Remove /holiday eng
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2018, 03:11:12 pm »
Rifle is very useful for non vip players.
I'm not proposing removing it- why can't it be a pickup?  What about having pickups near the spawns, for easy accessibility?
Why can't it be a command?
Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

Offline BugsBunny

• VIP
  • xd
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2018, 04:26:22 pm »
Why you want to remove every feature of the game?

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2018, 10:40:27 am »
I'm not proposing removing it- why can't it be a pickup?  What about having pickups near the spawns, for easy accessibility?
At least at a basic level, it doesn't make much sense to have a command that a minority of the server knows about that gives you useful weapons for free. Pickups make more sense in the context of the gamemode and are easier for new players to figure out. I am more OK with the rifle being a command though, since it isn't really a big thing to be giving out. What about both /rifle and pickup, but a health penalty if you use the command (like /para)?

Why you want to remove every feature of the game?
Why do you want to ask misleading questions? I think it's pretty obvious that I don't want to "remove every feature of the game"- what was the point of writing that? How about a different question, which never got asked, because it appeared out of nowhere- why was /holiday eng added?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 10:51:33 am by YoMama »

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2018, 11:00:35 am »
in return of their donation
Do not even want to hear if you know what "donation" means.

In another way which you want to hear the most, we, the VIPs are fucking losers and we had to pay for a stupid game to be overpowered so the ability of having weapons whenever we want should remain ours :D
What we really want to hear is: why administration not doing a shit with this "problem" since many of them, from bottom to top, admitting it as, at least, "questionable" thing.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2018, 11:33:38 am »
At least at a basic level, it doesn't make much sense to have a command that a minority of the server knows about that gives you useful weapons for free. Pickups make more sense in the context of the gamemode and are easier for new players to figure out. I am more OK with the rifle being a command though, since it isn't really a big thing to be giving out. What about both /rifle and pickup, but a health penalty if you use the command (like /para)?

I don't get the point of making it a pickup and making it close to spawn, it's just waste of time trying to pick it up again and again after every spawn specially for a class like security.

Why should they have penalty on using it as command? If you want to have them penalty I'd like a penalty on /kata or /sniper as well since it *MAGICALLY* spawns as per your logic.
Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

Offline Freckles

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2018, 12:38:20 pm »

the /holiday eng command is not something that only a minority know about.I think there is a blue text message that comes in in-game chat every few minutes that mentions the command and if anyone who doesn't know about the command asks "how to get rifle/nades" then the others players always help them by telling them about the command.Pickups are definitely not easier to figure out otherwise a majority of players would know about the several grenade spawns in every map.As for applying a penalty on the use of the command,it wouldn't be fair or balanced unless similar penalties are implemented on the /sniper as well.

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2018, 03:31:23 pm »

+1
But no health penalty that'd be stupid,why would one sacrifice health which is a crucial thing in long range battles. Keep the 3 minute timer /holiday eng and pickups at spawn.

Imo collecting pickups at spawn is easier and more convenient than typing at the heat of the situation.

Besides spawning things give the advantage of weapon scrolling prior to having the weapon against the one who already has it.

Adjusting /holiday eng timer and what not would be too much of a mess as compared to simply adding pickups at spawn and other common places.

and one thing.

Just rename /Holiday eng to something cool sounding in PlanB Secret Agent Shiz Terms.
Like /toolkit or /wpack

Although,I am not advertising nor promoting them purposefully. The MTA PTP server from FFS gaming has a far more unbalanced system based on Class lvl you gain through XP and Points.

Civilian Class 2's have fucking rocket launchers as compared to Lvl 1's Shotgun and Deagle but the complains against the weapons is far less than our gamemode because they have provided pickups at spawn,involving different weapons that one could take.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:39:16 pm by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2018, 12:29:56 am »
I don't get the point of making it a pickup and making it close to spawn, it's just waste of time trying to pick it up again and again after every spawn specially for a class like security.
That is the point- that you have to evaluate whether or not it's worth it to get a rifle, grenade, etc. instead of just using a command when you know it is. It's like having to decide whether it's worth it to get a particular vehicle. If someone's wasting their time getting the pickup over and over when they don't need it, then they have bad strategy.

A lot of people seem to think you need to go to the armor pickup as a terrorist to have a chance at killing the President. They end up cruising around with most of their armor and all of their health, then when they finally die, they're often so outnumbered that the armor wouldn't have really helped them anyway. I don't bother with armor unless I think I'll need it. I make the strategic decision to save myself time and effort and just go directly to the President. I think it makes more sense to have to make these decisions and it is fairer and more interesting this way. It used to be that you had to make a strategic decision to get grenades and the spray can, now if you're one of the regulars who knows about the command, you can magically get them when you need it without any strategy. I don't think this makes sense. No one here is explaining how it could make sense.

Why should they have penalty on using it as command? If you want to have them penalty I'd like a penalty on /kata or /sniper as well since it *MAGICALLY* spawns as per your logic.
Fine by me. I'd make them VIP-only pickups. I'd rather that be a separate topic though, so VIPs don't dominate this one complaining that they actually have to do something to get their pretty toys.

Pickups are definitely not easier to figure out otherwise a majority of players would know about the several grenade spawns in every map.
No, if people don't know about the grenade spawns, it's because they just do /holiday eng when they want grenades and/or they lack the curiosity to investigate the ? marks they've inevitably seen. Grenades came from pickups for years before /holiday eng fucked that up. Pickups can easily be notated on the map.

+1
But no health penalty that'd be stupid,why would one sacrifice health which is a crucial thing in long range battles. Keep the 3 minute timer /holiday eng and pickups at spawn.
They'd sacrifice health because they want the weapon instantaneously. I'm not sure if you're saying that you want the whole of /holiday eng + pickups at the spawn, but that would be a leap in the wrong direction. I am OK with the rifle being nearer to the spawns, because it's not that much of an advantage. However, if you want grenades or a spray can, I think they should be a trip that you have to decide to make. In exchange for doing it, you get more grenades (eight vs three) and more spray can than /holiday eng, which would hopefully not exist, would give you.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:48:21 am by YoMama »

Offline Freckles

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2018, 06:00:23 am »
Pickups are definitely not easier to figure out otherwise a majority of players would know about the several grenade spawns in every map.
No, if people don't know about the grenade spawns, it's because they just do /holiday eng when they want grenades and/or they lack the curiosity to investigate the ? marks they've inevitably seen. Grenades came from pickups for years before /holiday eng fucked that up. Pickups can easily be notated on the map.
Hmm interesting and is this your own observation or have actually been told this by non regular players who this actually concerns with?Because most of the time when someone tells them about the command i have seen them use it once and then they don't again because of the 3 minute cooldown which by your logic should itself encourage them to go look for more grenades outside of the use of this command.

Offline Luka

• VIP
  • Score: 20091
  • LuKa[PPLV]
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2018, 06:33:08 am »

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2018, 10:22:11 am »
Hmm interesting and is this your own observation or have actually been told this by non regular players who this actually concerns with?Because most of the time when someone tells them about the command i have seen them use it once and then they don't again because of the 3 minute cooldown which by your logic should itself encourage them to go look for more grenades outside of the use of this command.
Okay, you're right. I don't know exactly what non-regular players do. However, you don't either, and you made an unfounded claim that apparently the majority of players can't figure out pickups so they don't know where the pickups are. My point is basically that with /holiday eng, you don't really need to know where the pickups are.

Personally, I don't really go to the pickups anymore. I just use /holiday eng when I need grenades, and I don't worry about the cooldown because I don't need them that often, or very many when I do. I think most people now play the same way because it's easier- I don't really see people going out of their way to grenade pickups anymore, and I used to see people at the grenade spawns all the time in maps like WV when I flew over. Is this a good thing? I don't think so.

I don't remember any logic of mine that was compatible with the idea that that the cooldown would drive people to the grenade pickups. When I started realizing that /holiday eng was particularly dumb was when I realized that the cooldown is basically a non-penalty if you only use /holiday eng when you need it. That was one of the main reasons I wrote this topic- that when used only when actually necessary, /holiday eng gives you weapons that are overpowered in the situations you'll want them in with basically no penalty.

The cooldown is only a penalty if you need to use the command more frequently than the cooldown lets you use it. If you run into situations where you'll need the weapons less than once every three minutes (which is the case for me and probably many others), the cooldown doesn't affect you much and you have grenades/spray can whenever you want them.

Mind blown; totally didn't think of that possibility. Thank you for your lucid explanation of why /holiday eng makes sense in this gamemode.
I don't know why you're suggesting things like these lately without any reason to support it.  ???
this lol

Offline Barbarianking

• VIP
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2018, 08:10:23 pm »

Offline Freckles

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2018, 07:00:55 am »
Okay, you're right. I don't know exactly what non-regular players do. However, you don't either, and you made an unfounded claim that apparently the majority of players can't figure out pickups so they don't know where the pickups are. My point is basically that with /holiday eng, you don't really need to know where the pickups are.

Personally, I don't really go to the pickups anymore. I just use /holiday eng when I need grenades, and I don't worry about the cooldown because I don't need them that often, or very many when I do. I think most people now play the same way because it's easier- I don't really see people going out of their way to grenade pickups anymore, and I used to see people at the grenade spawns all the time in maps like WV when I flew over. Is this a good thing? I don't think so.

I don't remember any logic of mine that was compatible with the idea that that the cooldown would drive people to the grenade pickups. When I started realizing that /holiday eng was particularly dumb was when I realized that the cooldown is basically a non-penalty if you only use /holiday eng when you need it. That was one of the main reasons I wrote this topic- that when used only when actually necessary, /holiday eng gives you weapons that are overpowered in the situations you'll want them in with basically no penalty.

The cooldown is only a penalty if you need to use the command more frequently than the cooldown lets you use it. If you run into situations where you'll need the weapons less than once every three minutes (which is the case for me and probably many others), the cooldown doesn't affect you much and you have grenades/spray can whenever you want them.

Actually I do know better than you what non regular non vip players do because I am one.You wouldn't use a county rifle if you had access to a sniper rifle like you just said and you use it mostly for the grenades.As for my alleged "unfounded claim",my original statement was in response to your claim that
Pickups make more sense in the context of the gamemode and are easier for new players to figure out.
I said it is in no way easier and my claim stands.Ask a non reg/new player which is easier, the command or the pickup and you will know why I make this claim that you allege to be "unfounded".

What you fail to mention is that there is still a incentive for people to go to the pickups because you get 8 grenades there compared to 3 in the command.You can't force people to do something just because you want them to go out of their way.

I refer to your statement
No, if people don't know about the grenade spawns, it's because they just do /holiday eng when they want grenades and/or they lack the curiosity to investigate the ? marks they've inevitably seen.

.You clearly state that the reason people don't go to pickups is because they have /holiday eng.The cooldown acting as a deterrent against frequent use should automatically divert people to the pickups if one frequently uses grenades but in reality this doesn't hold true as I stated in one of my previous replies and as stated by you in this one that people use the command once and then don't typically use it for the rest of the round.

If you think the cooldown is not enough of a penalty for you and anyone who knows precisely when they need the command and apparently never are affected by the cooldown,I suggest imposing self limits like only using the command every 6 minutes.That would solve the issue for you by making it difficult enough to encourage you to go to pickups and revert to your old ways and the 3 minute cooldown will be more than enough deterrent for everyone else until the rest of players including I reach a state where I can precisely tell when I need to use the command.At that point I may be inclined to change my views on this issue.

Offline Menace

• VIP
  • Score: 121326
  • Menace 2 Society
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2018, 07:36:04 pm »

Offline MnMs

• VIP
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2018, 06:59:28 pm »
Lol im not understanding all the hate against this cmnd