Poll

Should some helicopters like sparrows need to be added to counter-balance RC map like FC map?

Yes
3 (50%)
No
2 (33.3%)
Maybe
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: [Added]Add more heli in Red county  (Read 9101 times)

Offline LeatherFace.

• Score: Unknown
  • Mapper
Re: Add more heli in Red county
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 03:36:54 am »
+1 to this. No need to "change spawn" of the heli's, just add some more, won't do any bad :p

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 08:26:44 am »
If more helicopters are added, then more cars should be added as well. At the moment, RC often devolves into the President running for a new car that is very far away, so helicopters would make killing the President easier (it's not a problem at the moment because the only Maverick is in the cop spawn).

Why not add more aircraft in general? I suggested scattering Cropdusters around RC and FC a while back, but other things like the Stuntplane and Dodo would be nice too.

I think the lack of air vehicles helps the map in a way, making places harder to reach (for example the UFO).
I can also see this perspective. I think it should either be more aircraft in general, or kept the same to preserve RC's weirdness.

Cops have the airport armor in their rearguard, so they are unlikely to be intercepted while driving up for armor, at least at the very beginning of each round.
Terrorists and civilians' only alternatives to main armor are the airport armor and the UFO. The airport armor requires to drive all along the map from East to West unarmored, which involves the risk of finding armored cops on the way (and this is likely to happen, since the map is quite narrow from South to North...). The UFO requires a boat. Boats resistance to bullets is ridiculous, their explosion is huge and once it happens you end up in water and hopeless. Trying to get to the UFO from terro spawn makes you an easy prey for any nearby cops.
I think adding some air vehicles in some place which is hard to reach for cops but easy for terrorists and civilians would be a good idea to solve the problem and provide these teams a safer way to Western RC.
+1
Since when has the game been about getting armor? Instead of using a helicopter to get armor and/or get to the pointless DMing faster, how about skipping the armor and easily killing the President while the Police are "defending" an armor spawn that has little relevance to the actual game mode? You're making PTP sound like a mindless Red vs Blue server. Believe it or not, you don't have to go to the armor spawn- it's certainly not my priority most of the time.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:42:06 am by YoMama »

Offline Bully

• VIP
  • Score: 38264
  • Angry and hungry
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 09:00:38 am »
If more helicopters are added, then more cars should be added as well. At the moment, RC often devolves into the President running for a new car that is very far away, so helicopters would make killing the President easier (it's not a problem at the moment because the only Maverick is in the cop spawn).

Why not add more aircraft in general? I suggested scattering Cropdusters around RC and FC a while back, but other things like the Stuntplane and Dodo would be nice too.

I think the lack of air vehicles helps the map in a way, making places harder to reach (for example the UFO).
I can also see this perspective. I think it should either be more aircraft in general, or kept the same to preserve RC's weirdness.

Cops have the airport armor in their rearguard, so they are unlikely to be intercepted while driving up for armor, at least at the very beginning of each round.
Terrorists and civilians' only alternatives to main armor are the airport armor and the UFO. The airport armor requires to drive all along the map from East to West unarmored, which involves the risk of finding armored cops on the way (and this is likely to happen, since the map is quite narrow from South to North...). The UFO requires a boat. Boats resistance to bullets is ridiculous, their explosion is huge and once it happens you end up in water and hopeless. Trying to get to the UFO from terro spawn makes you an easy prey for any nearby cops.
I think adding some air vehicles in some place which is hard to reach for cops but easy for terrorists and civilians would be a good idea to solve the problem and provide these teams a safer way to Western RC.
+1
Since when has the game been about getting armor? Instead of using a helicopter to get armor and/or get to the pointless DMing faster, how about skipping the armor and easily killing the President while the Police are "defending" an armor spawn that has little relevance to the actual game mode? You're making PTP sound like a mindless Red vs Blue server. Believe it or not, you don't have to go to the armor spawn- it's certainly not my priority most of the time.
he always gets triggered whenever there's a matter of flying objects . Anyways agree with him ^ , +1

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 03:16:13 pm »
But my point is there's only one helicopter in whole map of red county...which is always in possession of Cops so alteast we should have 4-5 helis in total so we can counter-balance the use of helos when needed

Offline Piu

• "Don't make the same mistakes I did."
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 03:26:51 pm »
:)

When I'm the Conqueror

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 04:58:49 pm »

Regardless of whether you consider armor relevant and gamemode-related or not, it is, at least, a bonus. One of the teams has much easier and safer access to this bonus than the rest.

As the suggestion board is meant to improve our experience in Plan B, I think it's logical to supply every team with similar advantages or 'bonuses'. As far as I remember, the armor in the WV electrical substation was added under this argument.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2017, 07:05:24 pm »
Regardless of whether you consider armor relevant and gamemode-related or not, it is, at least, a bonus. One of the teams has much easier and safer access to this bonus than the rest.

As the suggestion board is meant to improve our experience in Plan B, I think it's logical to supply every team with similar advantages or 'bonuses'. As far as I remember, the armor in the WV electrical substation was added under this argument.
I am afraid but she has a point Yomama.....so plz she said true that we are here to suggest things that will make game more challenging and intresting with more experience...U gave ur view point so let others say that they would like to see addition of helos in RC or not.

Offline IDAN

• VIP
  • PPLV <3
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 09:40:15 am »
+1

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 06:29:34 am »
I like the idea of there being one helicopter and that being used as a tactic by anybody if they can get access to it

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline shotpoter

• Turk,Praud,Work,Trust. Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2017, 10:46:50 am »
+20

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2017, 01:29:12 am »
+1. They are widely used above the vast wilderness of FC, it would be nice to have the same option in RC.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Panal_Abeja

• VIP
  • Score: 8091
  • I'm not scared of you anymore! I'm a big boy now!
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2017, 01:56:39 am »
+1

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2017, 07:54:10 pm »
looks like poll will solve what i want to say.....so i will add one now

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2017, 03:43:32 pm »
We'll add some helis at the airport in RC, that way there's some variety in the air vehicles, and that way it also won't impact the map itself too heavily. We'll also add some other airplanes around the map as well.

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Pure Striker
Re: [To be added]Add more heli in Red county
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2018, 12:22:54 pm »
Alright.