Author Topic: [Added]Anticheat and President suggestions  (Read 7701 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
[Added]Anticheat and President suggestions
« on: September 03, 2016, 10:31:48 am »
I've been told that my posts are too long, so I'm making this one a bullet list:

• The anticheat isn't picking up weapon hacking or even jetpack spawning.
  • The anticheat also doesn't do a very good job of picking up teleporting- it seems like it would be possible to detect by taking a sample of a player's position every few seconds or something, then calculating the distance traveled in XYZ using the Pythagorean distance formula and comparing it to the maximum distance that the player could have been able to travel without cheating during the sample time:
    if √((X2X1)2 + (Y2Y1)2 + (Z2Z1)2) > maximum distance possible
        then banana!

Obviously this could generate false positives and/or suck up server resources. I was thinking that if either of those are a concern, the teleport/speed hack test could only be activated for a minute or two by reporting the player. That way, the other players can't necessarily ban the hacker, but they can direct the anticheat to pay closer attention to a particular player without sucking up resources.
  • Maybe the report idea could be extended- if a player is reported with a reason containing "weapon" then they're checked for weapons hacks, or if they are reported for "ram hacks" then the anticheat watches to see if their car is going all over the place in a small area that wouldn't be caught by the normal speed hacks check. There could be a command to show the key words that will force the anticheat to check for something.
  • If the President is killed by a hacker and he is banned before the President can become President again, then the President/Vice President spots should be unlocked for the player.
  • I think it would also be nice to add a system where the President/Vice President spots could be opened up for a player if enough people vote on it. In the old server, if no one became president after a minute or so and I wanted to be President again, I would check if it was OK with the other players and evade the timer by reconnecting. It would be nice to be able to do that without being in a legal grey area in the new server.
  • The President spot doesn't actually tell you that it's unavailable when the timer is stopping you from selecting it. It would be nice to have a countdown telling you how long you have to wait (and/or perhaps a command to tell you).

Also, other little details that I'd like to mention that are too small to go in another post:
  • I was really hoping that the "Don't repeat yourself" thing wouldn't come back in the new server, but it did. It's really annoying and almost entirely useless. It's easy to evade by adding a space to the beginning of whatever you're typing- I know this because I go through periods where I don't chat much and I'll write something like a "haha" or ":-)" for the second time in a few minutes and it won't let me send it. I'd like to see it removed or made much smarter.
  • I guess the people who are at the class selection screen aren't allowed to talk because they could spam the chat with variations of "kil teh presi i wana be vp!!!!!!1", but it would be nice if players in the class selection screen were muted after a minute or so instead. It often gets in the way when maps are changing and you want to congratulate someone before it goes out of context.

• Specifically, the walls blocking off SF in NSA and WV (like the one at the Golden Gate bridge). I hit them when I'm flying well above them and they're completely invisible.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 05:52:34 pm by Uthar_Smith »

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: Anticheat and President suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 10:53:16 am »
I'm pretty sure the anticheat does detect it, but just doesn't ban because there are some bugs with it.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 10:59:35 am »
I'm pretty sure the anticheat does detect it, but just doesn't ban because there are some bugs with it.
Yeah, bad choice of words on my part.

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 11:01:15 am »
Rather than applying the formula,there is a function which can calculate the distance of player from a point.
Maybe set a timer for 5 secs,create a point at 0 secs and a point at the 5th second. Compare it to the maximum distance one can travel without hacks. If its greater by a high amount,he's hacking,if not he's fine.
Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 11:18:10 am »
I just realized that I posted this in the bugs section- stupid mistake on my part. I meant it to be in the suggestions section.

Moved to suggestions :D - Quido
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 03:06:40 pm by Quido »

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 02:07:21 pm »
Damn, you just perfectly summarized everything that needs to be re-worked/fixed, good job :)

And as for the smaller things, yeah, that "Don't repeat yourself!" is stupid, definitely needs to be removed because it's not really that useful.
Concerning not being able to chat while not spawned, I always thought it was maybe to prevent everyone from seeing your password if you mistyped it during login. But I guess that's not what it does, so yeah, it would be good if we were able to chat in between map changes or after we die.

Offline Alcor

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 09:08:33 pm »
I would like to chat between map changes too, I support that.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 09:14:47 pm »
Thanks Quido!

Concerning not being able to chat while not spawned, I always thought it was maybe to prevent everyone from seeing your password if you mistyped it during login.
I forgot about that reason, but I do remember my solution when I suggested this in the old server. Just check, if the player is registered, whether or not they are logged in before allowing them to chat.

Offline Aksel

• VIP
  • Greatest of all times
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 01:29:38 am »
there are alot of ready AC scriptes on samp forum!

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 10:47:05 am »
Damn, you just perfectly summarized everything that needs to be re-worked/fixed, good job :)

And as for the smaller things, yeah, that "Don't repeat yourself!" is stupid, definitely needs to be removed because it's not really that useful.
Concerning not being able to chat while not spawned, I always thought it was maybe to prevent everyone from seeing your password if you mistyped it during login. But I guess that's not what it does, so yeah, it would be good if we were able to chat in between map changes or after we die.

Spoctre, I thought the same, but Jonne can do something regarding that.
A player cannot chat untill he is logged in.
When he logs in he will be able to chat and please remove the Don't repeat yourself sentence, it is really annoying.

Thanks YoMama for the chapter you explained.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 01:06:46 pm »
The anticheat is picking everything up already, including weapon hacks, jetpacks and teleporting. I didn't have a lot of time to update it the past weeks, but I'll work on it more now. Weapon hacks like minigun, HS and RPG are already getting autobanned, the rest still needs some finetuning. Teleporting will be a bit harder to detect, because it's getting a lot of false positives of people not sending updates fast enough due to lag or desync. So, I'm working on improving the AC, but I can't tell when it will be ready to start autobanning.

• If the President is killed by a hacker and he is banned before the President can become President again, then the President/Vice President spots should be unlocked for the player.
You can request an admin to reset your timer in that case.

• I think it would also be nice to add a system where the President/Vice President spots could be opened up for a player if enough people vote on it. In the old server, if no one became president after a minute or so and I wanted to be President again, I would check if it was OK with the other players and evade the timer by reconnecting. It would be nice to be able to do that without being in a legal grey area in the new server.
You can do that with the new /rc p I've added, that opens up when there's no pres 1 minute after the map change. /rc p doesn't check if you've been pres already, so you can use that to 'evade' the timer.

• The President spot doesn't actually tell you that it's unavailable when the timer is stopping you from selecting it. It would be nice to have a countdown telling you how long you have to wait (and/or perhaps a command to tell you).
It should tell you when you click spawn (if I check for it every time you view the class it would use a lot of resources). I'll look into setting a countdown.

• I was really hoping that the "Don't repeat yourself" thing wouldn't come back in the new server, but it did. It's really annoying and almost entirely useless. It's easy to evade by adding a space to the beginning of whatever you're typing- I know this because I go through periods where I don't chat much and I'll write something like a "haha" or ":-)" for the second time in a few minutes and it won't let me send it. I'd like to see it removed or made much smarter.
Removed.

• I guess the people who are at the class selection screen aren't allowed to talk because they could spam the chat with variations of "kil teh presi i wana be vp!!!!!!1", but it would be nice if players in the class selection screen were muted after a minute or so instead. It often gets in the way when maps are changing and you want to congratulate someone before it goes out of context.
It was added but then removed a short while later. It just looked very 'off' when you have people in with grey names chatting and it didn't really serve any purpose. Maybe a command would be a better idea?

• Specifically, the walls blocking off SF in NSA and WV (like the one at the Golden Gate bridge). I hit them when I'm flying well above them and they're completely invisible.
Well, if anyone wants to make a better one, I'll replace it.

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 08:55:51 pm »

Well, if anyone wants to make a better one, I'll replace it.
Are you talking about this one? Quido and me discovered it a few weeks ago:

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 11:59:40 am »
Weapon hacks like minigun, HS and RPG are already getting autobanned...
Is this a recent fix? As of 3-4 days ago it wasn't banning for any of those or jetpacks that I could see (and I certainly saw those a lot :) ).

Teleporting will be a bit harder to detect, because it's getting a lot of false positives of people not sending updates fast enough due to lag or desync. So, I'm working on improving the AC, but I can't tell when it will be ready to start autobanning.
At least from my understanding, if they're respawning, you pretty much know that they're synced, so why not just check within the first 15/30 seconds or so after they spawn (and maybe only do it for a certain time after they were reported)?

Also, I thought of a few other things since I wrote the original that may or may not be reasonable (and might be resource-intensive enough to only check on reports): for armor hacking, checking to see if they are within a certain radius of an armor pickup when armor increases (health would be a pain in the ass because you'd have to account for vending machines); to catch stupid health hackers, set health to 90 or some non-full number after spawn protection ends, check to see if it goes to 100, then ban or immediately set it back to 100 if they weren't hacking it back up; for airbraking/teleporting/flying cars, checking height against MapAndreas (if the resource cost isn't too great).

You can request an admin to reset your timer in that case.
Yes, but that depends on an admin being in the server or on IRC, which, at the times that I play, isn't so often that this would happen (however, there is a large turnover of hackers fucking up gameplay, then getting banned by the AC).

/rc p doesn't check if you've been pres already, so you can use that to 'evade' the timer.
I think I should have been more clear- I was suggesting a way to vote to reset the timer so it is possible to take the Vice President spot again as well as the President spot. I often get really excited and /rc t when certain people are President, then they die prematurely. I'm probably not the only one who loves the challenge of certain Presidents and gets annoyed when they have to wait another 15 minutes before going again, during which time there is often a succession of morons who end up dying so quickly that the map changes to a map where the challenge President is uninterested in trying again.

... the "Don't repeat yourself" thing ...
Removed.
<3

It was added but then removed a short while later. It just looked very 'off' when you have people in with grey names chatting and it didn't really serve any purpose. Maybe a command would be a better idea?
Part of my problem with it, which I forgot to mention when writing my original post, is that it gives you the "must be spawned to chat" message when you try to chat between deaths. By command, do you mean a special command to chat from the class selection screen? If so, you could maybe use !, since they don't have a team.

Are you talking about this one?
Yep!

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 05:09:47 pm »

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2016, 11:45:16 pm »
Are you talking about this one?
Yep!
I'll get to it when I get home

Bridge objects were replaced, thanks to Uthar for making new ones :)