Poll

Do you agree with the round-sounds idea?

Yes
14 (48.3%)
No
15 (51.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Few suggestions  (Read 7049 times)

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
Few suggestions
« on: October 17, 2016, 08:04:35 pm »
I think it's a very bad idea that any newbie or a first time player logins in PTP and spawns as President or a Security guard.

So my suggestion goes like this;

Number one: President and Security class is only for registered players, and President slot is free to everybody. at least registered players have a clue or a bit of brains to know what to do instead of shooting each other in the spawn or car jacking the President..

Number two: Every time a new President spawns, re-spawn all the vehicles in his spawn as well, a few auto-msg's for the Security class would be good too (only Security can see it) something like "Defend the President from Terrorists and Civilian attacks". 

Number three: Vice President should also have a gun to defend his President as well, maybe a deagle and shotgun *whatever* just give the Vice President something to do instead of hiding the whole time, and be useful for the team/class.

I was also thinking that adding some round-sounds would be cool and unique.

And my idea goes like this;

Number one: On every new President spawning, a sound with a "Protect the President, team!" or "Eliminate all the Terrorists, team!) sound would be amazing, and it should be only for the protecting classes to hear (Securities, cops and swats)

Number two: For the first Terrorists spawning after a new map is loaded, they should get a sound saying "Kill the President and his guards!" with a big announcement or something.

Number three: Last 10 seconds for the President survival all the server get the countdown sounds "Ten, nine, eight....one. The President has survived!".

The point of the round-sounds is to make the Gamemode more enjoyable and maybe it will add more fun into doing the duty, also make this server a lot different and unique in it's own way than the other/old dead one. And about the sounds making, maybe someone can help us with that if this suggestion gets approved to be added, we'll figure out.

*People not allowed to reply: YoMama* Just kidding :D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:37:38 pm by Finisher »

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
Re: Few suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 08:13:34 pm »
I don't think we should be that restrictive towards unregistered players. Yes, most of them are either trolls, simply bad at being President/Security, but there are some good ones too. Some people just don't want to play as a registered user and that's fine, so they would get discouraged if some features of the game mode were locked out of their reach.

Number two: Every time a new President spawns, re-spawn all the vehicles in his spawn as well, a few auto-msg's for the Security class would be good too (only Security can see it) something like "Defend the President from Terrorists and Civilian attacks".

I agree with this, Mia suggested the same thing about the vehicles and this needs to be done asap.

Number three: Vice President should also have a gun to defend his President as well, maybe a deagle and shotgun *whatever* just give the Vice President something to do instead of hiding the whole time, and be useful for the team/class.

Nah, the Vice is fine as it is. If he stays close to the President at all times trying to protect him, that actually only increases the chances of ending the round by "killing two birds with one stone" (Vice and Presi die at the same time).

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 08:19:20 pm »
I don't think we should be that restrictive towards unregistered players. Yes, most of them are either trolls, simply bad at being President/Security, but there are some good ones too. Some people just don't want to play as a registered user and that's fine, so they would get discouraged if some features of the game mode were locked out of their reach.

How about making the selection of President free for everybody, but Security class is only for registered? this class should be the elite.. the whole GM is depending on them

Nah, the Vice is fine as it is. If he stays close to the President at all times trying to protect him, that actually only increases the chances of ending the round by "killing two birds with one stone" (Vice and Presi die at the same time).

You're right, guess we can forget about this one.

You seem to agree with the round-sounds idea

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 08:24:22 pm »
Yeah, I guess the Security can be exclusive only to registered players. If anything, we can try it that way and revert to current state if it doesn't work out.

Sure, why not, we should give it a go

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 08:27:52 pm »

Sure, why not, we should give it a go
I added a poll to get a better result about it

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 08:30:58 pm »
Suggestion #1 - I can tell where you are coming from, I got the same feel about this one tho;

What I like about it, non-registered players would have somethin to strive for! And noobs/hackers wouldn't cause mess by taking president slot no more.

Now on the other hand, with low player count we would run out of presidents this way!  :D
Only if the server had at least 20+ active players all the time, the outcome of ur suggestion would be neat af!

Suggestion #2 - Definitely, that'd be totally useful.

Suggestion #3 - I'm certain every1 would like some changes! Gamemode is great as it is now, but there's always some space for improving it!

I like the idea of modifying it a lil bit, even if it's something minor! I'll rather go with; add flamethrower with 100 ammo for Vice Presidents only! Or maybe a few molotovs or whatever! That'd be a nice update I think, and Vice President class would be less boring to play.

* Round-Sounds

Hell yeah! That'd also be some nice refreshment to our gameplay  :P

Cool ideas u got there m8, keep being awesome!  :-*
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:33:00 pm by M a k a v e l i . »

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 08:36:31 pm »
Suggestion #1 - I can tell where you are coming from, I got the same feel about this one tho;

What I like about it, non-registered players would have somethin to strive for! And noobs/hackers wouldn't cause mess by taking president slot no more.

Now on the other hand, with low player count we would run out of presidents this way!  :D
Only if the server had at least 20+ active players all the time, the outcome of ur suggestion would be neat af!

Yep, point is clear now, President can be exclusive for everybody, but Security class is only for registered players. (Maybe can be exclusive for everybody once the server's player counts hits below 20) and then turn to only registered after the players count rises

* Round-Sounds
Hell yeah! That'd also be some nice refreshment to our gameplay  :P
Would be appreciated if someone gives a clue or idea on how to make those sounds   :-X
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:39:24 pm by Finisher »

Offline Quido

• Head Admin
  • Score: 27783
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 08:50:48 pm »
Nah, president and security should be open to everyone. When I first started playing, and I know this is true for a lot of players, I just wanted to play as security. It was the most fun option and this is probably what the new players are thinking as well, you can't deprive them of this. More regulars would also choose security if people didn't kick up a fuss when they get killed. :)

Sounds are alright as long as they are not too obnoxious and there is an option to turn them off.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 09:06:46 pm by Quido »

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 09:30:21 pm »
Sounds are alright as long as they are not too obnoxious and there is an option to turn them off.

Good idea, it should be like with hit sounds.

@Makaveli lol I like Vice having Flamethrower xD He could raise some hell for sure

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 09:35:47 pm »

Good idea, it should be like with hit sounds.
Opposite of hitsounds. Unlike hitsounds it should be turned on by default since the target audience of these sounds are newbies. Newbies don't know any commands, especially commands like /hs and the command to toggle this feature

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 10:14:26 pm »
I agree with suggestion 2 and the round sound thing. The rest are useless.

Unlike the hitsound, round-sound should be active the whole to bring the necessary exitment to the players and keep the GM alive.

EDIT : Maybe you can add an option to turn the round-sound off, opposite of hitsound.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 11:19:29 pm »
Opposite of hitsounds. Unlike hitsounds it should be turned on by default since the target audience of these sounds are newbies. Newbies don't know any commands, especially commands like /hs and the command to toggle this feature

What I meant was the round sounds should be able to be toggled on and off. You can leave it on by default, but there should be a cmd to turn it off.

Offline Sani

• VIP
  • BEST SPREE IN PTP 151!!! :D
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 11:31:55 pm »
I think it's a very bad idea that any newbie or a first time player logins in PTP and spawns as President or a Security guard.

So my suggestion goes like this;

Number one: President and Security class is only for registered players, and President slot is free to everybody. at least registered players have a clue or a bit of brains to know what to do instead of shooting each other in the spawn or car jacking the President..

I was also thinking that adding some round-sounds would be cool and unique.

And my idea goes like this;

Number one: On every new President spawning, a sound with a "Protect the President, team!" or "Eliminate all the Terrorists, team!) sound would be amazing, and it should be only for the protecting classes to hear (Securities, cops and swats)

Number two: For the first Terrorists spawning after a new map is loaded, they should get a sound saying "Kill the President and his guards!" with a big announcement or something.

Number three: Last 10 seconds for the President survival all the server get the countdown sounds "Ten, nine, eight....one. The President has survived!".

The point of the round-sounds is to make the Gamemode more enjoyable and maybe it will add more fun into doing the duty, also make this server a lot different and unique in it's own way than the other/old dead one. And about the sounds making, maybe someone can help us with that if this suggestion gets approved to be added, we'll figure out.

I like em all except the 3rd one...vice doesn't really need that :D:D:D

And addin' the hit sound would be greate but there should be a command to turn it off.

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 04:32:56 am »
All of your suggestions are good. Especially that sounds, that would be cool.

I have a better idea for that countdown thingy. How about put a countdown (in seconds) somewhere in the screen which indicates the time left before the president is safe? And remove that "5 minutes remaining" text in the middle of the screen because it is too big and sometimes I can't shoot properly with that big text in the middle.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:34:59 am by Storm »

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 04:51:33 am »
I wouldn't mind this for higher player counts- it would solve many of the problems that other people are mentioning and be more necessary then. I also think that the high player count number should be 20+ (it would probably also be a good idea to change the timer on being president, too). My only worry is that it would cut out the people who don't read English well enough to figure out that they have to register to be president.

How do you plan on dealing with vehicles with people already in them? It seems like adding more vehicles where needed is better. I think the duty messages could get annoying- there should be an option to turn them off for registered players.

Suggestion #3 - I'm certain every1 would like some changes! Gamemode is great as it is now, but there's always some space for improving it!

I like the idea of modifying it a lil bit, even if it's something minor! I'll rather go with; add flamethrower with 100 ammo for Vice Presidents only! Or maybe a few molotovs or whatever! That'd be a nice update I think, and Vice President class would be less boring to play.
The vice president is only as useful as the person playing it. I often defend with a Rustler. I don't see why the vice should have better weapons- the whole point is that he stays safe and out of the way. A flamethrower is a little absurd. I hate fire in SAMP anyway. I could see the vice abusing his invisibility on the radar if he had better weapons.

I think the round sounds could be off-puttingly cheesy to some people. I think they should have an advertisement in the main chat for those who are interested, but they should be off by default. One of the things that I like about PTP is how simple it is- it hasn't been contaminated with many weird objects, sounds, or mandatory role-playing elements that I hate in the other servers I've tried. I have a feeling I'm not the only one.

:'(