Author Topic: [Added]Make VIP features more fair  (Read 14697 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
Re: Make VIP features more fair
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2018, 05:38:28 pm »
These vip features (and lagcomp) have been there since many years and as far as i can remember, there was hardly any one compalinig or suggesting changes to them. I think it's the saturation point, the fact that almost every other player in the server is a vip and non vips can't do shit(less in numbers and yea less weapons) is exactly why we see these complaints now and never before. I'd rather agree with curry to change vip cost (make it monthly maybe) than agreeing on removing those vip features.
I know that I myself have complained about both in the past and people have agreed with me. This isn't new, but even if it were, that doesn't make it wrong. A payment system won't fix the problem, it will just make it less obvious but give VIPs the same overpowered advantages they already had.

I don't know if you play any other games but many games do have such "pay for sucess" vip package and no one cries (those games have balanced teams tho, like equal number of vips in each team).
Those games are trying to turn a profit. They don't care too much if it's unfair, they just want people to buy shit. No one complains because most games don't have a forum like this where you can complain and be heard. I also have a feeling that plenty of people play a few times and then give up, but you can't see that with big games where millions of people play.

I am fine with lowering the sniper damage down a bit, BUT i'd still prefer a way to power up the Non Vip instead of weakening vips. Something like a rewards shop where every player can buy weapons like sniper (and maybe other stuff ) by spending some reward points that they collect by following duty(like winning round as a team, and extra points for killing/protecting presi).
I'm not a fan of overpowered weapons in PTP like the sniper because they often turn the game into a point-and-click competition. It makes it really difficult to be competitive in vehicles. I think less overpowered weapons is a better solution.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2018, 01:00:59 am »
This topic is a bullshit to be honest, I know why you are creating such topics, I am not going to go further about it but I sometimes join as undercover and kill people, why? Because i got the skills. They get me with sniper sometimes but it’s ok because they’ve paid for it and they deserve it. If someone wants it let them pat, it’s not a big deal and nowdays we got many good people I can say or kind people who donate for others in order to get access for vip stuff. You can’t simply remove just because someone can’t resist against it. Still there are many people who play with normal skins rather than choosing fast although fast skins give more advantage. So cut this crap and stop creating topicw about removing something or adding it for normal players. The main reason or objective or vip is to keep the server alive, so more challenging things must be added in my opinion in order to increase the demand. We already have it for everyone in duels so it’s pretty much enough if someone likes to try it against someone. I really don’t know why people still make topics like this.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline SoLoD

• Score: Unknown
    • Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2018, 10:04:28 am »
This is so fucking hilarious. Sometime when i want to make  topic bout "something", i figure out that exctly at the same time someone else making his own topic about this subject. What does that mean? This "subject" is not something "personal", this is a problem and it is well understandable problem.

The problem is that when you are making this topic, you need to cover whole problem at once in your first post.
About this topic - you need to take all vip features, like infinite nitro, skins etc, and investigate it ALL.
Because sniper rifle is a problem, skins are the problem, so at the end of the topic you can combine "weights" of all this separate problems to a one ARGUMENT.

Lagcomp is a good thing to discuss. You need to say that when lagcomp was ON, terrors had AK, secs/cops M4. So, secs were having some advantage in shooting tires. But terrors were using combat shotgun, so they were more powerful in close distance. That was some kind of balance between 2 main teams. Now, some players have snipers, so, ak/m4 is totally useless. You destroyed this balance, when someone can shot your tire out of NOWHERE and you will not even be able to shoot back. With lagcomp M4 sometimes was a better solution to shoot at tires, but with lagcomp off...

Chainsaw is a very interesting shit. While we have lagcomp off, this weapon is based at players ping. It is not the same when you use it against 60 and 600 ping players. Inside the Area 69 or similar places it is too OP.

Nitro. Infinite nitro is a thing that admins said they alredy fixed. But every vip as far as i know still overabuse it. And i do not even want to ask why my nrg is moving slower than vip`s FBI rancher.

Yomama, this topic is very cursory. You do not ask admins main question.
Because from the very beginning of this "new" PTP they were saying that this vip shit is fucked up and "we need to do something with it". Ask them - why they did nothing.

Ask them, since when PTP became a "Free MMORPG" shit, when you need to pay money to play as a PLAYER, and not play as a "background for vips".
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Aztrek

• VIP
  • Trust begets nothing
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2018, 10:58:12 am »
Bruh, there are soo many non vips that are way too pro than VIPs. Even the features we have now are enough. Something that is special for non vips is that we can tune cars. So these features are already good.

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2018, 11:34:12 am »
They say a new Global Economic crisis is coming soon.
I would like to refund my 20 bucks,thank you.

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2018, 11:46:27 am »
Nothing changed with the vip features since the ptp started and i suppose nothing will change in the next year
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Darwin

• VIP
  • Good choice,Bad choice life still goes on
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2018, 12:39:11 pm »
+1

Offline FlapJack[M.I.B]

• VIP
  • FUCK LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2018, 03:10:07 pm »
Maybe but, it's all just by skill. I know some non-vip players who can kill VIPs 1vs1. Maybe they just have to play the game more offen to gain more skills.

Offline SaiFi

• VIP
  • Score: 95932
  • What's fame, When I rule the fuckin game

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2018, 06:40:40 am »
-1. No way I'm letting jonne take away cubey's sniper advantage. He just paid for vip himself!

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2018, 06:08:10 pm »
What do I think we should do about the unfairness? I think we have at least two reasonable courses of action for the weapons problem:
  • Make overpowered weapons less powerful through scripting and/or by turning them into pickups so they aren't always available.
OR
  • Disable lagcomp, since it doesn't make sense with the gamemode anyway and made the sniper extremely overpowered.

I don't think pickups are a good idea, as I explained here: https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=3021.msg42947#msg42947. Also, we won't be switching back to lag shooting, as almost all SAMP servers are on lagcomp nowadays, and it would make it harder to attract new players to the server, as they'll be used to lagcomp. But, I do see a third option, and that's giving more people the opportunity to access it. Now that we have the scoring system, we could tie it into the system and for example have it as rewards. I haven't put much thought into how exactly we would do that, but it's a possibility to explore.

Edit: everyone now has access to chainsaw and sniper
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 02:55:47 pm by Jonne »