Author Topic: Admins should post their proofs in the ban appeal section.  (Read 11471 times)

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
Re: Admins should post their proofs in the ban appeal section.
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2018, 12:24:38 pm »
Admins are not idiots and they know better than you that what you did and what is necessary to do. In this case, go and cry somewhere else.
-I'm not here defending my case*
-I never lied about my ban history not like you Vehicle Health Hacker*
-And yeah joining GgT to become a Mod then leaving them for lvl4
Ggwp son

Offline FlapJack[M.I.B]

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • FUCK LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2018, 01:49:18 pm »
Part of me agrees, (I never have the feeling of being Banned)
 But if you know you are cheating then you have to accept the consiquence.

Offline Rose

• VIP
  • Score: 86438
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2018, 09:19:43 pm »
+1

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2018, 09:50:08 pm »
Admins are not idiots and they know better than you that what you did and what is necessary to do. In this case, go and cry somewhere else.
Ggwp son
This is not a place to talk about it son. moreover I never wanted lvl 4 so ok but if you want me lvl 4 then one thing i will do is to make sure that proofs are not provided to the guilty and banned person.

P.S: I am defending my statement like before so do anything you wanna do as now I dont care.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 09:54:48 pm by Deadman™ »

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2018, 10:05:41 pm »
Ggwp son
This is not a place to talk about it son. moreover I never wanted lvl 4 so ok but if you want me lvl 4 then one thing i will do is to make sure that proofs are not provided to the guilty and banned person.

P.S: I am defending my statement like before so do anything you wanna do as now I dont care.
https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=398.0
So Scarry how people changes nowadays*

Quoted from ur ban appel:

What the hell? I dont use hacks man who said i hacks?u got any hacking proofs on me?if you have please show it to me if u havent have it let me tell u one of proof.....

Offline Scott_

• Mod
  • Score: 150114
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2018, 10:52:49 pm »
i am neutral, i think they should sent proof via pm when player dont accept that he hacked(ofc blur the things which is not meant for showing players), such we have case like boomx3 argued about wrong ban on him and itd sounds like he was wanting proof or wanted to re-check his ban, we know that admin will not do any false ban and most cases player accept that he hacked at last moment and if admin show proof then also nothing goes? no doubt admins take time and have accurate decision so showing proof is not necessary, my view, correct me if i said wrong.

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2018, 11:32:26 pm »
I was new to this multiplayer (samp) world. Thats why I did many rubbish over rubbish in the start but now I got a clever mind and I can see whats right and wrong. Whatever but proofs are essential part of evidences. It wont be given away to others.

Lets see what would head admins say about this pointless suggestion.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:37:01 pm by Deadman™ »

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2018, 11:33:44 pm »
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline PraY

• VIP
  • Score: 12526
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2018, 11:52:23 pm »
I don't think so.

Offline [ThunderStorm]

• The most warned guy in Plan B community!! level 69
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2018, 02:07:29 am »
it's funny how most of the people that voted -1, are admins lol

Offline Son_Gun

• First Silver Dragon Emperor
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2018, 03:55:02 am »
+1

we need to stop this corruption!

There is no corruption. Admins don't practice partiality here. -1

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2018, 04:19:58 am »
Well, let's take a precise look on your suggestion...

First, there was a call for sending the proofs privately to the banned person. I guess that it is out of the question, because the banned person is the only one who actually knows if they were banned wrongfully or not. You can't lie to yourself. So, they don't need any proofs for something they do already know.

So, let's look for a possible reason to ask admins to post the proofs publicly. I see only a single one: the community mistrusts the administration, questioning its decisions. What decisions are being questioned? Obviously, bans for obvious things like spawning a minigun do not interest the community. They want to be sure about complicated cases such as using aimbot. I can understand it. However, I don't see how posting the proofs might help. What do you want to see? Recordings? The admins never ban people for it based on their empyrical observations, so this one falls off. Anticheat reports? Well, there is no way for a mere player to check if an admin posted real, genuine data? If you don't trust admins' decision, why would you trust their proofs that can easily be fabricated? You cannot determine whether the following lines are genuine:
[26.06.2018 00:10:18] [Anticheat] [Rawr]Quido is suspected to be using aimbot (weapon: minigun, hit distance: 586).

Summarizing: no proofs would be valid for you if you don't trust the admins a priori.

Now about the trust. Why would you mistrust admins on the first place? How can you talk about any sort of corruption if it isn't about money or power? The Staff team is not a bunch of officials who only care about their own well-being. Even if they wanted it, it's simply impossible in our environment. Admins here are mature and responsible people united by the same goal: to make the server better. To make it more attractive for you, players. Why would we, admins, spend our time and energy on administrating if we wanted anything else?

Consider it as a form of the Social Contract. You, players, grant us, admins, a right to ban some of you who play unfairly, cheat, eliminating the fun for others. In return, you receive a hacker-free, bug-free, safe and enjoyful gaming server with a very liberal community opened to any kind of reasonable discussions. If you didn't receive your fun, would you spend your time playing here? The fact that you do proves that this "social contract" works.

So, -1.

P.S. I deliberately didn't say anything about the sensivity of the proofs gathered by admins. As for me, it is already a reason enough to lock this topic, but I don't do it, nor I don't even mention it, as I realise that it wouldn't convince anyone. Maybe just pure logical reasonings would instead.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2018, 04:45:26 am »
I don't think this is feasible to begin with, since it would mean that admins would have to maintain huge libraries of videos just for banned players, most of whom are banned for obvious reasons and also aren't worth the disk space, then many would have to upload those videos on less-than-ideal connections. As some of us remember from the old propagandized Reports section, a video still doesn't necessarily translate to proof, particularly when it lacks context (which requires more disk space). I'm not saying that admins shouldn't document possibly controversial bans for staff purposes, it makes sense for many obvious reasons.

I agree with Altus that there is little reason to share video proof outside of the staff, since the only real purpose would be in giving biased community members material for bullshit. If you're really so concerned about admins having a good reason for banning you: a) why? b) can't you record your own video? c) have you ever been wrongly banned yourself?

If you think the staff here is bad enough to require posted proof for every ban, then I would suggest you visit some other servers and find out how truly shitty servers operate. I've been banned in some servers with crappy admin teams just for "overusing planes" or for doing tricks like flying backwards (these servers will remain unnamed).

Offline Luka

• VIP
  • Score: 20091
  • LuKa[PPLV]
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2018, 05:00:12 am »
u guys seriously think PTP is corrupt lol

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2018, 08:06:32 am »
What? I guess before banning a particular player, the evidence is shown to all the admins and only after that a decision is announced. There is no chance of injustice. -1