Author Topic: New events for civilians  (Read 2946 times)

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
New events for civilians
« on: April 17, 2016, 05:34:31 pm »
As you already know civilians already have the race commands, we should better create a command like
/createevent which would consist options like:
Race,Death match,Derby,Fun.
I'll explain their contents one by one.

Race- The old race events,different vehicles and different maps.

Deathmatch-deagle fight, weapon combo fight in the stunt stadium,rifle fight in the andromada interior. I suggest this because players won't need Admins to arrange it and no errors. Maps and weapons can be disccused and it would be fun.

Derby-As the title says,we can do derby with trucks,monsters on different maps. I've seen it in servers where there us a slim way for a car to go and the tracks are created using that object,you have to bumn other players and they fall.

Fun-These would include the fun events like grenade fight,1hp dildo fight,1hp silencer fight,gun game(you kill and get better guns everytime,the one to reach the highest gun will win,highest guns are like RPG etc).

These are basically a summary of what can be added,there is a lot to add this way and civilians would enjoy this.
Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

M a k a v e l i .

Re: New events for civilians
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 11:02:55 pm »
I second that! +1

Offline Ricky

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 12:40:55 am »
Concept is great but there needs to be a lot of control and restrictions with these. Otherwise people aren't going to play PTP and just play events the whole time, and I don't think that's a good idea.

Perhaps if there is an automatic event by the system and people can join, if there isn't a minimum number of people (e.g. 3) then it is cancelled - instead of players creating them.

Nonetheless, I imagine this is something that requires a lot of time and effort but could be added gradually.

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 04:49:43 am »
I agree on that, maybe we can add like a restriction that when 40+ people are online then these events. Or like u said,adding a minimum player number would ask work.
Nevertheless,you'll have to add atleast the race etc,do adding them with race would be great.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 06:06:23 pm »
I'll put some of these in, but it's not a priority. I'll fix all of the other stuff first, and only add things like these at the end, as admins can create most of these events already. Racing is already in, just a test race has been put in to see if everything worked right. It's not a lot of work to add races, so I'm open to race suggestions. Everyone can just suggest his own race, and if it gets approved I'll put it in the game. The only thing I need are coordinates for the checkpoints, and coordinates for the starting positions.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 07:43:54 am »
I think racing is fine the way it is in PTP currently, but all your other suggestions I don't really like. If any of them are added, they should be controlled by admins, not by minimum player count. Racing and duels don't allow many players ignore the GM, while your other suggestions do. I think it would be better not to script events but instead to put in commands that let people opt into admin-controlled events. For example, a /joinevent command for a civilian to opt in, then admin commands like /massget, /massgive, /massspawnvehicle, /masshealth, etc. that perform their function for all the people who have done /joinevent (and haven't been removed from the event). It saves admins time over the current system and also allows for more flexible events.

Example:
Jonne does /createevent 30 (30 seconds to join).
Vishwas, YoMama, Ricky, Makaveli are all civilians who have done /joinevent.
Jonne does /massget to teleport all four civilians to his location, /massgodmode so they don't kill each other, then /massgive <grenade> 1000 to give all participants 1000 grenades.
Jonne does /massfreezecount, which freezes participants and starts a countdown, at the end of the countdown participants are unfrozen and godmode is removed.
Participants fight, etc...

Maybe there could also be a command to create teams, so you could have an event with some throwing grenades from a Rustler at others who are using rocket launchers to try to shoot them down, for example.

While I think this is a better idea than scripted events, I definitely don't think it should even be a priority if it's added at all. Races and duels are fine.

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 04:46:32 pm »
I think I get your point. Maybe we can do one thing, we keep the races and duels (and some other small event) and make the rest even in a admin controlled commands. So basically Adkins can start these events so they won't have problems managing it, specually lvl 4s. How is that?

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 12:55:12 am »
This is a great idea but it is really unnecessary. If there will be events like these, more people would just reclass to civilian and not play the game mode

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 03:45:35 am »
I think I get your point. Maybe we can do one thing, we keep the races and duels (and some other small event) and make the rest event in a admin controlled commands. So basically Admins can start these events so they won't have problems managing it, specially lvl 4s. How is that?
That^
So civilians won't be able to play events. But they can when a admin managed it because presently it takes too much time creating these events for Admins and getting them to teleport us,etc is annoying. These /createevent will exist for Admins now
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 03:48:14 am by Vishwas »