Author Topic: [Suggestion] Vote for Maps  (Read 4066 times)

Offline Gablo

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
[Suggestion] Vote for Maps
« on: April 17, 2016, 07:16:21 pm »
 My suggestion is a voting system for the next map when round ends. Not like the old one, wich the players used to just click in the first one of the list. To vote, players will have to type a cmd, like /LV (if they want Las Venturas to be the next map), or /LS (if they want Los Santos). When round ends a message appears on screen showing the commands and players vote in 05 seconds. What do you think?

M a k a v e l i .

Re: [Suggestion] Vote for Maps
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 11:01:33 pm »
I don't like this suggestion beacuse players such as myself would never vote for certain maps.

It's better to have them all around than to get stuck between 2-3 most popular maps.

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 11:27:12 pm »
I agree with Makaveli here

Also, the map rotation has been fixed so that there won't be any annoying map repeats like WV-NSA-LS-NSA-FC-NSA

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 01:12:22 am »
Or simply add "Don't vote" at the top of the options so that the players who will just press Enter or Esc during Map Voting screen, will not be counted, and the players who voted for a map will be the ones who counted. I have suggested this one a long time ago.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:15:11 am by Storm »

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 03:45:07 am »
Or simply add "Don't vote" at the top of the options so that the players who will just press Enter or Esc during Map Voting screen, will not be counted, and the players who voted for a map will be the ones who counted. I have suggested this one a long time ago.

Aand let's say our clans are having a fight, *random shit*, so we would rather fight in some map such as SF where we can get HP/Armour quickly, right?

Normally all of our clan mates decide to vote for the same map in map selection since the clan fight goes on, and again we keep playing the same maps all over again I guess.

- This^ is very possible, lately ive seen clan fights like 6v7 or somethin which is often half of the players we have in there. So if those guys decide to keep going on with their shit, tell me how could possibly some freeroamer who would like to play in more than 2 maps, stop them from selecting it?

Possible solution:

We could actually prevent that from happening by removing the last played map from the list, everytime before the list comes out.

Let's say we just played LS and the map ends, in new map selection you can pick any other map except LS, which is no more available. Each time the list decreases by 1 logically, and at the end, after we pick the last map from the list, it restarts.

In this way all the maps would go in circle, no skipping, we could just decide on which one we are going to playing next!

Whaddaya say?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 04:01:28 am by M a k a v e l i . »

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 04:02:40 am »
If we can't vote for them, I'd rather that they were sequential- if you were in a map that you liked and knew that the next map was one you hated, you'd be more interested in killing the pres, and if you knew you liked the next one more you'd be more interested in protecting.

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 04:09:01 am »
If we can't vote for them, I'd rather that they were sequential- if you were in a map that you liked and knew that the next map was one you hated, you'd be more interested in killing the pres, and if you knew you liked the next one more you'd be more interested in protecting.

Isn't it contrary? Nvm I got what you mean, I agree, that would be challenging for sure!

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 04:12:43 am »
Isn't it contrary?
No, if you keep killing the president the map will continue indefinitely (as long as people keep taking vice), but if you protect well enough it will end in <15 minutes as we all know.

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 04:16:56 am »
Isn't it contrary?
No, if you keep killing the president the map will continue indefinitely (as long as people keep taking vice), but if you protect well enough it will end in <15 minutes as we all know.
Ah, I guess I look on it from another angle, i'd usually go as sec most of time if wanted to make the map last longer, and then when it comes to 4 minutes remaining or some I'd turn terrorist, and all over again hahah

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 04:54:32 am »
So if we have total 6 maps(maybe I'm wrong) then maybe we can do 2 maps based on player selection?
So like after playing 3 maps,the 4th map will be on player selection and then after playing 3 maps again 8th map would be from selection.
Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

Offline Ricky

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 11:41:12 am »
I don't understand the issue with a simple rotation of maps. Why don't we just cycle through the maps one by one, it is the fairest and most simple way. Each map is selected an equal amount of times and everyone is able to enjoy their favourite map. Furthermore, if you don't like the map then as YoMama said you will have a further incentive to chase the president.

The current algorithm of random map picking is not working and player voting will be dominated by regular players. New players might actually stay if they are able to see the variety of maps that we have instead of just the few that the so called majority like.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 05:59:19 pm »
I don't really think voting is necessary, otherwise the most popular maps will be picked all the time, and the lesser ones won't be played that often. I think the system I put in now isn't bad, every map gets played in each cycle, in a random order.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 07:12:56 am »
I don't really think voting is necessary, otherwise the most popular maps will be picked all the time, and the lesser ones won't be played that often. I think the system I put in now isn't bad, every map gets played in each cycle, in a random order.
It's not bad, but I think that sequential cycling is better for the reasons I mentioned earlier. I can't think of any advantage that the random maps per cycle system has over sequential maps.

Offline Great_Khali

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 11:38:28 pm »
make it clickable instead of just hitting enter,

after desired time of 5-10 secs the map changes to the highest ones clicked .

{it was working well in the Fake ptp those putas had made nice scripts}