Author Topic: [To be added]Remove TransFender  (Read 18910 times)

Offline BugsBunny

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • xd
Re: [To be added]Remove TransFender
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2018, 03:09:16 pm »
Weird, I forgot to reply to this. But due to some recent events I got reminded.

While I don't mind transfender bug to be abused, but simply fencing them with no workarounds is stupid.

Driving is one of the major things in PTP.
I don't think one should be forced to spend 20 Euros just for a Nitro and Hydraulics.
I mean it furthers the gap even more.

VIPs already have superior Nitro and Hydraulics.
No point in arguing that VIPs will suffer in any case,they won't.

Nitro: Can be spammed = Infinite Nitro Time + Acceleration workaround for better turning or drifting. Can be installed on every goddamn land vehicle except Bikes (excluding ATV).

Hydraulics: Can be applied on any land vehicle,obvious advantages include fixing low ground clearance and good suspension.

Non VIPs can't do this. I don't know why people don't realize the importance of Nitro and Hydraulics or are just ignoring it on purpose.

You see, Lohit, your suggestion is interesting, but I don't think that it fits here. We add a lot of 'secondary' features just for fun such as animations recently, but you shouldn't forget that primarily it is a TDM gamemode, not a roleplay or party server. None of the ideas related to the modding shops solves the abuse problem when a person can spend as much time as he wants inside a shop to be out of reach of anyone else. Nor a single workaround seem to be neat.

So, if you want to tune a car here for your own pleasure, buy a VIP. I'll stick to my point of view. -1 for this one.

Not sure if you didn't read what I posted just a message above you or I wasn't able to convey the message properly back then, my bad I guess.

The whole suggestion was meant to be exterior modding meaning the modding doesn't involve interior! No Interior means no interior bug abuse,simple.

Just ignore my stupid elaborate Doherty garage interior suggestion, just add a red checkpoint where one can perform the following filter-script I provided below.

CrazyBob's CnR Server already uses this and is effective. Maybe Deadman[PPLV] being a former CnR admin can help on this somehow?

and Yes,that does solve things:

No car abusing
Less time utilized
Faster Process
Minimal interruption in the game-mode flow
Will solve Tuning or Pay n Spray issues in County Maps

I fail to see how this is not effective in anyway.

FilterScript: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=378132&page=7

Example for
All that needs to be done is to limit the cmd to specific areas.

and let's please not pretend that Nitro and Hydraulics don't have an advantage in driving (to those who probably will.) and if you think so please play some driving servers without those features kkk?

and Yes, PTP is partly TDM but involves partial roleplay and survival, Driving is a major part. Let's not generalize it just to a TDM, PTP is PTP. Even the Gamemode type in SAMP client says that.

The effects are visual, they increase the attractiveness of the VIP pack, I feel that it should remain this way.

Predicted Response from a Random VIP: No, this will increase demand for VIP! Just pay 20 euroes for it then it's not much and support the server!

I doubt VIP Tuning gives the following:

Spoilers
Side Skirts
Paint Jobs
Bass Boost(Yes I do realize it's effect is minimal)
SoftTop/HardTop
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper

But if your favored suggestion gets implemented I would have access to none of them even with VIP, get a much watered down tuning kit for 20 Euros just to keep up with VIP vehicles.

Majority of tuning stuff is limited in the first place. It's stupid to limit it even more.

It will make this server look like Pay2Win shit which people hate these days, and that would in turn decrease the demands along with player satisfaction from the server.

It's blatantly stupid. I am not sure if you guys realize that Special Car Parts exist or not (seeing people dont know that vortex can even glide).
^ no more to say about dis.

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2018, 03:29:26 pm »

There is solution as already mentioned, the red checkpoint and a menu. Menu doesn't have to be textdraws but the default SAMP menu, it's not hard to create. Maybe I or anyone can help making it. Removing it completely is not a solution , hell I suggested and gave code to add lowriders in LS myself so I could drive them and modify in Low Loco and now you're telling me I can't do this?

A menu won't do any harm , most transfender/arch wheels/low loco are in a isolated place already except a few so getting disturbed isn't really a issue. If that's your concern we can always come up with a new place since it's in our hands to put the checkpoint lol

You have to pay to get nos and modify is pure bullshit, transfender has always existed and it serves as the perfect way for people to modify for VIPs or for nos to non VIPs.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 03:31:23 pm by Vishwas »
Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2018, 03:47:46 pm »
I agree with Jonne's Idea of adding fence in front of it. Being an Admin in CnR, I majorly deal the people who camps in the transfender to aviod getting busted by a cop and eventually many players were banned by me at that time. Then after much consideration of this kind of situation, the owner decided to add gates in front of the transfenders and wheel arch angels and only those were able to open the gates when their wanted level was 0. What I can suggest you for this problem is that to add openable gates in front of tuning garages. As jonne want it to let this open for civil class, civils can access the transfender by opening the gates by /cmd like /gates. This is the only way to solve this problem.
I wish I could have help jonne for its script but unfortunately, that server no longer exist but I have provided Idea so I think Jonne can work on it easily.

Info: Lohit I was Admin but not in Crazybob's server but in SA CnR owned by Haydz. Long ago about 1-half year that server is dead.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:23:08 pm by Deadman »

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2018, 05:01:50 pm »
I was also thinking if we could eject president out of his vehicle if he tries to get inside maybe? I think it's pretty possible using the IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint.

Adding fence is probably not the best since they are global and someone could troll using the commands. If this is the way to go then I'd suggest better use the H (horn key) for opening gates too.

This isn't really a big issue because I've rarely seen presidents doing it, they mostly get warned and never repeat it. But meh, removing is still not a solution

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2018, 01:20:31 am »
I was also thinking if we could eject president out of his vehicle if he tries to get inside maybe? I think it's pretty possible using the IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint.

Adding fence is probably not the best since they are global and someone could troll using the commands. If this is the way to go then I'd suggest better use the H (horn key) for opening gates too.

This isn't really a big issue because I've rarely seen presidents doing it, they mostly get warned and never repeat it. But meh, removing is still not a solution
Why couldn't you generate the fence if the President is within a certain radius of the TransFender and remove it when he's away? I could see a lot of false positives ejecting players needlessly (think of the one near the SF President spawn that you drive by all the time).

I honestly don't really see it as a huge issue that needs much fixing anyway.

Offline MnMs

• VIP

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2018, 05:15:13 am »
Why couldn't you generate the fence if the President is within a certain radius of the TransFender and remove it when he's away? I could see a lot of false positives ejecting players needlessly (think of the one near the SF President spawn that you drive by all the time).

why should others suffer because of president. Also, even though this is highly rare to occur, what if someone is in transfender and gets out when there's a president nearby..  he would be stuck lol. As I said, it's highly rare but still affects others gameplay that's why I'm not a huge fan of objects to prevent things.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2018, 07:38:30 am »

why should others suffer because of president. Also, even though this is highly rare to occur, what if someone is in transfender and gets out when there's a president nearby..  he would be stuck lol. As I said, it's highly rare but still affects others gameplay that's why I'm not a huge fan of objects to prevent things.
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of objects either, nor am I a fan of disabling TransFender because some mystical Presidents abuse it. I've used TransFender as President to get nitro before I was a VIP, but always when I had enough time to get in and out before people caught up. I don't see any problem with being in there for a short period of time.

What about losing health (quickly) after 20 or so seconds of being in there? (I'm thinking that he could be in there for 30 seconds without dying, so he has time for upgrades). Then the terrorists could nail him when he comes out, if he's trying to hide. If the President loses all of his health in there, he gets kicked for abusing TransFender so he isn't bugged and gets the message.

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2018, 08:14:58 am »

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of objects either, nor am I a fan of disabling TransFender because some mystical Presidents abuse it. I've used TransFender as President to get nitro before I was a VIP, but always when I had enough time to get in and out before people caught up. I don't see any problem with being in there for a short period of time.

What about losing health (quickly) after 20 or so seconds of being in there? (I'm thinking that he could be in there for 30 seconds without dying, so he has time for upgrades). Then the terrorists could nail him when he comes out, if he's trying to hide. If the President loses all of his health in there, he gets kicked for abusing TransFender so he isn't bugged and gets the message.
Same, I don't consider this as a real problem either and removing it is completely absurd.

Yea I think what you suggested is the best solution so far. Also a message about camping at transfender is prohibited should be displayed when President goes near the garage.

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2018, 07:23:46 pm »

I don't think that will work on a good note on a general basis, average time to mod is atleast around 1 minute.

and reducing health is a bad way, because the president is already risking his car exploding due to the exit position which forces one to reverse while the garage door opening, which puts him in a position prone to getting rekt from the back.

Besides one of the downsides of ModShops is that you can't see how a part will look at a certain viewpoint and that leads to more wasting of time.

I think Mod Menu is far better because it solves the problem of abuse, is actually way faster to mod a car on and quickly change if one wants to without going through the slower directional inputs again and also lowers the risk factor for the tuner or r1c3r.

%

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2018, 07:38:01 pm »

I don't think that will work on a good note on a general basis, average time to mod is atleast around 1 minute.

You do realize if you're a president and a NON VIP only then you would go to transfender if you want to survive only for the nos and hydraulics. If you actually care about how your paintjob spending 1 min choosing one then thats pretty stupid because none of the looks would matter and you're wasting your time while a good amount of terrorist are outside waiting for you. if you're a good president you'll just take nos and hydraulics and get out, i can do it in 10 or max 20 seconds(probably less,never tried).

Mod menu isn't worth the effort + as already said someone would damage your vehicle or worse,steal it while you are busy with the menu.

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2018, 07:47:17 pm »

You do realize if you're a president and a NON VIP only then you would go to transfender if you want to survive only for the nos and hydraulics. If you actually care about how your paintjob spending 1 min choosing one then thats pretty stupid because none of the looks would matter and you're wasting your time while a good amount of terrorist are outside waiting for you. if you're a good president you'll just take nos and hydraulics and get out, i can do it in 10 or max 20 seconds(probably less,never tried).

Mod menu isn't worth the effort + as already said someone would damage your vehicle or worse,steal it while you are busy with the menu.

Actually getting your car stolen is way less likely or something bad happening to it if one keeps attention to the radar and closes the menu in time and throttles away than risking the freshly modded car against Hostile gunfire while reversing out of a garage.

If Transfenders still exist the Teleportation Bug will still exist if a Vice goes president while modding which is bad.

Ye my bad at the customization part was meant as extra in respect to the possibility of Vice Modding and the aforementioned bug occurring (Taking time for visuals and the bug occuring and end up with nothing).

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:55:48 pm by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline Brian_Walker

• VIP
  • H e L L o
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2018, 07:49:19 pm »

Actually getting your car stolen is way less likely or something bad happening to it if one keeps attention to the radar and closes the menu in time and throttles away than risking the freshly modded car against Hostile gunfire while reversing out of a garage.

If Transfenders still exist the Teleportation Bug will still exist if a Vice goes president while modding which is bad.

Ye my bad at the customization part was meant as extra in respect to the possibility of Vice Modding and the aforementioned bug occurring (Taking time for visuals and the bug occuring and end up with nothing).
Life is to short to play Samp

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2018, 05:08:34 am »
Removing the trasnfender isn't a good idea tho. -.-
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Son_Gun

• First Silver Dragon Emperor
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2018, 02:55:52 am »
-1 for that