Author Topic: [Long term]An improvement to duels  (Read 23061 times)

Offline style!

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
[Long term]An improvement to duels
« on: October 05, 2016, 10:11:21 pm »
This is medium-long term suggestion, but I think this is the best way to add DB duel to stats and improve duels a bit. Anyways, the idea is simple: make duels system "similar" to races.

When you /duel somebody, you have to do 2 choices: kind of duel and location.

• Kind: Db duel / Running weapons (tecs, swans..) / Walking wepaons (deagle, m4..) / Mixed (running + walking) *Idk how do you guys call that kind of weapons

• Location: adding different locations will make easy multiple duels at same time (with a limit). Just show free "arenas" when player is selecting it (and check it's still free when he ends)

What about CP? Just do it like races, but instead "Traks" use type of race.

That's all for now.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 06:18:44 pm by Jonne »

style_n_elegance

Offline Onii

• VIP
Re: An improvement to duels
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 10:55:20 pm »
what about rustler duel? i think it will be also interesting
or make some event, where example 10vs10 on rustler fight with each other, win who survive :D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 11:19:12 pm by Onii »

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 11:10:36 pm »
Good idea stylie
+1

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Aksel

• VIP
  • Greatest of all times
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 12:43:17 am »
imo what makes ptp best server for me its cus everything is so simple there is no complex thing that u need to learn or additional maps

leave it like that ppl normal agree if they want to WW or RW duel
simple and clean

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 08:03:21 am »
:-*

Offline Rage

• VIP
  • Score: 46484
  • ◢ ◤
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 10:59:28 am »
Yes good idea +1

:-*
   I'm think add duel rustler for Mami  ;D

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 11:46:26 am »
The current dueling system is awesome, we only need more duels happening at the same time in the same arena but in different virtual world. We don't need to make it more complicated with this menu :o

Offline TreePuncher

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 12:15:02 pm »
The current dueling system is awesome, we only need more duels happening at the same time in the same arena but in different virtual world. We don't need to make it more complicated with this menu :o
This is in fact a great solution.
You see, we have a limit of 90 players. If all 90 wanted to duel, we'd need 45 virtual worlds. But we can use 2.147.483.647 virtual worlds, so yeah.

Another normal day at Hueland.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 02:38:44 pm »
That's what do we need, +1. For example: /rduel for rustler duel; /watchdbduel; /watchrduel; /watchduel. It there's more than one duel in progress of any type, /watch[db|r]duel <id> must be used, where ID can be obtained from /[db|r]duellist, which will output the list of the following format:
 ~ 0: Player1 vs Player2;
 ~ 1: Player3 vs Player4.

That should be pretty easy to implement. As for the things style has suggested, unfortunately, I don't think it is needed. -1.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline style!

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 10:10:20 pm »
That's what do we need, +1. For example: /rduel for rustler duel; /watchdbduel; /watchrduel; /watchduel. It there's more than one duel in progress of any type, /watch[db|r]duel <id> must be used, where ID can be obtained from /[db|r]duellist, which will output the list of the following format:
 ~ 0: Player1 vs Player2;
 ~ 1: Player3 vs Player4.
How many cmds do you want just to duel?? Too keep it simple: standardize!

Ok, guys if you don't like to arena idea, forget it. It wasn't the core of this suggestion. But I rlly think a menu to select kind of duel makes sense. IMO It's simpler /duel and select the type than /[r|db|rw|ww...]duel .

Also, we are active on forums and know new developments, but what about others/newbies. Do you think they will "discover" that cmds?

style_n_elegance

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 04:47:58 pm »
Duels are just a secondary feature, a complement of the main gamemode. No need to make them more advanced or make any complex scripts with lots of commands. I'm not against it, but I don't think it's necessary to spend scripting time on adding new types of duels with specific weapons, vehicles or locations.
The only moderately important thing could be allowing multiple duels simultaneously in different virtual worlds and the same arena. Nobody plays the gamemode because the duel arena is busy, they just wait until that duel ends.
Let's keep simplicity as one of the brand marks of PTP ;)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 04:51:53 pm by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 04:50:24 pm »
I didn't say a word about SA:MP menus. As for me, they are ugly and irrelevant, and I discourage their usage. However, I understand that I won't find much support in it, so I keep silence.

How many cmds do you want just to duel??
Let's see. We already have green commands, and red ones I suggest to add.
  • /duel
  • /duelaccept
  • /cduel
  • /watchduel [id]
  • /duellist
  • /dbduel
  • /dbduelaccept
  • /cdbduel
  • /watchdbduel [id]
  • /dbduellist
  • /rduel
  • /rduelaccept
  • /crduel
  • /watchrduel [id]
  • /rduellist

Is it really that much of a complication? I don't think so. Yeah, personally I prefer text interfaces, but it can be implemented as the menu. As for newbies... /faq duels should be added as well. If newbie wants to read, he'll definitely manage, there's nothing hard. If he doesn't, he won't sort out even easier things and eventually either will be gone or learn to read and understand.

P.S.
Nobody plays the gamemode because the duel arena is busy, they just wait until that duel ends.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 06:18:32 pm »
Maybe in the future I'll expand the duel system, but it won't be for any time soon.