Author Topic: Restructuring mod level  (Read 39064 times)

Offline Gablo

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: Restructuring mod level
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2016, 05:44:16 am »
ye, u are free to pay 20$, ban someone for fun and lost ur vip, so that man will be unbanned in 3 hours.

Im not saying someone would ban a player for fun, ofc it would be rare to happen. But, we would be dealing with some people not-experienced in administration, and I believe that often would happen wrong bans like "banned for HH" when actually the banned person was just desynced, for example. Would bring many headaches to staff that constantly would have to undo the shits made by some vips

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2016, 07:17:13 am »
ye, u are free to pay 20$, ban someone for fun and lost ur vip, so that man will be unbanned in 3 hours.

Im not saying someone would ban a player for fun, ofc it would be rare to happen. But, we would be dealing with some people not-experienced in administration, and I believe that often would happen wrong bans like "banned for HH" when actually the banned person was just desynced, for example. Would bring many headaches to staff that constantly would have to undo the shits made by some vips
This^

Also imagining dizzy having ban ability is even more scary lmfao

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2016, 11:38:57 am »
So, we decided to make the mod level a permanent level, focused on catching hackers, in order to provide more coverage around all timezones. The current mod level will be limited, they won't have the same access to information as admins have, in order to make it more focused around hackers, and so more people are eligible to take that position.
Will the restructured mods have the ability to fix bugged players? We had a president today who didn't spawn properly and was a desynced, classless president for a round.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2016, 05:06:37 pm »
So, we decided to make the mod level a permanent level, focused on catching hackers, in order to provide more coverage around all timezones. The current mod level will be limited, they won't have the same access to information as admins have, in order to make it more focused around hackers, and so more people are eligible to take that position.
Will the restructured mods have the ability to fix bugged players? We had a president today who didn't spawn properly and was a desynced, classless president for a round.

Yes, they will be able to deal with desynced players.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2016, 01:35:26 am »
Your decision is definitely very interesting, Jonne. I'm looking forward to see what it will lead to.

So generally you are going to hire wageworkers to compensate the lack of really strong anticheat. Such people won't neither be mere players anymore, nor administrators. They will kinda take part in administrating, but they won't anyhow determine the direction of server development, which might be disappointing after a long time of moderation. Besides, the limits of mods' authority are very unclear too. You stated that the hackers will be the only rulebreakers under their jurisdiction. But what's about spammers? Or, even better example, advertisers? As far as I understand the conception, mod also won't be able to do anything with lvl 2+. But what if a VIP is clearly rulebreaking? I understand you that you want to keep all of the potential personal issues away, but would you ever hire a person whose personal issues can cloud his better judgement? I don't think so.
Second, will you give mods any IRC extended permissions? The smartest advertisers go there and spam from Echo.

So, summing up: if you trust person enough to grant him rights to ban anyone, why don't you trust him enough to discharge other everyday ingame admin duties? Where does the borderline lay?

Well, I've explained my pessimistic theoretical concerns above. In fact, I am almost sure everything's gonna be fine and smooth on practice. :) The obvious benefits are that hackers will be dealt with accurately and quickly, a lot quicker than it used to be, which would repeatedly improve everyones' gaming experience.

P.S. As for me, you should keep an analog of former moderator status if you're gonna invite anyone to your team (I mean, to admin's place), even if he has been a moderator of a new kind previously. The 'trial period' is very important in this case, it both helps you to understand if he's capable of holding admin duties (which should be absolutely different from moderator experience), how a person interacts with other members of staff team, and if he nicely fits in your team. I'm judging from my own experience, so that's just my subjective view.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2016, 05:22:35 am »
The main complaint we heard the last few months was that players had to play with cheaters for a long time and no admin would show up. That's what we're trying to prevent with the new mod level. We're trying to set very high standards for the admin level, to make sure we have the best team possible. But that also means that not a lot of people fit all the criteria. You have to be active, know a lot about SA-MP and how it works, you need to be able to make good decisions, be patient, know how to deal with a lot of different people, ... and on top of all that, you need to fit into the team. With the new mod level, we decided to give them limited responsibility, so a lot more people would be eligible for it. That way we can focus on active players who know how to detect hackers. Another reason we did this was because admins have access to a lot of information, and we have to limit the number of people who have access to that.

Yes, the limits on mods authority is a bit unclear now, we haven't made a final decision on what commands will be available to them and which ones won't be. The main focus will be on hackers, but we're still working out if there's more we can add to that. But, this is the first time we try this, I don't know if it's going to work out or not, so we're heavily limiting the mod level for now. If it works out, we can think about passing responsibilities and commands down to the mod level to make them more effective. For regulars and VIPs who break rules, I don't think that's a major problem right now, and admins can continue taking care of it.

And yes, mods will be half-op on IRC channels (after some time) and will be able to kick and ban people from IRC.

So, to sum up, we felt like we had a lot of active people who knew how to detect hackers, but wouldn't necessarily fit into the admin team and take on all of the responsibilities immediately, especially in the timezones where we're not often online and don't know the players that well. I understand that some people might think it's not worth it if they only have limited powers, and that's why we did applications this time, so we would clearly see who's up for it and who's not.

P.S. As for me, you should keep an analog of former moderator status if you're gonna invite anyone to your team (I mean, to admin's place), even if he has been a moderator of a new kind previously. The 'trial period' is very important in this case, it both helps you to understand if he's capable of holding admin duties (which should be absolutely different from moderator experience), how a person interacts with other members of staff team, and if he nicely fits in your team. I'm judging from my own experience, so that's just my subjective view.
I don't really get what you mean with this though.

Offline indincive

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2016, 02:53:11 pm »
Well its a good thing you re construct this moderator, so only level 3 can kick and ban players along do all the usual /spec and etc I guess, one thing pisses me off is, we as players donate to server to help it run and enjoy, not to play with corrupted idiotic cheaters interrupting the game with the dumbass sobiets.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2016, 03:11:53 pm »
Well its a good thing you re construct this moderator, so only level 3 can kick and ban players along do all the usual /spec and etc I guess, one thing pisses me off is, we as players donate to server to help it run and enjoy, not to play with corrupted idiotic cheaters interrupting the game with the dumbass sobiets.

That's the reason why jonne wants to choose mods, to keep the server free of cheaters and have a clean environment is their top priority.
It's the first time so staff are not sure if it will work out or not, therefore, there are certain limits for the new system. I mean there will be a trial time period to check if the chosen one is eligible of being mod or not. I guess.
All I want to say is to thank Jonne for his efforts towards us to let us have fun without a ruined day. So thank you Jonne.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 11:38:05 am by Faro0s »

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Aksel

• VIP
  • Greatest of all times
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2016, 04:17:25 am »
Just know how and who to pick! i dont want to see ppl under 20yo getting mod or mb admin later cus if that happend we'll end up at where we were one year ago,when you can end up banned if a specific admin dont like you! (Gablo is still a good example for that)

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2016, 06:07:36 am »

Just look at them, look at them and laugh!
They are wishing luck to each other. Should i remind you that one idiot-420er was lucky enough to get admin status and then fcked everything oup n the old ptp (or he just finished "the work")? And before him there were another "luckers".
Or maybe you all think it is a fcking COMPETITION with WINNERS and PRIZES? That is why i said not to give them any extra rights, only duties and ass-kicks.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2016, 06:46:57 am »
Just know how and who to pick! i dont want to see ppl under 20yo getting mod or mb admin later cus if that happend we'll end up at where we were one year ago,when you can end up banned if a specific admin dont like you! (Gablo is still a good example for that)
Age doesn't define maturity but ya sure 12 y/o running the server will be a nightmare. 17+ is fine i guess

Offline manitupuma

• VIP
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2016, 09:06:57 am »

Just look at them, look at them and laugh!
They are wishing luck to each other. Should i remind you that one idiot-420er was lucky enough to get admin status and then fcked everything oup n the old ptp (or he just finished "the work")? And before him there were another "luckers".
Or maybe you all think it is a fcking COMPETITION with WINNERS and PRIZES? That is why i said not to give them any extra rights, only duties and ass-kicks.

I am are idiot :(?   

Solod Not All 420 players is Bad :p

Offline Aksel

• VIP
  • Greatest of all times
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2016, 04:26:33 pm »

please tell me whole story! thats look so interesting!!!

Age doesn't define maturity but ya sure 12 y/o running the server will be a nightmare. 17+ is fine i guess
i didn't say your age define maturity,but it comes with experinces and responsibilities that you take during your life! Along with age our maturity will be increasing as we will be facing some really tough situations as the life progress....
Sometimes even people who are younger than others are more mature.

you are not an idiot! you are a mega idiot! and why did u use tele topise colors in ur app...

Offline manitupuma

• VIP
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2016, 06:59:11 pm »

please tell me whole story! thats look so interesting!!!

i didn't say your age define maturity,but it comes with experinces and responsibilities that you take during your life! Along with age our maturity will be increasing as we will be facing some really tough situations as the life progress....
Sometimes even people who are younger than others are more mature.

you are not an idiot! you are a mega idiot! and why did u use tele topise colors in ur app...

Rainbow Flag = gay   and this is the reason

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2016, 12:54:26 am »
I`m pretty sure i did not said that.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.