Author Topic: [To be added]Remove TransFender  (Read 18911 times)

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
Re: Remove TransFender
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 07:12:53 am »
nope, don't remove it.
¿Why not?,Opinions are very important.

That's also his opinion  ::)

Offline Nazi

• Score: Unknown
  • In this game,i will be the best.
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 11:35:35 am »
nope, don't remove it.

That's also his opinion  ::)
I do not see her  ???
Me vs All

Offline [RD]Monster

• VIP
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 11:50:13 am »
nope, don't remove it.
my reasoning might be generic, but i always like to have variety in the game. TransFender is a good way to have fun. do car meets or etc. im NOT against adding restrictions but removing it completly ? i don't think that's wise. for example, you can disable it for presidents and their securities or add timers. stuff that helps the issue.

Offline Nazi

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 11:58:44 am »
nope, don't remove it.
my reasoning might be generic, but i always like to have variety in the game. TransFender is a good way to have fun. do car meets or etc. im NOT against adding restrictions but removing it completly ? i don't think that's wise. for example, you can disable it for presidents and their securities or add timers. stuff that helps the issue.
Mmm, thanks very much.
Me vs All

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 10:53:49 pm »
To be honest I've seen more people using Transfenders to hide than to actually tune their cars.
I haven't. I used to use it a lot when I wasn't a VIP- I'd add nitrous before I became President and park the car so I could use it when I respawned as President, for example.

I don't think it's a problem at all, given that I rarely see it, but this is much better than removing it:
I think it would be better if they could only use the Transfender for a short period of time- they have 15 seconds (with a visible countdown timer) to do mods, then they're ejected out of the shop or something and can't use the shop again for a certain period of time.
I think 20-30 seconds would be better if you're not the president, though.

Offline Nazi

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2017, 02:10:18 am »
To be honest I've seen more people using Transfenders to hide than to actually tune their cars.
I haven't. I used to use it a lot when I wasn't a VIP- I'd add nitrous before I became President and park the car so I could use it when I respawned as President, for example.

I don't think it's a problem at all, given that I rarely see it, but this is much better than removing it:
I think it would be better if they could only use the Transfender for a short period of time- they have 15 seconds (with a visible countdown timer) to do mods, then they're ejected out of the shop or something and can't use the shop again for a certain period of time.
I think 20-30 seconds would be better if you're not the president, though.
30 seconds seems like a reasonable time
Me vs All

Offline Shawkhawk did nothing wrong!

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 07:59:36 am »
To be honest, I too, used this trick many times when I just started playing on this server (I'm extremely sorry for that), so I know how you feel. I think it will be really nice if we have a timer, as many people here have already suggested, like for 30 sec, coz more than that will cause trouble for the guy waiting outside, as he/she will be a open target for people passing through the area while the guy inside is completely safe! and you can always get inside again if your vehicle modification is not complete yet.

Removing Transfender will be bad for people like me because sometimes ( not sometimes, most of the time really) I play to chill, like, to do some low riding with new people, etc. so, as I'm not vip yet, it would be impossible for me or new people tune our car.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:36:50 am by pistolstar »

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2017, 06:51:27 pm »
I've looked into it, tried some suggested solutions, but the only solution that will work is to put a fence in front of it. There's no way to kick someone out of a mod shop, except teleporting them, but teleporting will get the tune menu bugged for the player. So, the only solution I can think of is to put a fence in front of it (maybe we could limit it to people in classes, except civilians, so civilians could still use it). But, since it happens rarely, implementing this won't be a priority for now.

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2017, 08:28:08 pm »
Err..Just to add to the topic since this might Help. Had this earlier but PC problems lel. Just recovered this now so it's written much earlier than I am posting.

Today playing PTP, a group were in a sultan, follow them to kill them clear but they enter to a TransFender, and they did not leave until the map ended... the map was San Fierro...
My vote is +1... for elimination, thanks...

Sultan modding in a Transfender is Noobish in itself as a Player actually experienced with the game would Simply use a better alternative of Wheel Arch Angels and Loco Loco Low for Lowriders Where it offers better options and are accessed in a special interior.

Disable all of them not just one Transfender.

I agree, +1. There are Pay 'n' Sprays to fix your car, and if you want to tune it, consider buying VIP. As for me, Transfenders have no place in our gamemode, but they are very convenient for death evasion, so they should be removed. A solution could be removing opening garage door and adding static one....

I don't agree with your suggestion to purchase 20 Euros for a GTA SA Exclusive feature (III and VC didn't have it)

But I do understand your concern and hence I suggest this...

Make Outdoor Modshops one for each map (Atleast).

Utilize a Unique Ped or a Marker for a player to interact with and Mod one's Vehicle.

Reject the Player in a Transfender with a special message;

"Out of Commission/Too scared of PTP Action and Abuse, find the Local Mechanic near X area/point ''

I believe this is possible to be scripted.

-O Indoor Animation abuse won't be possible. No Interior to Access,No Teleporting to the Interior and hence No Abuse.

As for the Modshops, Just fence them or make the door static and simply reject the player with the special message formerly mentioned.

-O Modding Cars for people like Lvl1 YoMamas or Car Tuners like me would be posssible.

-O Would also fulfill the Flint County Modshop suggestion as suggested here https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=622.msg4479#msg4479 without scripting a Transfender/Pay N Spray building there.

PS. We need to do something about the Body Mods tho. They are fun to mod and I love to Mod the Sultan and Elegy with various Spoilers and Rimjobs to run away from Statswhoring Noobs.

I suggest for special places tho.

I strongly suggest to use the Doherty Garage in SF, Open it ; Remove the doors blocking the interior and place a Mechanic,Machine,Marker,etc there where one could near/into and Mod one's vehicle there.

Would be unique and fun.

RIP getting into Transfender on a vehicle roof and Diving into the map from above game height limit tho.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:34:07 pm by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 11:52:52 pm »

Utilize a Unique Ped or a Marker for a player to interact with and Mod one's Vehicle.

"Out of Commission/Too scared of PTP Action and Abuse, find the Local Mechanic near X area/point ''

Then assholes will be able kill you while you're modding, which would necessitate that the person modding would either have to be made invincible or teleported elsewhere as a fix. Same problem.

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 08:16:30 pm »

Then assholes will be able kill you while you're modding, which would necessitate that the person modding would either have to be made invincible or teleported elsewhere as a fix. Same problem.

Not really the same problem.

In a Transfender shop if the player doesn't abuse then he is more likely to get killed by a statswhoring asshole(Let his name be X for example) due to the release position being towards the front, forcing the modded car to reverse and then get out. Reversing is slower than forward acceleration and one can't get the Nitro boost while reversing.

X can literally jump on it while reversing or stay inside the garage and wait and then kill the Tuner.

Getting killed by a X just after you modded a car is worse than running away with a partially modded one.

In a non interior modshop one can utilize hotkeys to get the work done quick. Press Y to interact,Press the number for the respective option (barring the colors) and press Y again to purchase it.

All this stuff happens in Real Time so it really depends on one's typing speed.

I had an older solution which expanded on how to mod inside the garage a bit and how the the interior and nearby pay n spray might be utilized to escape while X hunts you.

But I analyzed the possibility of it being a more hard to script with not so much satisfactory results by all the members. So I came up with a more simpler solution to prevent Statswhoring by desperate Xs when one is Modding a car.

Apply a 2 minute No Jack, Full Proof Vehicle spawn protection.So one can mod and go out in peace.

Which will also make a workaround 'Timer Solution' as Most of the people on the topic threads have suggested, since the original solution wasn't foolproof as stated by Jonne earlier.

This will also work without a need to make a Doherty Garage like on map interior for Modshop. Which will make it more easy for the scripting team.

(We can discuss about the disablement of it in the last minutes to prevent abuse tho.)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:50:01 am by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 07:47:04 am »
I don't agree with your suggestion to purchase 20 Euros for a GTA SA Exclusive feature (III and VC didn't have it)
You don't pay 20 euros to have it. You pay 20 euros to get access to it on our server. Do you see the difference? GTA SA has a lot of interesting and exclusive features that, for one reason or another, have to be removed or restricted in our gamemode. The effects are visual, they increase the attractiveness of the VIP pack, I feel that it should remain this way.

You see, Lohit, your suggestion is interesting, but I don't think that it fits here. We add a lot of 'secondary' features just for fun such as animations recently, but you shouldn't forget that primarily it is a TDM gamemode, not a roleplay or party server. None of the ideas related to the modding shops solves the abuse problem when a person can spend as much time as he wants inside a shop to be out of reach of anyone else. Nor a single workaround seem to be neat.

So, if you want to tune a car here for your own pleasure, buy a VIP. I'll stick to my point of view. -1 for this one.

P.S.
I've looked into it, tried some suggested solutions, but the only solution that will work is to put a fence in front of it. There's no way to kick someone out of a mod shop, except teleporting them, but teleporting will get the tune menu bugged for the player. So, the only solution I can think of is to put a fence in front of it (maybe we could limit it to people in classes, except civilians, so civilians could still use it). But, since it happens rarely, implementing this won't be a priority for now.
I skipped this post that time. I'll look into it myself soon then.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2017, 09:27:28 am »
Certainly, I agree to this suggestion.

• pablo dicasso
Re: [To be added]Remove TransFender
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2018, 01:19:16 pm »
Weird, I forgot to reply to this. But due to some recent events I got reminded.

While I don't mind transfender bug to be taken care of, but simply fencing them with no workarounds is stupid.

Driving is one of the major things in PTP.
I don't think one should be forced to spend 20 Euros just for a Nitro and Hydraulics.
I mean it furthers the gap even more.

VIPs already have superior Nitro and Hydraulics.
No point in arguing that VIPs will suffer in any case,they won't.

Nitro: Can be spammed = Infinite Nitro Time + Acceleration workaround for better turning or drifting. Can be installed on every goddamn land vehicle except Bikes (excluding ATV).

Hydraulics: Can be applied on any land vehicle,obvious advantages include fixing low ground clearance and good suspension.

Non VIPs can't do this. I don't know why people don't realize the importance of Nitro and Hydraulics or are just ignoring it on purpose.

You see, Lohit, your suggestion is interesting, but I don't think that it fits here. We add a lot of 'secondary' features just for fun such as animations recently, but you shouldn't forget that primarily it is a TDM gamemode, not a roleplay or party server. None of the ideas related to the modding shops solves the abuse problem when a person can spend as much time as he wants inside a shop to be out of reach of anyone else. Nor a single workaround seem to be neat.

So, if you want to tune a car here for your own pleasure, buy a VIP. I'll stick to my point of view. -1 for this one.

Not sure if you didn't read what I posted just a message above you or I wasn't able to convey the message properly back then, my bad I guess.

The whole suggestion was meant to be exterior modding meaning the modding doesn't involve interior! No Interior means no interior bug abuse,simple.

Just ignore my stupid elaborate Doherty garage interior suggestion, just add a red checkpoint where one can perform the following filter-script I provided below.

CrazyBob's CnR Server already uses this and is effective. Maybe Deadman[PPLV] being a former CnR admin can help on this somehow?

and Yes,that does solve things:

No car abusing
Less time utilized
Faster Process
Minimal interruption in the game-mode flow
Will solve Tuning or Pay n Spray issues in County Maps

I fail to see how this is not effective in anyway.

FilterScript: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=378132&page=7

Example for
All that needs to be done is to limit the cmd to specific areas.

and let's please not pretend that Nitro and Hydraulics don't have an advantage in driving (to those who probably will.) and if you think so please play some driving servers without those features kkk?

and Yes, PTP is partly TDM but involves partial roleplay and survival, Driving is a major part. Let's not generalize it just to a TDM, PTP is PTP. Even the Gamemode type in SAMP client says that.

The effects are visual, they increase the attractiveness of the VIP pack, I feel that it should remain this way.

Predicted Response from a Random VIP: No, this will increase demand for VIP! Just pay 20 euroes for it then it's not much and support the server!

I doubt VIP Tuning gives the following:

Spoilers
Side Skirts
Paint Jobs
Bass Boost(Yes I do realize it's effect is minimal)
SoftTop/HardTop
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper

But if your favored suggestion gets implemented I would have access to none of them even with VIP, get a much watered down tuning kit for 20 Euros just to keep up with VIP vehicles.

Majority of tuning stuff is limited in the first place. It's stupid to limit it even more.

It will make this server look like Pay2Win shit which people hate these days, and that would in turn decrease the demands along with player satisfaction from the server.

It's blatantly stupid. I am not sure if you guys realize that Special Car Parts exist or not (seeing people dont know that vortex can even glide).

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:24:12 pm by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline (1)[H]nZ88

• VIP
  • Score: 33709
  • VIPs = Perfectly balanced, as all things should be
Re: [To be added]Remove TransFender
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2018, 02:09:56 pm »
While I don't mind transfender bug to be abused, but simply fencing them with no workarounds is stupid.

Driving is one of the major things in PTP.
I don't think one should be forced to spend 20 Euros just for a Nitro and Hydraulics.
I mean it furthers the gap even more.

Exactly my thoughts. I see more presidents abusing pause than mod garages, but a problem is nevertheless there and it can indeed be fixed with some new addition.
Anyways, I had a friend who tried PTP out because I asked him time and time again. And he did. And he quit, because according to him, the VIPs are "too OP".
When discussing the possible removal of TransFender ingame, I was told
We are making those features disable for other player to increase the demand of VIP
In my opinion, this is the wrong approach. I've seen talk of removing /holiday eng and decreasing the M4 skill for the police, which all just stinks of people trying to get snipers even stronger than they already are. With every change one should make sure that players are on a somewhat level playing field. If that is not the case, the non-vip playerbase will decrease and keep decreasing. If there's no non-vips then there's noone left to buy VIP, if that makes sense. I've dealt with the same issue in other games and I've seen servers where they massively overbuff VIPs which leads to a declining playerbase. In PlanB the VIPs are not that OP, but still a lil' too strong for my taste, but that can't be helped, perks for paying and all that.
Anyways, I read on some topic that someone said VIPs ought to be made a subscription based deal and while that also has several drawbacks, it's either that or stop "furthering the gap".
Anyways, good luck to management for dealing with this mess.
cunt