Author Topic: [To be added]Add opponent's vehicle health indicator in air duels  (Read 5920 times)

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
Here I am with simple suggestion that Management should add vehicle health indicator of opponent in air duels as air duel is all about beating opponents air vehicle down but sometimes it seems a bit curiosity that how long we have to fight. So for this purpose, I am suggesting a Vehicle health indicator of opponent's air vehicle in air duels.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 09:24:06 pm by Jonne »

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• Score: Unknown
  • pablo dicasso
Re: Add opponent's vehicle health indicator in air duels
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 07:07:23 pm »
I was thinking of this but honestly I think a good pilot should have a rough estimate of how much damage he has done.

I usually prefer /dl you only need to do 750 damage before it explodes on it's own anyway.

Neutral.

Will change to +1 if I get a more convincing reasoning
%

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:25:53 am »
I was thinking of this but honestly I think a good pilot should have a rough estimate of how much damage he has done.

I usually prefer /dl you only need to do 750 damage before it explodes on it's own anyway.

Neutral.

Will change to +1 if I get a more convincing reasoning
+1
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 08:26:22 pm »
+1

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 12:22:15 pm »
Guys I tried Lohit's idea today but its useless mostly because sometimes a player lags and he never gets damage as he needs and duel gets soo long in predicting the hp of opponent's airplane. Therefore what I think that I should stick to my idea as Lohit's /dl idea failed.

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 10:16:01 am »
Well, Rockets aren't lag comped to begin with so yeah it's a double edged sword: You get dominance in Air vs Ground but it is annoying in Air vs Air.

You have to aim to it's possible trajectory or just to the auto lock missile because that's what it boils down to eventually.

Might be useful in Rustler vs Rustler but bullets ARE Lagcomped.

Then I thought that maybe using /dl would instead be problematic instead if we are in a vehicle heavy area, and /dl being a 3d text will certainly be distractful.

Idk let's give it a try. +1 but still would prefer to not have it in a simplistic way where the indicator makes it easier for the noobs to compete with people who actually have good perception and estimation like Megapilot.

(PS I am not one).

« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 12:35:08 pm by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 138973
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 10:47:11 am »
+1
Not bad
 ;D ;)

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 11:52:44 am »
Great! +1  ;)
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Bannn.

• Score: 1441
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 02:04:29 pm »
+1

Offline IDAN

• VIP
  • PPLV <3
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 05:41:13 am »
+1
Good idea.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 07:46:18 am »
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Sometimes the ambiguity can make things more interesting, but it's also nice to know if you're actually hitting, and how you're doing it. I think having the indicator by default, but being able to start a dogfight without it (maybe an option for the existing command) would be best. I think being able to mix-and-match aircraft is more important though (so things like Hunter vs. Rustler duels are possible).

This isn't right. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think just about the only things that are actually lagcomped are bullets from foot to anything else, and bullets from someone drivebying with G to anything else (as a vague rule of thumb, generally any bullets shot with an aiming reticule).

Things that are not lagcomped:
  • Bullets from drivebying as a driver, which leads to the idiotic situation where someone on foot can skinshoot you, but you have to lead aim as a driver. Amaze your friends by destroying them with lead-aiming in driveby duels!
  • Rockets in general
  • Bullets from Rustlers, Sea Sparrows, Hunters, Predators, have a weird sort-of auto-aim-ish thing they do, so it can seem like they are lagcomped since the stream of bullets sometimes pulls towards targets instead of shooting straight ahead. However, they are not lagcomped, as you can see in this video from my guide (at the the part when I shoot Gargola down, I'm not hitting him in my game because I'm aiming far enough ahead that I'm hitting him in his)
This is why I don't think lagcomp belongs in PTP. It makes people on foot way too powerful- it doesn't make sense in a server as vehicle-centric as this one.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:52:02 am by YoMama »

Offline Menace

• VIP
  • Score: 121326
  • Menace 2 Society
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 07:25:27 pm »
+1

Offline Captain

• 404 Not Found?
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 12:27:03 pm »
+1
,--,---. 
/==/ - ` \
\==\/\ - |
 `--`/ `/ 
  |==|  | 
  `--`--` 
    .=.   
   :=; :   
    `=`

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 04:29:14 pm »
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Sometimes the ambiguity can make things more interesting, but it's also nice to know if you're actually hitting, and how you're doing it. I think having the indicator by default, but being able to start a dogfight without it (maybe an option for the existing command) would be best. I think being able to mix-and-match aircraft is more important though (so things like Hunter vs. Rustler duels are possible).

This isn't right. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think just about the only things that are actually lagcomped are bullets from foot to anything else, and bullets from someone drivebying with G to anything else (as a vague rule of thumb, generally any bullets shot with an aiming reticule).

Things that are not lagcomped:
  • Bullets from drivebying as a driver, which leads to the idiotic situation where someone on foot can skinshoot you, but you have to lead aim as a driver. Amaze your friends by destroying them with lead-aiming in driveby duels!
  • Rockets in general
  • Bullets from Rustlers, Sea Sparrows, Hunters, Predators, have a weird sort-of auto-aim-ish thing they do, so it can seem like they are lagcomped since the stream of bullets sometimes pulls towards targets instead of shooting straight ahead. However, they are not lagcomped, as you can see in this video from my guide (at the the part when I shoot Gargola down, I'm not hitting him in my game because I'm aiming far enough ahead that I'm hitting him in his)
This is why I don't think lagcomp belongs in PTP. It makes people on foot way too powerful- it doesn't make sense in a server as vehicle-centric as this one.
So you want to improvise air duels and enhance its gameplay with your points you have stated?

Offline Magic

• VIP
  • Score: 42169
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 10:23:42 pm »
+1 its need a try