Author Topic: [Added]Vehicle surfing changes  (Read 18240 times)

Offline IceBreaker

• Score: Unknown
  • ARR DEE ICE BEE
    • Rubber Ducks Clan
Re: Surf thing
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2020, 08:16:42 am »
If the people who code can make it so that a civilian can be damaged by anyone/anything, anywhere, the problem will solve itself naturally, is that possible?

The beauty of the civ class is to pretend you a protecting the president and then backstab him when no one looks

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2020, 12:41:31 pm »
+1
Just remove this idiocy.It's a part of the game that one can jump onto the car.I don't really see any problems.
If I'm a civilian and want to help the presidential side,I cannot get onto their car now,and I'm basically useless in that position.
And the possible limit of surfing if you harm someone is bad,that should only apply to bullet dmg because desynced damaged that one receives from,say,a vehicle,can be attributed to someone nearby who has nothing to do with infliction.

This PTP 'culture', which discourages killing on a TDM server, is worth laughs and tears.
It seems like you just want everyone to play the way you play, which is not right. As long as no one is breaking the rules, let them play however they want to play. Let people have fun however they want to have fun.

And this rule is just stupid. Please remove it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 12:42:54 pm by Carg »
Let's roll

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2020, 02:18:37 pm »
I don't think it should be removed, but we need to make it a bit more permissive. It's a real problem when you only want to hop on the enemy's car to finish them. Maybe a time limit would be enough to make this possible. For example, removing the surfer only after 5 seconds. That should be more than enough time to finish an enemy in most situations.

This restriction was implemented to stop terrorists from giving rides to cops and vice-versa. Also, some civilians were taking advantage of their friends' team protection, using it as a Joker card to escape from dangerous situations. In extreme cases, I've even witnessed vice-presidents chasing presidents with sniping civilians on top of their cars.

This kind of behavior is never fair for the other side. How is security supposed to stop vice-president's car packed with hostile civilians trying to kill the president? Security can't damage the car, and they can't damage civilians if the distance is long enough so they are only in sniper range (players surfing an occupied vehicle can't be damaged with snipers).

Of course, we could just remove the system and let the staff punish drivers who engage in this kind of anti-team play. But it's not going to be nearly as effective, as we are only going to catch a small percentage of all team block cases, and it's an open door for disputes, people who think the punishment is too severe, and endless forum drama.

It's not a secret that Jonne's strategy is to make everything as automated as possible, so there's almost nothing left to an admin's subjective decisions. Prevention of spawn-kill is almost fully automated, same with team-shooting or the "no vice and presi in the same car" rule. We should just see this as another step in the process to automate rule enforcement.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline The iBen

• VIP
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2020, 03:24:48 pm »
If the rule is going to stay, can you make an exception for iBen Bus Tours Inc?

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2020, 03:29:44 pm »
I don't think it should be removed, but we need to make it a bit more permissive. It's a real problem when you only want to hop on the enemy's car to finish them. Maybe a time limit would be enough to make this possible. For example, removing the surfer only after 5 seconds. That should be more than enough time to finish an enemy in most situations.

This restriction was implemented to stop terrorists from giving rides to cops and vice-versa. Also, some civilians were taking advantage of their friends' team protection, using it as a Joker card to escape from dangerous situations. In extreme cases, I've even witnessed vice-presidents chasing presidents with sniping civilians on top of their cars.

This kind of behavior is never fair for the other side. How is security supposed to stop vice-president's car packed with hostile civilians trying to kill the president? Security can't damage the car, and they can't damage civilians if the distance is long enough so they are only in sniper range (players surfing an occupied vehicle can't be damaged with snipers).

Of course, we could just remove the system and let the staff punish drivers who engage in this kind of anti-team play. But it's not going to be nearly as effective, as we are only going to catch a small percentage of all team block cases, and it's an open door for disputes, people who think the punishment is too severe, and endless forum drama.

It's not a secret that Jonne's strategy is to make everything as automated as possible, so there's almost nothing left to an admin's subjective decisions. Prevention of spawn-kill is almost fully automated, same with team-shooting or the "no vice and presi in the same car" rule. We should just see this as another step in the process to automate rule enforcement.

Couldn’t have been said any better, I was 50/50 on this, you’re actually right. If a 5 seconds timer is implemented this would be a great solution. 👍🏻

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2020, 04:08:53 pm »

It's not a new rule, it has existed for almost a year.

No teamshooting or spawnkilling
- You are not allowed to help the opposing team in any way.

The only change is that now it's automatically enforced. Nothing else.

As far as I know, you do your Bus Tours as a civilian. Everybody can surf vehicles driven by civilians, so there should be no problems with that.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2020, 04:31:14 pm »

It's not a new rule, it has existed for almost a year.

No teamshooting or spawnkilling
- You are not allowed to help the opposing team in any way.

The only change is that now it's automatically enforced. Nothing else.

As far as I know, you do your Bus Tours as a civilian. Everybody can surf vehicles driven by civilians, so there should be no problems with that.
The fact is Civilian used to be friendly & enemy for each class even in the civilian class, they can be friend or enemy. So that rule was not for civilians before the issue you had with some civ weeks ago.  That rule was for Terrs and cops..

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2020, 06:31:21 pm »

i wonder what you mean by this ''fair'' in a team death match , 1 terrorist vs 2 cops is unfaire too,a president with 2 secs vs 5 terrorists is unfair too, we hadn't any problems for civilians class for more then 10 years .
the only ''problem'' that was in the past that we coudn't kill a civilian when he get in other class's car ,and it has been solved before .
No need for any of this,you are just making things more complicated,let civilians team up with any class just solve the bug that we can't shoot them in same team mate's car .and punish team class's carparking or ramming .
What could a civil do when he get in another car's team ? run ? is this unfair ?
what you want guys is 1vs 1 wich is impossible in a TDM.
The fact is Civilian used to be friendly & enemy for each class even in the civilian class, they can be friend or enemy. So that rule was not for civilians before the issue you had with some civ weeks ago.  That rule was for Terrs and cops..
this is it, she is just searching for excuse to justify her abuse against popcorn's case wich she had to get punished for it .
https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=2560.msg22569#msg22569
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 06:39:47 pm by Arabiane »

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2020, 06:16:27 am »
Makes me laugh, how much we have already moved away from the original gamemode that everyone was happy with when this server first launched.

This needs to be removed.

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline JetPack

• VIP
  • Score: 8318
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2020, 06:57:55 am »
++ 1 1 1

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2020, 10:15:36 am »

i wonder what you mean by this ''fair'' in a team death match , 1 terrorist vs 2 cops is unfaire too,a president with 2 secs vs 5 terrorists is unfair too, we hadn't any problems for civilians class for more then 10 years .
the only ''problem'' that was in the past that we coudn't kill a civilian when he get in other class's car ,and it has been solved before .
No need for any of this,you are just making things more complicated,let civilians team up with any class just solve the bug that we can't shoot them in same team mate's car .and punish team class's carparking or ramming .
What could a civil do when he get in another car's team ? run ? is this unfair ?
what you want guys is 1vs 1 wich is impossible in a TDM.
this is it, she is just searching for excuse to justify her abuse against popcorn's case wich she had to get punished for it .
https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=2560.msg22569#msg22569
Agreed.This doesn't concern the civilians.If there are teamkillers,just disable the terrorists from climbing the cop cars and the opposite,and that's about it.Why disable civilian surfing when it could be a way to protect or kill the president?
The issue isn't about the ability to surf a car and make use of it to kill someone,if I understand well,but rather enemy teams surfing together.
If a vice surfs with civilians,then simply disable that protection for their vehicle and that's it.

So it wasn't a bug or lag that I couldn't hit people on vehicles with sniper?Hmm okay.
Let's roll

Offline sk

• VIP
  • Score: 58576
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2020, 04:13:48 pm »
Makes me laugh, how much we have already moved away from the original gamemode that everyone was happy with when this server first launched.

This needs to be removed.
Couldnt have said it better.

Offline Tochy

• VIP
  • Score: 45905
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2020, 06:57:13 pm »
+

Offline Great_Khali

• VIP
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2020, 12:44:32 pm »
Although what Mia did was not a punishment. Nobody was punished. She just fixed the situation where a civilian was escaping the fight he was engaged in, the same way as we fix those who hide inside the textures. I agree that the way she did it is not perfect.

First of all civilians were never a point of concern as "skilled" guys like you could kill them easily even if surfing on top of vehicle.

A new rule was created by Mia & she decided to drop a guy & kill him {With help of admin powers after dropping} And you say that she "Fixed" the situation.I Don't see difference between Tenshi & Mia here .

Whatever i wont agree with you or vice-versa .

Anti teamshooting script was added because of random newbies who could not play well, same way a random script is added on server after an admin screwed up his/her powers.

why should we not surf on vehicles .. & most cases when someone is about to run us over , we hop on a vehicle and finish them. you guys are taking the gaming spirit out of this game sadly.

+1
plz remove this thing & Plz Make a rule not to punish for surfing . if you are driving alone chasing surfers , then back off and choose a way to remove the surfers {Rustlers etc} instead of using admin powers or scripts on us..

Offline IceBreaker

• ARR DEE ICE BEE
    • Rubber Ducks Clan
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2020, 02:00:56 pm »
Another crucial surfing point is that civilians could jump on a terror/cop's vehicle to avoid being driveby'd to death and it was a pretty awesome mechanic where the terror would have to get out and face you otherwise he dies, sadly now it doesn't exist to the advantage of terrors/cops/secs. + you could troll the cop/terror by sitting in his car, he would eventually kill you but still

We have everyone agreeing but 2 admins with conflict of interest and we cannot do anything, do you see problem with this, Jonne?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 02:09:43 pm by IceBreaker »