Author Topic: [SAMP bug]Damage system bug? Bullets going through walls,cars,etc  (Read 8296 times)

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• Score: Unknown
  • pablo dicasso
I don't engage in combat that much, but I do recall some weird instances of damage.

Yesterday I heard Srex say Haunt3r was shooting through walls,cars,etc.

and in new update section Sniper is shooting through walls,cars,etc.

Made this post so others can give input cuz people are mad about saw and shit but no one was discussing this.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 11:32:47 pm by Quido »
%

Offline Scott_

• Mod
  • Score: 148392
Re: Damage system bug? Bullets going through walls,cars,etc
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 10:07:31 am »
In this update distance are pretty weird like in SF map, from cop spawn to main armour its 150 distance but from cop spawn to top of tower its 350 i guess. Anyways previously because of my resolution i couldn't get 200+ distance hits but after update i can hit players max distance like 372 :p and about your wall and car thing is pretty simple, from far in sniper screen you are not actually behind the car, when you park the car and hide behind it and you get shots then there are 2 cases, first when you park the car and hide behind it that time in sniper screen car is moving for a while when you exit it, so they see you that you are just couching in open tho. Second in both screen you are behind the car so they shoot you through under the car. And about wall, yesterday i realized in Red country, UFO area if i snipe from far so building disappears and only skin appears, i was about to shoot to check but map ended, so i guess you got your answer.

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 10:11:41 am »
In this update distance are pretty weird like in SF map, from cop spawn to main armour its 150 distance but from cop spawn to top of tower its 350 i guess. Anyways previously because of my resolution i couldn't get 200+ distance hits but after update i can hit players max distance like 372 :p and about your wall and car thing is pretty simple, from far in sniper screen you are not actually behind the car, when you park the car and hide behind it and you get shots then there are 2 cases, first when you park the car and hide behind it that time in sniper screen car is moving for a while when you exit it, so they see you that you are just couching in open tho. Second in both screen you are behind the car so they shoot you through under the car. And about wall, yesterday i realized in Red country, UFO area if i snipe from far so building disappears and only skin appears, i was about to shoot to check but map ended, so i guess you got your answer.

Ah, interesting read.Thanks for the info, that some screwed up shit lol. Any probable solutions to correct this? Shooting from under the car is fine, but adjusting targets based on drawdistance is too OP.
%

Offline Satvik

• VIP
  • Score: 11218
  • Banned!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 10:43:19 am »
In this update distance are pretty weird like in SF map, from cop spawn to main armour its 150 distance but from cop spawn to top of tower its 350 i guess. Anyways previously because of my resolution i couldn't get 200+ distance hits but after update i can hit players max distance like 372 :p

Hmm, a hypotenuse is the longest side of a right-angled triangle.

C= Cop spawn, T= Tower , A=Armour.

Example

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 10:48:33 am by Satvik »

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 11:18:40 am »
I got a video if you want, I faced the same issue where I thought it is possible wall hacks until someone told me it is due to the latest update, anyways if you want the video just tell me. It was in SF map, I was hiding at nades behind the wall and the other guy was in main armor near the bridge.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Haunter

• VIP
  • Score: 65001
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 11:59:21 am »
Bullets are allowed to go through car windows and beneath the car where there's little space for the legs to be visible however any instances in where you see it going through the mainframe of the car could be due to scenario's mentioned above by Nero. Also it's scarcely rare that you would get to meet a real "wall hacker" or an aimbotter that's able to damage you when you're hidden behind solid wall, so that's nothing to really worry about - he'll get banned quickly or soon enough in the worst scenario.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 12:02:07 pm by Haunter »

Offline Spici_Popot

• VIP
  • "Pooped" Or "FuckOff"
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 11:59:54 am »
I got a video if you want, I faced the same issue where I thought it is possible wall hacks until someone told me it is due to the latest update, anyways if you want the video just tell me. It was in SF map, I was hiding at nades behind the wall and the other guy was in main armor near the bridge.

What are you waiting for Queen , my apologies
CHAINSAW KING

Offline Kelik

• Mod
  • Score: 36056
  • I have an offer you can't refuse.
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 01:50:19 pm »
I love killing people when they're sawing on top of the tower, I snipe them where the 'Euros' Car is spawned. Some of them reported me that I have wall hacks and aimbot(mostly noobs). I sniped Mive there and he was surprised by me lol. I showed him where I was currently shooting and he liked it and I showed them to some players too.

What I think that some of us can shoot through walls because it depends on what's in his/her screen. Example, I was hiding behind a car and Lohit is shooting me with sniper. From my point of view, I was on left side of the car but for Lohit's view I was slightly see at the car so I think it's ping/sync/lag. I don't know all of this but I already experienced that always when the new damage system is introduced.

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 07:39:07 am »

Sure go ahead. More info the better

Bullets are allowed to go through car windows and beneath the car where there's little space for the legs to be visible however any instances in where you see it going through the mainframe of the car could be due to scenario's mentioned above by Nero. Also it's scarcely rare that you would get to meet a real "wall hacker" or an aimbotter that's able to damage you when you're hidden behind solid wall, so that's nothing to really worry about - he'll get banned quickly or soon enough in the worst scenario.

I have tried hitting people through windows, doesn't work, nor does it make sense cause classic SAMP invincible car bug. Hitting through spaces however is fine and makes sense and also common. Yeah not worried much about real hackers, just that even normal regulars are looking like hackers and stuff.

One affirmed is that its based on draw distance, thats screwed really (Although in general peds disappear BEFORE Car LODs, unless mods are used) . Any idea how to solve this? I want to suggest limit sniper distance but that wont make much sense nor a viable practical solution really
%

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2019, 02:20:42 pm »

Sure go ahead. More info the better

I have tried hitting people through windows, doesn't work, nor does it make sense cause classic SAMP invincible car bug. Hitting through spaces however is fine and makes sense and also common. Yeah not worried much about real hackers, just that even normal regulars are looking like hackers and stuff.

One affirmed is that its based on draw distance, thats screwed really (Although in general peds disappear BEFORE Car LODs, unless mods are used) . Any idea how to solve this? I want to suggest limit sniper distance but that wont make much sense nor a viable practical solution really

I'll PM you.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Menace

• VIP
  • Score: 119472
  • Menace 2 Society
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2019, 01:30:16 am »
Na thats how the system is

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 04:19:54 pm »

So, basically the wall will not be visible from that distance but the player will be visible and so due to that, players will be able to receive bullets even though they are hiding behind a wall in their screen.
Here's the proof for it but it might be something else, I am not very sure even now.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 04:21:41 pm by Faro0s »

Since 2010.

Offline GhOstZ

• VIP
  • Score: 57722
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2019, 12:27:28 am »
So still nothing ? We still have to face this bugs every day couse of this bad system.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2019, 12:11:26 pm »
Yes, not only in one area but in many areas the same bug occurs.

Since 2010.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2019, 11:34:05 pm »
I have just added an extra check to the sniper, to prevent bullets going through walls as in Fares' video. Now, for cars, you have to keep in mind that not everyone sees the car in the same position. An easy example is when you fall off a bike with a passenger, you'll usually both go another direction, until one person gets on it, then the other person sees the bike 'teleport'. So, vehicle positions aren't synced 100% in SAMP, that means hiding behind a vehicle is not always a good idea (the other player might see the vehicle in another position, and have a clear shot on you). This fix doesn't work on vehicles, only objects, so keep that in mind.