Author Topic: /Event Suggestions + /Holiday LC Suggestion  (Read 3485 times)

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• Score: Unknown
  • pablo dicasso
/Event Suggestions + /Holiday LC Suggestion
« on: January 21, 2018, 06:18:50 pm »
So this year I mostly got to know admins and how they deal with events.

Now I do realize /event is not a priority. But whenever a event happens the following problems take out the interest and gives a lack of players or boredom,annoyance,etc.

The Problems:

Communication Problems

90% of the Time, Admins face problems in conveying a proper message or receiving a suggestion.

Since A Single Line of text won't be visible and PM spam will eventually lead to /blockpm.

and there are sometimes during an event where teams cannot be differentiated unless it's a Cops vs Terros event.
Conversations from the Event to the Global or Teamchat such as giving Id or anything else blocks the regular convo of the orignal gamemode.

For this I have a simple solution:

/JoinEvent Cmd

and Event Chat.

This should have the following features.

Special noise like the PM beep if a Admin delivers a particular announcement.

Ability to have /color chats for teams,these chats should either be censored or not visible to other colors.

Stats Whoring,Accidental deaths,etc:

Enable SpawnProtection for this.

Spectating :

Now whenever an event happens. The participants can't watch the ongoing event when they die unless a certain admin thinks of it and decides to spawn them at a spectating point.

So a particular place should be made where the participants can watch the event and SP should be enabled to prevent statswhoring and further fiasco.

Now moving onto /holiday lc.

I appreciate the map and the addition of the Bistro Interior to it with the Christmas Decorations and Theme, Former Admin Mr.Cobra added.

But there are certain issues to it.

Retain Spawn Protection in LC

There area often times when players try to enjoy the place,certain regulars join in and decide to ruin the fun and kill everyone.

I tried hosting a CMM event with GlennN once,got around 6-7 players and then 2 regular VIP players joined and started /sawing everybody at spawning area and at the door where you get TP'd to access the interior, and for the case in point those were not in LoD and for a matter of fact their Clans hated the LoDs, while doing the same shiz here.

Disabling SP should be optional just in case players genuinely want to battle in that interior,which I agree is quite unique.

Expand the Map a little

The Map is rather very short and badly mapped on the exterior in terms of collision.

The Left side is blocked by a Invisible barrier and the further road down is abruptly blocked by the same.

If possible can those be mapped to be solid? and the remaining area be blocked off with fencing and invisible barrier combo.

As of the street further down just make a barrier out of decorations.

There should also be a ramp or stairs that connect the alley downstairs to the rooftop of the bistro.

Further sides of the alley towards the right are just surrounded by lights, add some more decorations.

and presents are just good but it feels bland. The announcement challenges us to find the presents,there's nothing special in those boxes.

Maybe add something special upon finding those?

%

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
Re: /Event Suggestions + /Holiday LC Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 06:36:48 pm »
Everything you said is irrelevant to gm

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 06:42:30 pm »
Everything you said is irrelevant to gm

Yes sir, because events and /holiday lc should be GM related rite?
%

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 09:11:28 pm »
/event will be good choice but I doN't know how its needed for PTP. Because events are the point which are not can be set always. Because this server is not like freeroam you know. A tdm server which has own gamemode. I think not needed /event.

About /Holiday LC:

It was created for the holiday session. I tried to block some areas with invisible objects, put some trees, lights, opened back little street way for a living LC soul in winter time there. I made possible you guys to travel the places which is possible far as I can. I mean, you guys playing in final version now. Let me show with screens:

This is LC Map (Which you see)

This is the areas where you able to walk on (Enabled COLs)

So this is the place we can use (without falling to underground from texture glitches)

It is not possible to expand the map more than as it's now.

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 02:54:36 am »
/event will be good choice but I doN't know how its needed for PTP. Because events are the point which are not can be set always. Because this server is not like freeroam you know. A tdm server which has own gamemode. I think not needed /event.

About /Holiday LC:

It was created for the holiday session. I tried to block some areas with invisible objects, put some trees, lights, opened back little street way for a living LC soul in winter time there. I made possible you guys to travel the places which is possible far as I can. I mean, you guys playing in final version now. Let me show with screens:

So this is the place we can use (without falling to underground from texture glitches)

Exactly.  Well said Cobra

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72355
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 07:25:41 am »
/holiday LC command is disabled now. And for events, as COBRA said, we don't have events everyday, so I don't think this is needed.

Offline Magic

• VIP
  • Score: 42169
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 11:36:18 am »
-1. but about the cmd of event "/joinevent" and the SP +1

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 01:13:32 pm »
About /Holiday LC:

Ah,Thanks for the information,Cobra. I see, so not much can be done to expand it.

So maybe we can still use some fencing and decorations before the invisible walls just to make it feel a bit more genuine ?
%

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 02:12:49 pm »
Ofcourse fences can be used better but do you want to make a duel area or something like that?

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 03:55:26 pm »
Ofcourse fences can be used better but do you want to make a duel area or something like that?

I won't mind to duel in the whole map tbh. Very interesting to duel in considering it has a mixture of Floors,Stairs,Alley's,etc.

But for that a separate virtual world. Maybe we could add this as an extension to the 'More Duel Arena' suggestions and allow access to this in holiday seasons.

What plans do ya have Cobra?
%

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 05:41:27 pm »
Bumping this because the recent RD event was unorganized and suffered from problems that could've been solved by some of these.
%

Offline lax

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 07:06:33 am »
I told this idea to toyu

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 11:05:36 am »
I had this idea in mind since 3-4 months lel
%

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 11:06:56 pm »
The event system will be expanded in the future, but it's not a priority for now.

We'll look into the LC map when it's available again in the future.