Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 5622 times)

Offline Santa Claus is coming to town

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Professional tea drinker & shit stirrer
Suggestions
« on: November 14, 2016, 11:29:30 pm »
1) Smaller maps only when the player count drops below 20
I often join the server late at night and it has ~20 players, now, if it is a small map this isn't a problem. If it's a big map where you have to drive a lot to reach other players (NSA, Flint County etc) I saw that the player count will drop by half 99% of the time. This in my opinion, makes it less enjoyable. Player count gets to 10 and then people don't join the server since theres not enough players. ...Well, that's just my high-pothesis.

2) Allow users to change their names 2-3 times a month to allow users to join/leave clans without bothering level 5 all the time. I say 2-3 times so that people just can't change usernames every day and mess with other players. 
With a command to see the past 5 nicknames used by a player, it would be useful I think.
Suggested earlier today: http://jonne.be/forum/index.php?topic=534.0

3) Colts 45 option for civilians so that they are able to move and shoot to counterfuck the fast skins swirly VIPs in the server. I often see VIPs in groups chasing unsuspecting new players, and especially civilians driving to airport (near spawns in WV) or for armour.

If the civilian isn't moving, 4 sawnoffs shots and he is dead.
If the civilian isn't moving, a fast skin swirlyman with UZIs will kill him under 5 seconds.
If the civilian IS moving, combat shotgun will just fuck him up to Venus.
The deagle is powerful, yes, but cannot be matched to the fastskin UZI swirling guys that are chasing those new players who are just driving around discovering.

If you stop moving to aim with deagle while a cop/terro is shooting at you with UZI you will never win. Colts kinda brings it up a notch without making it too powerful.

I suggest either adding a command to switch to Colt45 from the default Deagle or make it interchangeable. /deagle and /colts for civilians only.

--- 2 out of 3 suggestions were already a thing in the old PTP, and there were no problems. I'm looking to discuss, so please make complete sentences to express what could go wrong - if you're capable.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 02:05:26 pm by Jonne »
Thanks Obama.

Offline Sani

• VIP
  • BEST SPREE IN PTP 151!!! :D
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 12:28:08 am »
1. NO
2.NO
3.HELL NO

-1 to all of that ^

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 12:46:14 am »
1. NO
2.NO
3.HELL NO

-1 to all of that ^

...Care to elaborate? What issues do you see happening with those suggestions?
Thanks Obama.

Offline 𝙎𝙢𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙉

• VIP
  • Score: 4767
  • Dime? Como es que se llena un corazón vació♫
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 02:08:30 am »
1. NO
2.NO
3.HELL NO

-1 to all of that ^

x2
I became a fan once I saw your avatar yes +1

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 09:40:32 am »

x2

What exactly don't you agree with?

http://jonne.be/forum/index.php?topic=534.0
You suggested the name changing option yourself. 'Might wanna read the post itself before posting next time...
Thanks Obama.

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 11:29:50 am »
Suggestion 1: No
Suggestion 2: No
Suggestion 3: It's fine as long as we get colts by typing a cmd only, and can switch back to deagle with another cmd.

Offline Kathy

• VIP
  • Score: 7582
  • Why are you so obsessed with me?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 06:21:18 pm »

I suggest either adding a command to switch to Colt45 from the default Deagle or make it interchangeable. /deagle and /colts for civilians only.

+1 :D

The second one sounds cool, but if someone changes their name lots of time, you won't know who that person is.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:30:27 pm by Kathy »
Don't think about getting brave, sunshine! Don't test my patience!
I think It's time we show the lads how real women party.

Offline Satvik

• VIP
  • Score: 11218
  • Banned!
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 07:19:26 pm »

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 07:29:17 pm »
I often join the server late at night and it has ~20 players, now, if it is a small map this isn't a problem. If it's a big map where you have to drive a lot to reach other players (NSA, Flint County etc) I saw that the player count will drop by half 99% of the time. This in my opinion, makes it less enjoyable. Player count gets to 10 and then people don't join the server since theres not enough players. ...Well, that's just my high-pothesis.
-1. I can understand you, but, as for me, map pool shouldn't depend on players' count.

2) Allow users to change their names 2-3 times a month to allow users to join/leave clans without bothering level 5 all the time. I say 2-3 times so that people just can't change usernames every day and mess with other players. 
With a command to see the past 5 nicknames used by a player, it would be useful I think.
Suggested earlier today: http://jonne.be/forum/index.php?topic=534.0
+1. What can be easily automated, should be automated.

3) Colts 45 option for civilians so that they are able to move and shoot to counterfuck the fast skins swirly VIPs in the server. I often see VIPs in groups chasing unsuspecting new players, and especially civilians driving to airport (near spawns in WV) or for armour.

If the civilian isn't moving, 4 sawnoffs shots and he is dead.
If the civilian isn't moving, a fast skin swirlyman with UZIs will kill him under 5 seconds.
If the civilian IS moving, combat shotgun will just fuck him up to Venus.
The deagle is powerful, yes, but cannot be matched to the fastskin UZI swirling guys that are chasing those new players who are just driving around discovering.

If you stop moving to aim with deagle while a cop/terro is shooting at you with UZI you will never win. Colts kinda brings it up a notch without making it too powerful.

+1. Personally I didn't enjoy colts at all, but this would add more flexibility to civillians' gameplay.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 07:43:28 pm »
And make it double colts

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 12:30:24 am »
1. A whole new map would have to be created just for this, along with different places for vehicles. I don't like that idea. No, sorry.

2. Absolutely not, I would even push to 1 nick change per month. I would push that as a VIP feature as well. Or something similar to what PartyServer has, where nicknames are all linked together to an account when you add more of them, can be created and implemented.

3. Civilian class is fine the way it is and they don't need additional weapons.

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 01:34:32 am »
I don't like your first suggestion. I think the player count drops because so few people like those maps. I don't see why you'd use 45s instead of just switching teams, unless you're not a VIP and can't switch into another team (which is why I don't think there should be a limit on the terrorist class, or if there is a limit it should allow more terrorists than it does).

Or something similar to what PartyServer has...
Watch out, someone will report you for advertising...  ;)

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 12:21:09 am »
Based on the replies here and reasons already mentioned, this won't be added.

2) Allow users to change their names 2-3 times a month
This could be an option for the CP, or ingame later, where people could request a namechange with a command or on the CP, and then a level 5 just has to accept/deny the request. Then we could maybe automate the approval if some conditions are met. But that won't be anytime soon. To see old nicks of a player, you can just search him on the CP, and go to his profile.

3) Colts 45 option for civilians so that they are able to move and shoot
We'll continue this suggestion here: http://jonne.be/forum/index.php?topic=631.0