Author Topic: President Requriments  (Read 3891 times)

Offline indincive

• Score: Unknown
President Requriments
« on: November 15, 2016, 11:51:18 am »
My idea is simple, to become president you need to have at least 10 hours gameplay, or the time can be modified upon other people opinions

Why? its because most president who just join like "new" players becomes president and dont know what to do or even how to corporate the duty

This would become more fun, because when ever there is a "new president" its just boring and they tend to either hack, commit suicide or else just act like a complete Muppet.

Thanks.

Offline Alcor

• VIP
Re: President Requriments
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 12:23:28 pm »
this idea is good if we had a larger player base

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 12:43:50 pm »
We need a simple explaination like a scripted movie made by pictures or a menu of how the gm works in our lovely server before being able to spawn and play. Like showing the spawns of every class, and their duties + weapons, and armor spawns. I've seen this before and its very useful for first time players or newbies
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 12:46:38 pm by Finisher »

Offline indincive

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 12:57:10 pm »
yes this is brilliant idea ^ because obviously if i was new to this server, i would need to play for some time so i can understand how to play as a president, but i learn because i watched others, and been a member before long time back. so simply when ever a new players joins " Owner" just give them a short breif video on how to play and what not to do, i know there is a command which lets you see how to play, but if i was new, i would not understand or locate this command. and also when they join them a dialogue stating the " rules" the expectations" and etc what i said above

cheers,

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 01:54:06 pm »
no
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Luca_Brasi

• VIP
  • Miss me yet?
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 02:15:00 pm »
-1, noob presidents are part of the game just like noob securities, noob terrorists and noob cops.

this idea is good if we had a larger player base

This too

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 02:16:23 pm »
It's a good idea, it would also encourage players to keep playing if they want to try out being president. Unfortunately there aren't enough players, so most of the times there wouldn't be enough eligible presidents. So no, at least for the moment.
We can do what Fini said, explain the game in a more simple and graphic way and maybe in all the major languages. That'd make presis more likely to know what they are doing  :)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 03:41:45 pm by Aki »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Rage

• VIP
  • Score: 46597
  • ◢ ◤
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 02:39:16 pm »

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 07:46:58 pm »
I understand that it isn't funny at all when the president has no idea about what he is supposed to do, but, as for me, equal opportunities for everyone (but VIPs) must prevail. So, -1.

I agree that newbies must be probably given apprehensible instructions about how to act as a president. Maybe a textdraw should be displayed to lvl 0 players when they pick the president class before they can actually spawn.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 10:57:08 pm »
No, this will ruin the game for newbies who hear "protect the president".
If a particular newbie wants to be president, what's wrong with that ? We can't sinply say they are noobs. There are some new comers to the server from other servers which makes them a professional player and know know at least how to type /duty and /rules.
So i disagree with this topic.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 11:36:57 pm »
Not all newbies quit as president. Some make the game fun and challenging to catch them.

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 01:33:40 am »
The first time I played in this server, I went for president- I immediately died, but it got me hooked. I view the noobs as challenges for the security team, rather than a problem. I don't think there should be any restrictions on who can be the president.

Offline indincive

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 08:27:40 pm »
BUMP :D

Offline Niks

• VIP
  • Score: 67011
  • GgT <3
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2016, 08:55:09 pm »
No,
I think when the president losses first time, the next 15 minutes are enough for him to recognise what to do, afterall you have to run for your life....morover

We need a simple explaination like a scripted movie made by pictures or a menu of how the gm works in our lovely server before being able to spawn and play. Like showing the spawns of every class, and their duties + weapons, and armor spawns. I've seen this before and its very useful for first time players or newbies
It will help alot, great idea

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2016, 10:18:57 pm »
No, because some pro newbie comes to server from another server to check hows the gamemode and then he makes an awesome presidental duty. Newbies doesn't mean they are all noobs :/ -1

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..