Author Topic: Amour-shooting  (Read 24019 times)

Offline StuLenS

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Amour-shooting
« on: August 18, 2016, 09:01:30 am »
I really like this server, it's very cool. But there is one thing that annoys me: Amour-shooting
I m sick of these players that kills me at amour before I can even refill amour. The worst thing is that they are camping there. I mean, you'll almost never have a chance to play this game, cuz they mostly use double as advantage aswell. I prefer that Amour-shooting shouldnt be allowed. Please make it as a new rule.

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
Re: Amour-shooting
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 09:16:15 am »
One of the major causes of all the drama in the old server, was the "no armor shooting" rule.
This sums up perfectly why the "no armor shooting" rule wasn't the right solution:
Armor camping was really a problem, and armor fighting prohibition looked like a really good solution. But in practice it turned out that this solution causes even more troubles (drama and useless bans). So it was better to exclude some situation than to punish everyone who's causing this situation.
So Jonne came up with a new solution: multiple armor spawns. In every map there are now 3 armor spawns (even more in NSA). This way if you want to avoid the fighting at the "main" armor spawn, you can just go to a different one. To me, this is a perfect solution. If you don't share my thoughts just think about all the drama and useless bans of players in the old server.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:20:03 am by Uthar_Smith »

Offline StuLenS

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 10:12:54 am »
Alright, didnt know about 3 Amours in every map.

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 12:24:35 pm »
want to add just something that if jonne can show us a map with all armor places in it please. cause when we play the game armor places doesn't appear on mini map, unless you're near them .

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 12:45:00 pm »

Offline Epps™

• VIP
  • Score: 21694
  • sha sha sha
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 12:54:52 pm »

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 10:24:06 pm »
Check this: http://imgur.com/gallery/ddW9m
Good job. I think this should be placed somewhere to the foreground, it will help newbies to accustom to our gamemode. Probably a link to these screenshots should be even added to the top navigation panel along with IRC link.

P.S. Amour shooting should be really prohibited. We still don't have much love on the server unfortunately... ;D
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Fimpen

• Former Head Admin
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 10:27:19 am »
We have this awesome page called Control panel. Where you can view your ingame stats, maps and so on.

http://jonne.be/cp - Login with your ingame name/password.

In the top right corner. You find a button that looks like an ! . Click that and you will find info on all the maps. Vehicle location, health/armor pickups and so on.

http://jonne.be/cp/map.php?map=2 Like this one.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 02:36:56 pm »
I don't like that unregistered players have no access for this map. It probably makes some sense, because it should also stimulate newbies to register, but still I don't like it. Anyways, I can't see if there is an explicit link to CP somewhere on the foreground, so maybe it should be added to the navigation panel?
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Savant

• VIP
  • Score: 2175
  • Dahulukan Adab, baru Ilmu
    • Manhaj Salaf
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 01:15:14 pm »
its better for the newbie/unregistered player when login to the server, the server will shows all the new rules so they can read before they can act!  :)

Offline manitupuma

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 12:57:49 pm »
I think this is for new player shit. All New Player or Bad Player by Armour Spwan = Killed. I think so Please DONT Camping/Figthing by ARMOR/Spwan. For the Game Fun. 

Offline TreePuncher

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 02:11:31 pm »
One of the major causes of all the drama in the old server, was the "no armor shooting" rule.
This sums up perfectly why the "no armor shooting" rule wasn't the right solution:
Armor camping was really a problem, and armor fighting prohibition looked like a really good solution. But in practice it turned out that this solution causes even more troubles (drama and useless bans). So it was better to exclude some situation than to punish everyone who's causing this situation.
So Jonne came up with a new solution: multiple armor spawns. In every map there are now 3 armor spawns (even more in NSA). This way if you want to avoid the fighting at the "main" armor spawn, you can just go to a different one. To me, this is a perfect solution. If you don't share my thoughts just think about all the drama and useless bans of players in the old server.
Except when terrors and cops go up against each other at the armour spawn and they forget that there is a president to kill/protect.

Another normal day at Hueland.

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 04:00:14 pm »
Except when terrors and cops go up against each other at the armour spawn and they forget that there is a president to kill/protect.
I don't think that is a huge problem. There are always terrorists hunting the presi and securities protecting him. Sometimes in bigger percentages than other times, but there is always a certain percentage focussed on the game mode. I don't think this percentage should be a 100 percent. However, if we do want to achieve a larger percentage of players focussing on the gamemode, we certainly can't solve it by obliging everyone to focus on the gamemode and punish those who don't. We all know how that turned out with armor camping.

In short, I don't think it is a problem. But if something is to be done about it, it must be done the smart way.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 05:30:34 pm by Uthar_Smith »

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 05:07:41 pm »
Let's not revisit this again, please. The no-armor shooting rule was one of the worst rules ever on old PTP, it was enforced with far too much zeal by some admins, and players who camped and fought at armor were somehow made equal to cheaters.

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 05:38:16 pm »
Let's not revisit this again, please.