Author Topic: Shades of solved problem  (Read 12073 times)

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: Shades of solved problem
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 05:24:27 pm »
You're implying that the gamemode can be "perfect", without any flaws. If you think so, why don't you suggest a better alternative?
.This is why admins need to take guts in one hand, and with another hand do what is need to be done.
Exactly. Uthar is asking what exactly do you suggest the admins(and/or players) to do about it?

Offline Bellarabi

• VIP
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2017, 05:28:26 pm »
I don t see any Problem Terror vs Cop dm is also part of the Dm we have 3 Armor Spots ,so u are not forced to go to the Main Armor. Isn t it better to kill the terrora before they arrive to the Pres ? Or the cops ?

Offline Skipper

• VIP
  • More loyal than a dog, or a penguin?
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 06:04:01 pm »
I had the same problem years ago, until I found the other armor spawns, it was tedious. But you have to know that in this server there are clans for which there will also be wars, you have to adapt to it or better say it, fight it.

I know that I can fully understand you, but remember also that it is not just the GM as they say, this is not a gm roleplay.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 06:06:43 pm »
I don't see any problem here, it's useless to camp at armor because we got 3 armour spots in every map. If you don't want to be involved in any fight near the armor, you can simply go to other armor spots. And if you still think it's a problem lol, then please suggest a better alternative.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 06:19:20 pm »
Because Jonne and his admin staff can not accept that it is a problem and it should be solved.
And it will not be perfect at any way, because it is all about community. With normal community you can have awesome gameplay no metter what rules or features you have. But our community is not mature enough, we are not aim on what is really best for gamemod. This is why admins need to take guts in one hand, and with another hand do what is need to be done.
If you're thinking like that then everything that isn't perfect is a problem. Besides, it seems like you're the only one seeing a problem here. Blaming the community is an even more immature thing to do. It's a game, what would you expect?

Could you please clarify "and with another hand do what is need to be done"? I'm not quite sure what you mean by that
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 06:21:27 pm by Uthar_Smith »

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72355
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 06:59:05 pm »
You keep complaining about things when you yourself can't find a better solution to it. You know that there is the "armor camping" problem. Admins have tried their best to provide better solutions to the game mode. If you have any methods by which we can eliminate armor camping, then please do suggest it here.

Offline Skittles

• Admin
  • Score: 16323
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2017, 07:48:42 pm »
I am saying what i am thinking - that permanent fights of cops vs terros on armor spawns is not the way this classes supposed to play this gamemod. Do you think i am wrong?

I agree with you, Solod. I also think that they shouldn't be camping there. I am, however, not sure if readding the 'no-armour-shooting rule' would help here. You can't force anyone from those two fighting classes to follow the game mode, since, as Mia has already stated, by eliminating the opposite team members - according to their duties - they're doing exactly what they should do.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 07:51:55 pm by Skittles »

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2017, 12:26:14 am »
Well Solod, you play this game for a long time doesn't mean you are right about this armor campers. We had a single armor per maps in old PTP and we have multiple armor spawns here now. As I see, one team camps at armor A, then opposite team goes to Armor B to take armor. But I think you want to mean that Armor spawns are still dangerous for newbie players? Otherwise, armor campers are not the problem for regulars since they know about other armor spawn zones.

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2017, 01:24:04 am »
He wants all cops to shoot all terros and vice versa. But I think that such rule will be too hard to enforce.

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2017, 01:51:00 am »
Because Jonne and his admin staff can not accept that it is a problem and it should be solved.
And it will not be perfect at any way, because it is all about community. With normal community you can have awesome gameplay no metter what rules or features you have. But our community is not mature enough, we are not aim on what is really best for gamemod. This is why admins need to take guts in one hand, and with another hand do what is need to be done.

I think you're the only one who can't accept that it is NOT a problem and nothing should be solved because it was already solved a couple of months ago

Offline SwirlyMan

• VIP
  • "I cannot be good. I must be perfection."
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2017, 06:12:01 am »
Just play and have fun, cmon it's just a game :P

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2017, 08:59:27 am »
Well, you are talking about this "1 team goes to 1 armor spawn, 2nd team goes to 2 armor spawn".
But the fact is that you use secondary armor spawns only if main armor is under opposite`s team control and you are on "war".
You concentrate too much spotlights on armor spawns when you should concentrate it on president.
But it looks like "community" do not see a problem here.
I can only say what would i do.
1. Accept the fact that it is a problem.
2. Accept that you can not solve it with moving, adding another spawns etc.
3. Accept that existence of spawns lead to a slower gameplay, with all this runs to armor after respawn, doublestacking armor, camping there etc.
4. Delete all armor and hp spawns, make system, that will not be that friendly to players about free armor points refilling.
5. Make it clear to community that you will have this system or no armor spawns at all.

What about this "new system", i have a lot of ideas. It is only up to how hard to script it.
What about making "suggestions", i`ve already said that imo this community is immature, incompetent, highly abusive and uncompetitive. And as long as admins are making "votings", i do not beliave that this community will accept anything that will make their life "harder".
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2017, 09:15:49 am »
So most of the people will adjust just to make you happy? Hell no lol

Just go back to the old PTP (if it's still active) if you want to apply what you want

Offline StuLenS

• VIP
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2017, 11:33:34 am »
So most of the people will adjust just to make you happy? Hell no lol

Just go back to the old PTP (if it's still active) if you want to apply what you want

1+

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2017, 11:39:24 am »
Multiple spawns sort of solved the problem of one team monopolizing the armor/health. I agree that armor camping kinda wrecks the gamemode- it's always painful to look at the map and see more blue and red blips at the armor spawns than near the President. Yes, the server has a TDM aspect. However, it's not the same boring TDM shit that makes most other servers unremarkable. The point is to focus the game around the President, not around Terrorists vs. Police. The President element of the gamemode is unique and far more fun than simple Blue vs. Red.

@Mia and everyone else who thinks that armorcamping is the same as protecting: there are often so many of you at armor that terrorists don't even need armor to kill the President. You're not really protecting him, you're just diverting people who also don't want to chase the President.

I don't think this can be solved with rules or scripts. It's a culture problem. Most regulars seem to be concerned with stats and clans, not the truly challenging and fun stuff like chasing someone who is nearly impossible to catch, trying to keep a total dipshit President alive or coming up with new tricks to use against friends on the opposite side (not coincidentally, these things sound like playing the gamemode, not the usual tribal warfare). More people need to remember what brought them to this community in the first place.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 11:41:18 am by YoMama »