Author Topic: Rules and admins  (Read 32490 times)

Offline Manish

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Love me or hate me. Either way I'm on your mind.
    • GgT
Re: Rules and admins
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 05:53:41 am »
Rules are changed timely in PlanB If the suggestion is good enough and discussed in a well manner. The way you put your points are ridiculous. I'm not talking about this particular topic, but your all topics are like this. You want to be heard but you're not delivering issues in right manner. I hope you don't expect that you're taken seriously now.

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 07:51:32 am »
It wouldn't be treated seriously, SoLoD. Your pathetic threats, your impudent and arrogant way of giving the information makes me consider that as another cheap provocation. Before you learn to discuss things, don't expect another relation to yourself. You are not a brainless child who doesn't realise what he is doing. I agree that the whole /duty thing should be reworked though.

I do not give a single fuck if you or any admin think that the way i made this topic is "pathetic".
I have already said why i am doing it. Attitute from admins is unacceptable.
I have listed a facts, and if YOU want to tell ME something and expect ME to listen, then you need to refute them.

If any admin will try to play this "games" with me, when you are just trying to brush off from every single fact of lie, abuse, ignorance to get some "points" from community for pretending to be a good guys and making me a "villain", you have my word that i will go through it without any doubts.

Do you really think that the fact, for example, when every single vip and admin is abusing PTP bug and breaking at the same time a simple rule to "no spawnkilling", and at the same time every single admin knows about it, and there is literally no response from JHON or another admins, no punishment, no action, so do you really think that if every single vip and admin motherfucker who is doing it now will ignore it (and it is literally close to be every single vip and admin on this server) then i will ignore it too?

Now, this topic is not about SOLOD. But it was done by SOLOD. And if anyone, anyone will make an attempt to step over his attitude to me and read this topic word by word, he will be able to understand what this community is all about. But of course i do not expect that amount of them will be high. Because an effort to make is pretty big, and the fact that this topic is showing not only putridity of admins, but of vips too, this effort will be even bigger. But i do expect at least few to be able to step over their personal hate and disrespect to me.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 08:33:15 am »
Chainsaw and Spray Cans should be disabled in Spawn and After the Map ends for those people who use /sync .
Regarding What solod said, admins are corrupt not all but some of them.
I don't know why I lost my spawn protection just after spawning and then getting sawed down by a vip or an admin.
Solid what you are trying to say is that Saw can damage in spawn but only when you've lost your spawn protection. I think somebody is playing you.
Same For me I got played once.
You should record 24x7 and Show you're right and I'll do the same.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 09:28:23 am »
Regulars are better judge not arrogant admins
-What is the pride you are getting by becoming an admin and being placed over mere foolish 100 people?
Now Fimpen will come and Say-"regulars have to right to say stuff about like this, Locked". Or "this is admin THINGs no regular can say anything, Locked"
Why man Why?
Admins don't respect Regulars Views.
Admins Don't listen to regulars Arguments
Admins Don't give proper justice to Innocent.
Admins Show their "Savageness" by Locking or Mocking A regular or Any player
Promotion of some Mods to Admin is also Very intriguing.
Admins Why? Why Why Why
???
Some admins may be arrogant, but regulars are more often horrible judges of cheating and rulebreaking because they can't see as much as an admin can and they don't care if they're wrong. Most admins just want to rid the server of cheaters, not to be placed above everyone else. However, it might not seem that way because most of the regulars suck up to people once they find out that they're admins- they don't demand that all players bow in reverence to their perceived superiority. As for not respecting views, arguments, justice, etc.- where are you getting this from? Have you ever actually played in a server with truly shitty admins?

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 10:39:54 am »
you made ptp looks like a shit with this topic Solod.
You'r ignoring everything that Jonne did to let you little kid play and enjoy your wasted time here.
If you'are demanding admins to regards and change the existing rules to a better ones try to do this with a more respectfull way.
Solod has a point and he is right in things that he said thought he is a retard but he wanna see a better ptp so take everything he said in consideration .

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 11:32:58 am »
Idk Yomama, there has to be a system to be followed.
I want an answer, if any guilty asks for proof, don't you have to give him proof of what he did wrong?
And Do it in more respecfull way?
I already said There are some shit admins not to take names, but are lazy enough to take Things up to themselves.
If I reported someone for speed hacks and Teleports, admins will look up to it, isn't it? But how about that person comes and kills me when I'm president?(happened at least 10 times)
And by my observations
they do demand that all players bow in reverence to their perceived superiority

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 11:45:54 am »
If I reported someone for speed hacks and Teleports, admins will look up to it, isn't it? But how about that person comes and kills me when I'm president?(happened at least 10 times)
Hahaha this is actually so true   ;D

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2017, 12:38:09 pm »
Solod has a point and he is right in things that he said thought he is a retard but he wanna see a better ptp so take everything he said in consideration .
Yes, my ex-clanmate. You are right. SOLOD IS A RETARD. But he is not the only retard on this server, but he is the only one who does not refuse it.
And yes, everything i said is RIGHT. Because i am honest and this facts have nothing to do with me being a retard. And admins, they are thinking that if they wil point on ME, it will cross out all their fails.
THIS TOPIC IS NOT ABOUT ME. THIS TOPIC ABOUT A VERY HUGE AMOUNT OF FACTS, FACTS OF LIE, ABUSE, IGNORANCE FROM ADMINS.

And "making ptp a better place" is only secondary thing in this topic.
Because i remember Jonne`s "letter" from old PTP when he decided to betray Tenshi. Because i know, that JONNE remember his letter too. Damn, i am pretty sure that he has his letter on his PC. And he can open it and re-read. And if he wants to push this line of "GOOD NEW PTP, BAD OLD PTP", he NEEDS to response.

And i even know how he will try to solve this topic. He will try to do what he is always doing: to take all YOUR SINS to himself. He will try to focus all fails of every motherfucker and deal with it like that fails are his fails. Every motherfucker that gain power from his own hands. And he will try to solve it all at once.

And i know that i will refuse that attempt. I demand a full response from every single person that envolved to every single statement i did. And you, Jonne, i do blame YOU too, so do not even try to solve it all at once. Start from statements where i blamed YOU.

Just cause you've been a bad boy doesn't mean you get to critizise the staff with hopeless reasons. They do their best and having 40 people to manage is alot so try to understand why at times they can't deal with it.
You are nothing but a asslicker.
Because you are saying that when admins abusing their own BUG and breaking their own RULES is "they are doing their best"?

I have read your posts. They're just completely ridiculous.
You, buddy, is a very good candidate to become a "head admin" on this server. Good luck woth that.

ah, i remember a topic like this made by him in the old server. Good times.
Yes, and if you remember them as good as i did, you remember, that when i came back in 2016 to the ptp after 3 years and realised there is a new admin Lacerta, i started to reporting him and shitposting with him, and when i`ve shared that he is even "sending pms to me with threats", not a single person, NOT A SINGLE ADMIN HAVE TRIED TO PROTECT ME. NOBODY. And another fact is that EVERY SINGLE ADMIN THAT WAS ON THE OLD PTP, HE IS STILL BE ADMIN HERE. So, do not even try to tell me that i am "wrong". If i am the only one here to tell the truth, I WILL BE THE ONLY ONE. Even if i am nothing but a "retarded level 0 player".

A lot of what you're talking about, including from more experienced adimins, just seems like honest mistakes, not malicious actions.
If you think that i am a liar, that i am "exaggerate" the facts, i WILL prove YOU in the second topic that it is not "not malicious actions". I will do it because you are one of a very few persons i respect, and not even because of your skills. I will prove that they are doing it exactly "malicious".

That said, I think there are often better ways of handling rule enforcement, but they involve more communication.
Another false statement. They involve NOTHING but their but their INGORANCE. And i will prove it too.
AND IF I DONT - I GIVE ANY ADMIN ON THIS SERVER FULL RIGHT TO BAN ME FOREVER IF I WILL NOT SHOW YOMAMA A DIRECT EXAMPLE.

Also, looking at the /duty stuff from a more general perspective, because sometimes a security is doing a worse job protecting when he sticks right with the President than when he is dropping back to stop someone before they can even harm him.
They have no rights to judge ANYONE for how he is playing gamemode.
THERE IS NO SINGLE STATEMENT IN THE SECURITY RULE TO JUDGE THEM.
My point about duty rule is very clear, and admins, they only ADDITION for the rules, but they act like THE RULES are only the aaddition to them.

Occasionally, I think you cross the line when you waste too much time on someone far away, but it's a tactical error, not willfully ignoring your duty.
I am "wasting time with someone" only when it is obvious for me that i can not just take a bike and drive away.

Admins should exercise care when enforcing rules. The rules aren't clear and that's not a bad thing, but an admin's version of reality may be different from others. Mistakes actually do happen, admins might not be understanding your tactic or recognize what you're doing (for example, I was banned once on a different server for flying backwards, because none of the admins knew it was possible). Communication, instead of just typing in a command with the limited information you have, is sometimes better. Assuming that admins are out to get you and being insulting isn't going to help.
That rules are "not a bad thing" only when you have normal admins. My point is that admins are not "normal".
I just blamed them (with names) on lie, abuse and everything, and they even do not feel a need to explain their actions.
As i said, you need to wait for another topic, if you think that everything in this topic is "misunderstanding".
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 12:44:44 pm by SoLoD »
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Curry

• VIP
  • Hey
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2017, 01:02:36 pm »
Admins can't just instantly ban. They need to actually check if the person is cheating.

I have read your posts. They're just completely ridiculous.
You, buddy, is a very good candidate to become a "head admin" on this server. Good luck woth that.
Thanks, but no thanks, then I'd actually have to read more of your "topics" and "problems".

Solod, now you're just attacking anyone that disagrees with you.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:05:52 pm by Curry »

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2017, 01:19:37 pm »
SoLoD, then leave your personal hate behind too and listen to what I want to say.
Nobody hates you. I don't, yet I strongly discourage the way you act. In fact, I am sad that you have changed this way, you were different when we communicated the first here - don't you remember? You are a mature guy, so you perfectly understand what you're doing. You are not really trying to change something this way: you provoke, you want to attract attention to yourself (and it works), you do it in such an irritating and disrespectful way that the discussion on the substance is nearly impossible.

If you really want to change something, please, do two things:
1. Post here all the modifications and additions to the rules that you consider necessary;
2. Start a topic and write down your thoughts about how to rework the security duty thing.

It would be much more productive if we initiate an adequate discussions there. I agree with you at some points. Don't be just an empty barrel which sounds louder ("Пустая бочка пуще гремит"). Now, since you changed your tone to a more adequate one, I am willing to give a few remarks to a few thesises.

Security and /duty
I agree that for now it is the biggest fault in our rules. We can't just remove it, because the president will always be unprotected then, but we have to redo everything. Personally, I was both the player who was wrongfully blamed in not following duty and the admin who issued wrongful punishments about this matter. Although, when I realised my mistake, I gave my apologies to players, I felt myself very ashamed. Yes, the admins have the biggest freedom of interpretation here and it was wrong. Enough shit slingling, damn it! Let's suggest something productive. Start a discussion. A lot of smart people play here. We'll figure out a nice solution.

The Spawnkilling rule
No teamshooting / spawnkilling
- Use /colours & /duty ingame, to understand which teams are friendly. You are not allowed to help the opposing team in any          way. Do not block or stun your own teammates so the other team can kill them.
- Once you lose your spawn protection, you can be killed inside or outside your spawn as the spawn zone is not a safe zone.        No damage can be done to players inside the spawn zone who have spawn protection.
Personally, I don't see no problems here. It is impossible to deal damage to the person who is under the spawn protection. We have another scriptwise restriction: you can't deal damage with ranged weapons if you are under the spawn protection youself. But it is a different thing! I don't see a contradiction here. As I said many times, I like the tendention of preventing the possibility of rulebreaking rather than punishing for the consequences. The soulless script is equally fair to everyone. Ideally, the rulebreaking would be totally impossible, and no admins nor bans would be needed.

The Rules in general
You shouldn't confuse the rules and the laws. We have the rules here, which is rather like a set of the descriptive statements about what is allowed and what is not; they don't have, and they shouldn't be juridically correct. Yes, the administrative system we have here kinda reflects the one of a real society, but it cannot be accurate; in fact, the reflection is very, very distorted. It is a primitive version of the social contract. Jonne is the server owner, he holds no obligations before anyone, technically he can do whatever he wants, especially since it is a non-commercial project. If you want - you play here. If you don't want - you don't play, easy as a pie, there are no obligations or enforcement from any side. But if Jonne starts to act shitty, the amount of players who want to stay here would drastically decrease. So, the very basic scheme of relations here is: Jonne and the community agree upon the set of rules that should be followed. Also, the community delegates Jonne the right of choosing admins, who are, in turn, guarantee that the rules will be respected. So yes, the rules are rather like waypoints for all, for the administration and the players. In the end, the admins determine the limits of applicability of the rules in a narrow range. The only rule that doesn't fit this definition so far is the duty rule. This model would never work in any real society, but, as for me, it is quite viable in such community as ours.

You asked why the rules are not written according to the principle of constitution (not a quote). The answer is quite simple. First, it is too much of an ungrateful job, you'll need to spend a lot of time, efforts and dedication to write something like juridically correct laws. Second, since everyone holds the 'civil responsibility', we should assume that everyone will read and follow those rules, which is, at least, unrealistic. Third, the laws have no sence without judiciary (such as in Wikipedia), and it is impossible to deploy it here, because you won't find enough mature, sane-minded persons with that much free time here. That's why most of the internet projects have rules, not laws.

Admins, mods and responsibility
Irresponsible administration would utterly ruin the aforementioned system. Our administration is far away from being perfect absolutely, but relatively I have barely met a better one on other Internet projects; I wouldn't join the team on the old server, I can't work with people I disrespect.
I don't remember the situations when the admins actually abused and it was left unattended.
I theoretically agree about mods. As for me, the bar should be set higher.  I witnessed the unprofessional attitude from them. After I got promoted, thankfully I have got more options to prevent any bad episodes. But at this moment, the mods team is competent and professional.

The freedom of speech
It is a double-edged blade. It cannot be selective. It is either for everyone, or it is not a freedom.
You all know my relation to trash-talking etc. But I am totally for the freedom of speech. We are not in the School for Noble Maidens, we are in the Internet, if you don't like someone saying something, ignore him.
When an admin doesn't use his extended admins' capabilities, his actions shouldn't be treated as admins' actions. In these terms, he has the same right to talk shit as any other player on the server. When it comes along with his duties though, it is inacceptable.

P.S. Ok, seeing the latest posts, it wasn't worth it to reply here. I am still hope that we'll have any constructive discussion(s) after this emotional burst.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Magic

• VIP
  • Score: 42169
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2017, 03:58:02 pm »
-
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 03:09:30 pm by Magic »

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2017, 05:38:16 pm »
Unreadable wall of cry`n`bullshit.  :'(

Offline Yan

• VIP
  • Score: 9620
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2017, 06:05:49 pm »
I just want to say this (The best answer for a fool is silence)  ;)

Offline Barto

• VIP
  • PPLV Clan Co-Leader
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2017, 07:13:40 pm »
I have read your entire essay and all the reaction from you and from other people. What I am not going to do is respond to every single thing mention here. To do that would be a day task and frankly I don't have the time for that.

Instead I give a short respond that summerize my opinion:

"This whole situation reminds me of a political debate. There is never a winner. People have different views and should be respected for that, IF they have the respect towards the people who they are talking to or about. There is one thing that we shouldn't forget and that is that everybody here, from players to staff members are human beings and human beings make mistakes. Mistakes happen and are dealt individual to the best way that can be dealt with. Nothing is perfect, so is the server and the players of this server. As long as we are respectful toward each other and a big majority of the players are supporting the policy of the server everything should be fine. There is always room for improvement and the server is always open for the opinions of the player, as seen by the long discussion at the suggestion topics."

That said, SoLoD, I respect that you are willing to share your opinion with us. What I don't respect is the way you talk about players of this server. The way you talk about other players belittles them. You talk like you are the almighty god that knows everything. You use long dictatorial topics to enforce your opinion to others. I have no respect for you or for your opinion if you continue it the way you are doing it right now. If you are willing to change your tone towards other players and speak about them in a respectful way, then I will listing to your opinion and suggestions.

This my personal opinion. This has nothing to do with me being a staff member and other staff members can or cannot share my opinion. This is my personal view of the situation and can't be redirected to other staff members.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:17:15 pm by Barto »

Offline Hicham

• VIP
  • Score: 10910
  • She heard what he said and she had no regrets
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2017, 07:42:36 pm »
just say yes and close this fuckin topic
I hope you find a love that's true so the morning light can shine on you.
I hope you find what you're looking for so your heart is warm forever more. cv?