Author Topic: Rules update [can be closed]  (Read 32229 times)

Offline Chaos

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: Rules update [demand]
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 04:18:02 pm »
All ur problems can be solve using /ignore command

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 04:59:42 pm »
You guys... Let me ask you this one question: how come whenever someone complains about being religiously offended it is always about Islam? Don't get me wrong, I don't hate any religion, but I've never seen any Christian, or Buddhist, being offended. It's just that you are taking everything so seriously lmao...

The best way to get someone to stop insulting you and flaming you is to ignore them completely. Just don't pay any attention to them. And just like that they will get bored and will move on to the next person.

So, once again, this is the internet. It is internet's ugly side, but you can't do anything about it. Stop being so sensitive, play your game and ignore the bastards who want to provoke you. Simple.

Offline Sani

• VIP
  • BEST SPREE IN PTP 151!!! :D
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 06:57:35 pm »
You guys... Let me ask you this one question: how come whenever someone complains about being religiously offended it is always about Islam? Don't get me wrong, I don't hate any religion, but I've never seen any Christian, or Buddhist, being offended. It's just that you are taking everything so seriously lmao...

The best way to get someone to stop insulting you and flaming you is to ignore them completely. Just don't pay any attention to them. And just like that they will get bored and will move on to the next person.

So, once again, this is the internet. It is internet's ugly side, but you can't do anything about it. Stop being so sensitive, play your game and ignore the bastards who want to provoke you. Simple.

Offline Chaos

• VIP
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 07:59:17 pm »

Offline Onii

• VIP
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2016, 10:48:01 pm »

Offline WuZi

• VIP
  • Gifts are always good
    • GgT Forum
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 12:08:05 am »
how come whenever someone complains about being religiously offended it is always about Islam?
In this topic I was referring to all religious societies, because religion is indeed a serious topic and muslims take their religion seriously. The religious concept makes the diffrent :)

Afterall your reply convinced me, I think ignoring is really the best way. It was important for me to speak about this. Thanks.

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 01:41:35 am »
I could care less if people insult my faith. I understand people have different backgrounds and beliefs hence that's why it's best not pick an argument.

But it is not my problem, that people learn how to treat other religions, disrespectfully, like this in their society or learn this from the internet.

how come whenever someone complains about being religiously offended it is always about Islam?
In this topic I was referring to all religious societies, because religion is indeed a serious topic and muslims take their religion seriously. The religious concept makes the diffrent :)

Afterall your reply convinced me, I think ignoring is really the best way. It was important for me to speak about this. Thanks.
Every religious person in any religion takes their religion seriously lol. I can tell you that with experience from my family's side.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 01:45:12 am by Matt »

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline Sharks_

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 12:51:42 pm »
+1

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2016, 01:22:05 pm »
Spec's comment was convincing.

People need to grow up a bit and leave their childhood forever.

@Spoc
All the religions get offended maybe you didn't see but I witnessed it:
But we muslims take our religion in a serious manner.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2016, 06:55:05 am »
Insulting someone because of their beliefs or race is flaming, and the people that do it are morons. When was the last time you took a moron's opinion seriously? They aren't worth paying attention to.

However, a rule against "blasphemy" is ridiculous. I am completely irreligious. My very existence in some religions is "blasphemy". If someone thinks that I lack morals because I don't derive them from god, I'm not going to stop them from telling me. It doesn't hurt me. I'll probably try to change their mind about it. Similarly, if I, a heliocentrist, also blaspheme that the (now) saint, "Mother" Theresa was an evil thanatophile with good PR skills, it doesn't hurt you. If you think otherwise, try changing my mind instead of silencing me. We are distinguished from other animals in that we possess the ability to communicate at (relatively) high levels. Arguing and disagreeing about shit, or perhaps changing our minds, is what makes us human. Don't take that away.

If you're so insecure in your beliefs that you can't attempt to correct another person's bad impressions of what you believe, then that is your problem. If someone else is so insecure in their beliefs that they try to ridicule yours, then that is their problem. There isn't any need to silence anyone.

Offline WuZi

• VIP
  • Gifts are always good
    • GgT Forum
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 02:42:18 pm »
Arguing and disagreeing about shit, or perhaps changing our minds, is what makes us human. Don't take that away.

If you're so insecure in your beliefs that you can't attempt to correct another person's bad impressions of what you believe, then that is your problem.

The thing is just that PTP or this forum in my opinion is not the right place for discussing these subjects.

Otherwise you are right, humans by nature have different opinons, even in religion. We in humanity actually should follow as a whole what is right and turn away from falsehood. But this doesn't seem to work, because we are not robots. And this however is actually good because everyone wants to have their own opinion.

Insulting someone because of their beliefs or race is flaming, and the people that do it are morons. When was the last time you took a moron's opinion seriously? They aren't worth paying attention to.

As in my post before, after re-thinking about the internet, I came to the outcome (as many of you said) that ignoring morons is really the best idea.

Offline Parachute

• VIP
  • There's a crowstorm, but it's a party...
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2016, 02:45:07 pm »
lmao what a joke thread, even more funny when it says "demand"
"Someone said something that i dont like so punish him"
The thing is just that PTP or this forum in my opinion is not the right place for discussing these subjects.
Source needed on that my friend

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2016, 03:54:15 pm »
You guys talk too much, less talk. More /ignore [ID]. Stop demanding/complaining

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2016, 06:31:17 pm »
I agree that it's usually distasteful, but I don't think it should be against the rules. I've had some pretty interesting conversations with people about religion, politics, etc. in the server.

Otherwise you are right, humans by nature have different opinons, even in religion. We in humanity actually should follow as a whole what is right and turn away from falsehood. But this doesn't seem to work, because we are not robots. And this however is actually good because everyone wants to have their own opinion.
I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Offline Hicham

• VIP
  • Score: 10910
  • She heard what he said and she had no regrets
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2016, 02:02:21 pm »
I hope you find a love that's true so the morning light can shine on you.
I hope you find what you're looking for so your heart is warm forever more. cv?