Author Topic: Rules update [can be closed]  (Read 32238 times)

Offline Onii

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: Rules update [demand]
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2016, 11:00:36 pm »
Hicham

NARUTO!! SASKE!!

Offline ANTIGANG

• VIP
  • You will never understand FREEDOM.Until you CAGED
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2016, 01:58:18 pm »
This rule should be added long time a go.
+1

Sorry for bad picture it was by phone
http://imgur.com/JsMNyPl

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2016, 06:50:53 pm »
This rule should be added long time a go.
+1

It won't be added, though

Offline TreePuncher

• VIP
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2016, 07:01:32 pm »
Tbh, I never agreed with the n-word policy.

• No "N-Word"
- Regardless of your own race and intentions you have

This is stupid.
There are no rules globally saying racism is against the rules, just a single rule saying that specific word can't be used, no matter what you mean with it. Reference: HERE

In short, I can come in chat and say (using Sanjay, a jamaican player, as an example): HEY SANJAY, YOU DIRTY BLACK FUCKER. And nothing can be done against me, you know why, because I simply didn't use the N-word.
There's not a single rule against racism, or offenses in general, so I am free to hate on black people as long as I don't use the N-word.

Now again, the N-word can be used friendly, for example: Hey Spectre, my n-word.
But I'll probably be muted, because even though my intention was "good", I used it, and therefore I deserve punishment.
Do you understand whats going on? You are banning a word because it has only ONE possible bad use.
Why don't we apply this rule to the other words and fucking ban the entire goddamn dictionary, shall we?

See where I am going at?

We don't have rules against religion intolerence, we have people saying such a thing should never be considered, as people are supposed to not take it seriously, so why should we take a fucking word seriously?

This is a dumb rule.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 07:03:50 pm by TreePuncher »

Another normal day at Hueland.

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2016, 09:44:30 pm »
Agreed, man. But I guess some people are way overly sensitive or don't have a sense of humor if they can't detect when the n-word is being used as an insult, and when as a joke.

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2016, 10:19:50 pm »
Well I've been suggested to change that rule like this 20 days ago. But been very busy I think, it will be changed soon, hopefully.

Quote from: COBRA  on September 09, 2016
A suggestion to add rules or add it as a title and add "No N word" rule under the this rule:

• No racism in any shape.
- No "N-Word" Regardless of your own race and intentions you have
- Racist words that targeting nationalities, specific country or people of that country in same race

I wanted to suggest this because of that report and I had no change to force that player to see /rules. Because nothing in the /rules about racism except "no N word" rule.

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline TreePuncher

• VIP
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2016, 11:23:11 pm »
Well I've been suggested to change that rule like this 20 days ago. But been very busy I think, it will be changed soon, hopefully.

Quote from: COBRA  on September 09, 2016
A suggestion to add rules or add it as a title and add "No N word" rule under the this rule:

• No racism in any shape.
- No "N-Word" Regardless of your own race and intentions you have
- Racist words that targeting nationalities, specific country or people of that country in same race

I wanted to suggest this because of that report and I had no change to force that player to see /rules. Because nothing in the /rules about racism except "no N word" rule.
That'd be a good start.
However, upholding that "no n-word" rule is stupid.
It's just a word. It can be used as a friendly greeting, or it can be used as a racist remark.
I don't see "fag" getting banned because it can be used to offend homosexuals (same applies to "gay")
I also don't see "pussy" getting banned because it's used to say men are not masculine enough, disrespecting women in the process. (Feminist speech lel)
w/e

There are tons of words that you can ban because it hurts someone. But we don't, I wonder why?

I won't take this "people are sensitive" bullshit excuse.
Muslims are sensitive to religious jokes. If I go out there in the chat and say "ALLAH THE DOG", I'll get angry messages up the ass.
But according to people in this same thread, that doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:25:42 pm by TreePuncher »

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2016, 01:12:11 am »
I think it's clear that the majority of the server thinks this is not a good idea, so there won't be any such rules added.

Now, in my personal opinion, I also think it's bad to add such rules, because it would create a huge grey area. One person might take something as offensive while another person doesn't, or something might be meant as a joke but the another person doesn't take it like that, etc. So admins would have to decide based on their own personal opinion and there wouldn't be a clear line on what's allowed and what's not allowed. That's what I want to avoid. That's also why I added /ignore, so you can filter your own chat. If you don't want to see the chat of a certain person, just /ignore him.

About the 'N-word', we just kept the rules of the rules of the old PTP, and that rule is a very simple and easy to follow rule, so we just kept it in. I don't have any problems allowing the 'N-word', if the majority of the community is okay with that. So if you want to change that rule, make a topic in the suggestions board (and maybe add a vote option). I don't know where the rule originated from, or why it was put in, but in my personal opinion, I don't see any reason to keep it forbidden. After all, the game is rated M / PEGI 18 (From the PEGI website: "It contains: Extreme violence - Violence towards defenceless people - Sexual violence - Strong language") and even the peds (skins) ingame use the 'N-word'. But let's make that a separate discussion.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2016, 02:43:52 pm »
I think it's clear that the majority of the server thinks this is not a good idea, so there won't be any such rules added.

Now, in my personal opinion, I also think it's bad to add such rules, because it would create a huge grey area. One person might take something as offensive while another person doesn't, or something might be meant as a joke but the another person doesn't take it like that, etc. So admins would have to decide based on their own personal opinion and there wouldn't be a clear line on what's allowed and what's not allowed. That's what I want to avoid. That's also why I added /ignore, so you can filter your own chat. If you don't want to see the chat of a certain person, just /ignore him.

About the 'N-word', we just kept the rules of the rules of the old PTP, and that rule is a very simple and easy to follow rule, so we just kept it in. I don't have any problems allowing the 'N-word', if the majority of the community is okay with that. So if you want to change that rule, make a topic in the suggestions board (and maybe add a vote option). I don't know where the rule originated from, or why it was put in, but in my personal opinion, I don't see any reason to keep it forbidden. After all, the game is rated M / PEGI 18 (From the PEGI website: "It contains: Extreme violence - Violence towards defenceless people - Sexual violence - Strong language") and even the peds (skins) ingame use the 'N-word'. But let's make that a separate discussion.

Same opinion, I don't mind removing the No N-word rule.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Rev

• VIP
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2016, 11:27:00 pm »
I support this idea.

I'm not religious at all, science is my shit, but I come from a religious family and most of my dear friends in real life are believers as well. Maybe that's why I often get pissed off when I see despective comments towards someone involving his beliefs. Mostly because, sure, I don't believe in God, but religion does mean a lot to so many people, it has even saved people's lives. Wether you believe in a greater being or if you don't, you should at least respect other people that do.

When I was an admin here I used to let people argue about many sensitive topics such as politics, sports and stuff like that, but I always put and end to it when it started to involve religions. I do admit that personal motives drove me but it is the right thing to do.

Offline Parachute

• VIP
  • There's a crowstorm, but it's a party...
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2016, 02:33:37 pm »
but it is the right thing to do.
citation needed

What if I told you... Nobody gives a shit when they're called n*gga. And if someone does, that person is clearly a pussy and should be erased from this planet.

2016, people. Just in case you haven't realized.
What if i told you... Nobody gives a shit when you insult his beliefs. And if someone does, that person is clearly a pussy and should be erased from this planet.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 04:02:41 pm by Parachute »

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2016, 02:36:08 pm »
If your religion teaches you that other religions are bs, then your religion is not a religion but a cult.

Offline WuZi

• VIP
  • Gifts are always good
    • GgT Forum
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2016, 03:32:40 pm »
If your religion teaches you that other religions are bs, then your religion is not a religion but a cult.
Humanity is one, God is one (if you are a beliver) and religion should also be one. No religion on earth says others are BS. But the true religion is allowed to say that other religions are fake. But this does not mean that someone has to become a dick towards other religions. That's against the rules.

I think we can finish up this topic now..

-WuZi

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2016, 05:10:30 pm »
I respect everyone's beliefs and religion, but with all due respect this topic has no point to keep going.. We are here to enjoy a game and have a good time please stop this discussion as it will only add fuel to the fire :)

Offline TreePuncher

• VIP
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2016, 07:50:28 pm »
but it is the right thing to do.
citation needed

What if I told you... Nobody gives a shit when they're called n*gga. And if someone does, that person is clearly a pussy and should be erased from this planet.

What if i told you... Nobody gives a shit when you insult his beliefs. And if someone does, that person is clearly a pussy and should be erased from this planet.

Lol, I missed ya.