Author Topic: Post's size  (Read 2467 times)

Offline SoLoD

• Score: Unknown
    • Youtube stunting channel
Post's size
« on: January 18, 2019, 08:36:04 pm »
What is a maximum size of post on forums, what restrictions, amount of links allowed in 1 post and why this information does not exist.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Airman

• Air1
  • Admin
  • Score: 31960
    • Discover Tunisia
Re: Post's size
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 09:13:50 pm »

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 09:40:37 pm »
this information does not exist.
I've seen it, but it doesn't exist.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 06:27:07 am »
The maximum length is currently 20,000 characters, but as far as I can tell, there isn't any direct limit on the number of links. I think it's only limited by how many links you can fit in 20,000 characters. I think the character limit may have been changed at some point because I remember hitting it with my flying guide, and the limit at that point being 10,000 characters. It's not hard to hit it when you have a ton of YouTube videos that you're properly linking, since there's a lot of redundant text ("https://youtu.be/") and you have the URL and the text of the link itself.

How do I know the limit? Just mash the keyboard a bit, then select all and copy, then paste a few times, then select all and copy, then paste a few times, and continue exponentially increasing your post size until you think you've got an absurd amount of text that will definitely hit the limit, then try to post and it will tell you what the limit is. I just did it before writing this.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 06:30:24 am by YoMama »