Poll

Presidents ability to fly

Remove it (revert the changes to what it was before)
29 (60.4%)
Keep it as it is now
19 (39.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: February 09, 2017, 03:35:42 am

Author Topic: Update: 2 Feb  (Read 34651 times)

Offline Yan

• VIP
  • Score: 9620

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
Re: Update: 2 Feb
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2017, 12:26:17 am »
As for the poll I'm not against presidents being able to fly aircrafts but can we get back the anti aircraft camping system which makes President lose hp while staying in the aircraft after some time?

And yes, that's fair enough.
It's at least better than cutting it out entirely.

Offline WuZi

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Gifts are always good
    • GgT Forum
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2017, 12:46:59 am »
better remove it because it is too OP. I don't know why thry made that change.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 12:50:10 am by WuZi »

Offline ANTIGANG

• VIP
  • You will never understand FREEDOM.Until you CAGED
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2017, 08:06:19 am »
Great job jonne thx

Offline style!

• VIP
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2017, 08:29:15 pm »
As for the poll I'm not against presidents being able to fly aircrafts but can we get back the anti aircraft camping system which makes President lose hp while staying in the aircraft after some time?

This. I really suggested it ig.

style_n_elegance

Offline Tuco

• VIP
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2017, 01:29:39 am »
Most of the players are used to play on the ground and are too lazy to take a plane and kill the president. It happened to me several times (as a presi, using the plane). I agree with Yomama. The poll options are not really accurate.

Anyway, thanks for the updates, this is getting better :D

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2017, 05:49:59 am »

And yes, that's fair enough.

Or I suggest to make a time limit in which presi can only fly an aircraft only for 5 or whatever mins.(the time will start when presi will enter any aircraft) and after the time will be completed he will get automatically ejected.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 06:06:10 am by Maddy »

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2017, 07:20:45 am »
better remove it because it is too OP.
>rustler
>op
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2017, 08:16:57 am »
Or I suggest to make a time limit in which presi can only fly an aircraft only for 5 or whatever mins.(the time will start when presi will enter any aircraft) and after the time will be completed he will get automatically ejected.
That's pretty draconian. If there are competent people in the server who aren't lazy, they should be able to shoot 95% of presidents down in five minutes anyway.

Most of the players are used to play on the ground and are too lazy to take a plane and kill the president. It happened to me several times (as a presi, using the plane).
^ This. It's not the president's ability to fly the plane, it's how people react to it. This is how people reacted to me flying the president as security, and honestly, it's annoying.

It's like when the president stunts, and since no one knows how to do the stunt or is too lazy to do it, they just start DMing under the building instead of playing the gamemode. I find it boring and get off the building. It's not because of the president, it's because of the players- it's more fun for everyone if people actually chase the president.

better remove it because it is too OP.
How is a vehicle that instantly explodes on most impacts and requires constant attention to not hit something OP? The worst strategic move you can make is let someone get above or behind you, and it's nearly impossible not to have that happen when more than one person is flying against you. Every single aircraft is extremely dangerous to jump out of once it's smoking- a heli is a deathtrap, especially if you're flying it (it should be easier to kill the President when he's the one flying). You can't just get another one if you survive it crashing, either. You seem to want it removed because you don't want to chase planes, not because it's OP.

Also, someone answer this:
Some of you have complained that it's somehow difficult to get to a plane and go after the president once he's in the air, and so it's "unfair". If you really cared about chasing the president so much, shouldn't you have been right behind him when he got into the plane in the first place, or perhaps have killed him or significantly damaged his plane while he took off? When people are chasing me on the ground and I get a plane, it's very hard to take off and even harder to escape if they're right behind me.

Another question: have any of you naysayers actually tried to fly as president when there are 20+ people in game? Surviving is almost always easy with 20 or less people, flying or not. Surviving in a Rustler with more people, especially if they actually try to chase you, is in my opinion more difficult than stunting onto buildings. Tell me all about how easy it is for presidents to survive when they're flying while you watch me and other people who actually chase them shoot them down in game. I wanted the president to be able to fly because I couldn't see any reason why he shouldn't, not because I thought it would be an easy way to win.

I'll be waiting for the inevitable "stop writing essays" posts because the people writing don't actually have counterarguments or are too lazy (huh, is this a pattern?) to refute mine.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2017, 04:19:36 am »
Added a couple more things:

• Added /savecc to the autotune commands
    • Toggling this will enable /cc on entering a car (if autotune is enabled) or on /vipme.
  • Anti death evasion: added protection for /sync
    • You won't be able to use /sync while carparked anymore.
  • DB Duels
  • Added Turkish rules (Thanks to Ege)
  • Changes to /ccolor (Thanks to Quido) (http://jonne.be/forum/index.php?topic=762.0)
    • /ccolor [id] will now work (you can now do /ccolor 1 instead of /ccolor 1 1). Also, some default colors were added that you can add by name (for example, /ccolor black or /ccolor gray yellow)
  • Lowered heli platforms in WV/NSA to prevent people getting bugged under it.

Also, I added some things to the user CP:
  • DB Duel page (http://jonne.be/forum/index.php?topic=310.0)
  • Fixed the search in the kill list
  • Fixed some bugs in the race pages, also splitted Ghost and Standard races. Also, only times of registered players will now show. (http://jonne.be/forum/index.php?topic=320.0)
  • Stats page: changed the titles, K/D ratio will now only show up for people with more than 100 deaths and a duel ratio was added (for people with at least 100 duels) (http://jonne.be/forum/index.php?topic=319.0)
  • Settings page was added, you can edit your settings in there now. There's also a list of all available skins there (You can find the settings page under the icon on the top right of the page)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 09:21:35 pm by Jonne »

Offline Rajesh

• VIP
  • IDF Staff
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2017, 05:44:57 am »

• Toggling this will enable /cc on entering a car (if autotune is enabled) or on /vipme.
  • DB Duels
    • Fences were re-added, /watchdbduel has been added as well.
  • Changes to /ccolor
    • /ccolor [id] will now work (you can now do /ccolor 1 instead of /ccolor 1 1). Also, some default colors were added that you can add by name (for example, /ccolor black or /ccolor gray yellow)
  • DB Duel page
  • Fixed some bugs in the race pages, also splitted Ghost and Standard races. Also, only times of registered players will now show.
  • Stats page: changed the titles, K/D ratio will now only show up for people with more than 100 deaths and a duel ratio was added (for people with at least 100 duels)
  • Settings page was added, you can edit your settings in there now. There's also a list of all available skins there (You can find the settings page under the icon on the top right of the page)

NICE

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2017, 07:07:33 am »
Nice one  ;D ;D

Offline Rage

• VIP
  • Score: 44717
  • ◢ ◤
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2017, 08:20:57 am »
Nice jonne!

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2017, 09:04:43 am »
Nice additions

Offline Skittles

• Admin
  • Score: 16323
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2017, 11:57:15 am »

• DB Duels
    • Fences were re-added, /watchdbduel has been added as well.
  • Changes to /ccolor

• DB Duel page
  • Fixed some bugs in the race pages, also splitted Ghost and Standard races. Also, only times of registered players will now show.
  • Stats page: changed the titles, K/D ratio will now only show up for people with more than 100 deaths and a duel ratio was added (for people with at least 100 duels)

Wow, noice!

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 12:04:01 pm by Skittles »