Author Topic: Parkour races for civil class  (Read 6910 times)

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• Score: Unknown
  • pablo dicasso
Re: Parkour races for civil class
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 03:59:13 am »
Looks like its gonna be fun!
For example:

YAS! +1
%

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 10:00:39 am »
1) this is not a party server
2) there are already enough things in civil class to distract people from gm
3) you all like it go play somewhere else pls
4) You think it's fun, Jonne thinks it is a waste of time and separation of players from gm and it's hard to script.
5)-1

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 10:24:31 am »
why not we give it a try with just simple race....no other objects to load ectra ectra.
because most of buildings are easy to climb

Offline The iBen

• VIP
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 11:14:54 am »
Is there an option to do a cat pass, lazy vault, wall pop and more?

Offline Magic

• VIP
  • Score: 42169
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 12:04:25 pm »
Why not +1

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 12:50:28 pm »
Is there an option to do a cat pass, lazy vault, wall pop and more?

Only via changing the anims,I suppose.

Is it possible server sided? rather than the client sided ones which won't make sense as others won't be able to see them unless they have it installed personally.
%

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 03:47:21 pm »
Simple parkour races with less use of objects or animations....All u have to do is to cross Rings and become first while racing with others

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2017, 12:50:27 pm »
Another one of my moderately long posts. So you can skip to TL;DR section if you want to.

What LP said isn't wrong either. The Parkour mode with anims and objects does deviate heavily from the game mode and skill gained from it won't be practically applicable much to the game mode.

Hence I withdraw my suggestion of adding objects and stuff for the Parkour mode and instead suggest this.

-O Make the Parkour mode 'relevant' to the Gamemode as a mode for practicing for the President Class.

The President Class often ends up in a situation where he is forced to run on foot and use his environments as cover. But most Presidents don't have experience in such 'on foot' dodge and run, hence end up getting rekt.

What parkour can be used of without modifying anything?

Run, Jump n Climb.

What I want to suggest is to make a mode like the /duel feature. But instead this is a 'limited' run n parkour survival reminiscent to the PTP gamemode, in a tightly packed location suitable for parkour.

No Vehicles. 'On Foot' only.

> The VIP(not lvl1+)/Presi impasta will be forced to run, jump and climb and utilize his surroundings to dodge and avoid the other players.

In order for the mode to work, you need parkour worthy areas with cover and objects to avoid bullets.

So I suggest the following for each City Map as locations for the parkour survival/race:

Los Santos: Most of East Los Santos. Ganton, Las Colinas, Jefferson, Richman, etc. and the ofc the Docks.

Ganton

Las Colinas

Jefferson

Richman and Mulholland

Docks

San Fierro: Tightly packed residential areas, Chinatown, Paradiso, Ocean Flats,etc where one can climb upto the low level structures.

Paradiso

Ocean Flats

Las Venturas: Whitewood Estates, Redsands west, Spineybed w/ access to KAAC,Pilgrim etc.

Whitewoods

Redsands West

Spineybed

Pilgrim

I think this will be helpful to the game mode. Why?

Well there are /duel, /dbduel and /race to practice gunfights, drivebys and vehicle handling. But almost none of them actually favour in practicing for the President Class whose main goal is to 'Run' and 'Avoid' his threats.

Duels: Except for the Deagle which rarely happens without C bugging. The mode is useless for Presi; it’s literally a caged but open field against a Full Set of Weapons. Neither of which are practically applicable in gamemode for the Presi.

DBDuels: President doesn't possess Driveby weapons. Useless.

Races: Limited range of vehicles and some popular races aren't really that much practical like the SF Drag race and Kart Race.

Having a Mini Survival Parkour mode will help in practicing the President Class and practice the gamemode and encourage them to play it more after.

-O Other mode as Deadman suggested is Point to Point Race.

But my only difference in preference is that I don't want any checkpoints. Let the players explore the most efficient routes by themselves, unless the other routes are just plain displacement routes by running.

We could use also use Packers as makeshift ramps to climb on places where one could not reach with normal jumps.

Possibly also use the route as racepath used in this video if you wanna use checkpoints,in that way it would be fun.

TL;DR

• Make a survival race based in tightly packed locations for both parkour and President Practice
  • No Checkpoints for the parkour race,unless the alternative route is displacement via plain land.
  • Use Packers as Ramps, for starters one could use this video's route as a parkour race path

%

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2017, 05:31:18 pm »
I do like your idea if it can significantly help the president to survive...but race mode will also be cool  so that we can compete opponent skills..
In short,how about two modes...Race and Survival?

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2017, 05:41:40 pm »
I do like your idea if it can significantly help the president to survive...but race mode will also be cool  so that we can compete opponent skills..
In short,how about two modes...Race and Survival?

Yes.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 05:45:01 pm by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2017, 12:53:57 pm »
Yo Lohit, adding some ramps and some obstacles at places is a better idea than any race, can you make another topic regarding it?

Offline Shawkhawk did nothing wrong!

• VIP
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2017, 06:55:58 pm »
First this-

1) this is not a party server
2) there are already enough things in civil class to distract people from gm
3) you all like it go play somewhere else pls
4) You think it's fun, Jonne thinks it is a waste of time and separation of players from gm and it's hard to script.
5)-1

Then this

Yo Lohit, adding some ramps and some obstacles at places is a better idea than any race, can you make another topic regarding it?

Hypocrite kkkkkkkkkkkkk.

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2017, 10:22:15 pm »

Not sure for now. Although I would love adding ramps especially for rooftop to rooftop travels but I don't want to noobs to gain ez stunts. And as of now I do not properly remember places to add such ramps and obstacles.

Hypocrite kkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Pistol pliz. He is suggesting something different.
%

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2017, 03:53:26 pm »
Since most of these 'races' require a lot of objects, and since it's mostly more of a minigame, I don't think it will be added (or at least not in the foreseeable future).