Author Topic: Explosion when ejecting from a Rustler  (Read 3129 times)

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
Explosion when ejecting from a Rustler
« on: February 26, 2017, 06:04:04 pm »
As you know, when a player ejects from their Rustler, it explodes automatically and then it's destroyed. Since the synchronization of vehicle deaths is still far from perfect, players around the Rustler sometimes don't see any explosions, but just the plane disappearing a few seconds after ejection.

I suggest to patch it. The script shouldn't modify the Rustler health after ejection, but simply create 3 or 4 explosions at the location of the Rustler (with a 3-4 second delay between them?) and then destroy the plane.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Quido

• Head Admin
  • Score: 27783
Re: Explosion when ejecting from a Rustler
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 09:47:09 pm »
It would make kamikaze attempts much more effective and reliable but I'd suggest a shorter delay between each explosion, maybe 1-2 instead of 3-4.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 08:45:28 pm »
I feel like this would make Rustlers a little overpowered- I've always viewed the explosions after /ej as a way to stop the command being abused by ejecting in/out constantly, not as a weapon. If the explosions are too well synchronized, I could see this being very difficult to defend against. Regardless, I think explosion kills should be credited to the person who killed them (whereas now they just die with no kill attributed: an example being blowing someone up in a car)

Offline Quido

• Head Admin
  • Score: 27783
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 11:35:57 pm »
I feel like this would make Rustlers a little overpowered- I've always viewed the explosions after /ej as a way to stop the command being abused by ejecting in/out constantly, not as a weapon. If the explosions are too well synchronized, I could see this being very difficult to defend against. Regardless, I think explosion kills should be credited to the person who killed them (whereas now they just die with no kill attributed: an example being blowing someone up in a car)

I guess it would make them overpowered if there a lot of explosions, if you fly head-on into someone then eject or if they camp in an open space and you eject. That being said, there are a range of explosions each with a different amount of power so one of the weaker ones could be chosen to restrict the damage done?

Offline SLiKkeZ[GgT]

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • =[GgT]=founder and lover
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 11:43:08 pm »
I think the idea is great.
We have nades. We have hydras.
Rustler kamikaze is a great extra. And after all the system is there only the properly synced part is missing. So i hope this gets added.

Offline MAR.

• Score: Unknown
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 02:51:00 pm »
Rustler kamikaze is a great extra. And after all the system is there only the properly synced part is missing. So i hope this gets added.
Same ideo aa u write

Offline Yan

• VIP
  • Score: 9620
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 05:40:41 pm »
Nice idea +1
Or make Kamikaze terrosist can explose him self  :o

Offline Rage

• VIP
  • Score: 47137
  • ◢ ◤
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 06:32:24 pm »

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 06:31:19 pm »
Quite a good idea, +1. It is even more of a bug fix rather than a suggestion.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 03:30:03 am »
I don't think it's a good idea. I think /ej should be used as a method to survive and save yourself, not as a weapon to kill other people. If we implement this, people could target and time their explosions perfectly and I feel like that would be too much of an advantage (for example, flying right over pres and then ejecting). I'm also not sure how well this would work, since not everyone might see the plane in the same position (for example, when ejecting out of a moving aircraft, the explosions might be at different locations than where people see the plane). Also, I don't think it would make a difference for kamikaze-ing, since you'd die instantly and have no time to eject.