Author Topic: Recording tutorial for beginners  (Read 8613 times)

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: Recording tutorial for beginners
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2017, 05:15:32 pm »
OBS makes my game laggy as hell while Fraps runs smoothly. I have an i7 4700HQ, doesn't look like my processor is the problem.

Another problem with OBS is that it doesn't handle well the spreading of resolution. I play at 1280 x 720 at a 1920 x 1080 screen. What does OBS do? It captures the screen with black borders around it. What does it record when I set the resolution in OBS at 1280 x 720? It simply records only the most left part of the screen(so only a part of the screen).

Edit: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/gamecapture-thick-black-borders.3261/
Fixed that, but I still need to find how to lose the FPS drops.

Edit2: Think I fixed it. FPS set to 60 and cpu preset to "veryfast". Will comment later on how it runs after some more testing.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 05:35:41 pm by MegaPilot »

Offline M a k a v e l i .

• VIP
  • All eyez on me
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2017, 05:32:56 pm »
OBS makes my game laggy as hell while Fraps runs smoothly. I have an i7 4700HQ, doesn't look like my processor is the problem.

Another problem with OBS is that it doesn't handle well the spreading of resolution. I play at 1280 x 720 at a 1920 x 1080 screen. What does OBS do? It captures the screen with black borders around it. What does it record when I set the resolution in OBS at 1280 x 720? It simply records only the most left part of the screen(so only a part of the screen).

Edit: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/gamecapture-thick-black-borders.3261/
Tried recording with 30 fps? And what's your GPU?

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2017, 05:36:11 pm »

GTX 850M, and it actually runs smoother when I record at 60 FPS. :P

Offline M a k a v e l i .

• VIP
  • All eyez on me
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2017, 07:47:09 pm »

GTX 850M, and it actually runs smoother when I record at 60 FPS. :P
Check your pms.

Offline Panal_Abeja

• VIP
  • Score: 4797
  • I'm not scared of you anymore! I'm a big boy now!
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2017, 05:31:54 am »

Edit2: Think I fixed it. FPS set to 60 and cpu preset to "veryfast". Will comment later on how it runs after some more testing.
Yo segui los paso y el único problema fue que tenia activado el anticheat compatibility hook(bann x2)
Solo tengo caidas de FPS cuando vuelo cerca del area del respawn usando /dl

I followed the steps and the only problem was that I had anticheat activated compatibility hook(bann x2)
I only have FPS drops when I fly near the respawning area using /dl.

Offline TheyCallMeDracko

• VIP
  • Score: 20029
  • Good choice,Bad choice life still goes on
altus demens help!
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2017, 02:29:23 am »
I did everything you said on obs step by step but I font know ehere an how to find my replays can you help

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 1956
    • Demens Club
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2017, 12:00:53 pm »
I did everything you said on obs step by step but I font know ehere an how to find my replays can you help
Please, ask your questions either in this topic or PM me and be more attentive: it has been mentioned in the main post.

5. Go to "Settings -> Settings -> Broadcast Settings" and switch the mode to "File output only". Additionally specify your path to the output file along with its extension. I suggest using *.flv, and I will explain in the end why, but it's up to you. By the way, $T just means that your file name will be a timestamp of recording start second (format: year-month-day-hourminute-second).

A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline LPCOLTER

• Score: 1084
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2017, 08:54:07 pm »
I don't know why earlier the recordings used to be well and fine with good quality but now they are not good

« Reply #53 on: Today at 04:52:08 pm »

PS- it is fine now..

//Skittles: Merging a double post.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:36:12 pm by Skittles »

Offline LPCOLTER

• Score: 1084
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2017, 01:26:42 pm »
Umm Altus what if i alter bitrate?