Author Topic: Restrict president bike mega jumps  (Read 13253 times)

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
Re: Restrict president bike mega jumps
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2018, 10:56:59 am »
Just imagine Barto do that or other stunting maniac using this. I would never be able to get the President down. It's way too op for me.

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2018, 12:56:17 pm »
I think Terror Must Try hard To get president
This Thing is Not  needed and president must be free to use mega jump

So -1

with respect   
 Thug.
If presi is megajumping, use rustler tactics and it will be easy to chase.

Agree with both, So -1
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2018, 01:26:30 pm »
I'm not sure how I feel about making it illegal.

I know, nobody has suggested to make it illegal yet. This suggestion is about adding measures to make it a bit fairer, because right now it is too easy for one side and too hard for the other.

Giving damage to bicycles script-wise is possible, and it would definitely help in some sort of way. But in my opinion the effect would be modest. The difficulty of getting to shoot the president and his bicycle is extreme, so getting bicycle health from 1000 to 250 wouldn't be any easier than it is to kill the president by directly aiming at him.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline SoLoD

• Score: Unknown
    • Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2018, 02:04:02 pm »
Let's make it clear

Lets try

>80% (or even more maybe?) of the players don't know how to mega jump with bicycles.
99% (or even more maybe?) of the players can not deal with YoMama in rustler. So, lets delete rustler... Oh no, wait, i have another idea. Istead of giving this players a chance to improve their skills LETS DELETE YOMAMA FROM THE SERVER!

>PTP has always been, in general, a bug free server. This means that you can play just like everyone else as long as you understand the game controls and have a bit of strategy. No hidden tricks, everybody has the same chance from the beginning.
Sweety, please, take you sniper rifle and through it`s glass watch on this "same chances from the beginning" again.

>In my opinion, forcing every attacker and defender to learn a bug really goes against the philosophy of the server.
The only "philosophy" this server has is being mentally challenged.

>I don't know about you, but I know how to mega jump and I still find really hard to get to shoot the president. They can simply spend the whole round hopping on buildings and, as soon as you hop on, they hop off from the opposite corner. And, on top of this, bicycles are indestructible.
Well, maybe because trying to DB someone with 300+ ping is pretty idiotic idea.
First of all, securities have the same problem "chasing" president.
Second, use nrg+shotgun to kill president in 1,5 seconds.
Third, use dodo to kick him off the roofs to ground full of terrorists.
Use your fucking snipers rifle.
Ram him with rustler.

OR use MTB. Maybe it will surprise you, but president can use only PRE-JUMP method, while you can use TEC BUMP. This TEC BUMP is easier and do not need "timings" to use it.

>I would make president lose health while on a bicycle
Basically, solving "problems" with "losing health" is the most retarded way to "solve them"
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Miau

• VIP
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2018, 06:16:51 pm »
99% (or even more maybe?) of the players can not deal with YoMama in rustler. So, lets delete rustler... Oh no, wait, i have another idea. Istead of giving this players a chance to improve their skills LETS DELETE YOMAMA FROM THE SERVER!

Presidents are already banned from flying Rustlers, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Keeping up with the president is the major gamemode goal. Keeping up with YoMama is not.

Sweety, please, take you sniper rifle and through it`s glass watch on this "same chances from the beginning" again.

If it depended on me, I would remove sniper rifles. But it doesn't really depend on me. I'm not responsible for paying for the hosting service, Jonne is. He is the one who is going to lose money if one day VIP purchases aren't enough to cover the costs.

I didn't say they don't. In fact, everyone struggles to do their duties.

NRGs can't hop on buildings like bicycles do. No way to keep up with the president.

Ram him with rustler.

Aircraft is the only method that can work in some situation, I mentioned it in the original post. I definitely never said that it is impossible to hunt down a president on a bicycle. I just said that it is unreasonably easy for the president and unreasonably hard for everyone else.

As soon as you are in position to snipe, the president will move on to the next building out of your line of sight. And the cycle can easily repeat for 15 minutes.

OR use MTB. Maybe it will surprise you, but president can use only PRE-JUMP method, while you can use TEC BUMP. This TEC BUMP is easier and do not need "timings" to use it.

And what if I'm not familiar with this kind of bug abuse? Should I be forced to learn bugs if I want to do my duty? I thought that the goal was to get people to do their duty, not the opposite, Solod.

Even if I'm so determined to do my duty that I'm willing to learn this bug, nothing guarantees that the president won't just hop off the building as soon as I hop on. This another cycle that can easily repeat for 15 minutes.

Basically, solving "problems" with "losing health" is the most retarded way to "solve them"

Can you come up with a better (or, using vocabulary you understand, "less retarded") patch?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 06:20:54 pm by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Menace

• VIP
  • Score: 121579
  • Menace 2 Society
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2018, 07:22:43 pm »
No

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2018, 01:10:36 am »
I asked Jonne in the past about using high jumps bug as a president,he told me it's not allowed because it gives you an advantage towerds the attacking team..but lately no one is getting punished for it because there is no such a clear rule about it.
+1 to this suggestion,iven its not fun using high jumps it make things easier.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2018, 09:45:50 am »
@Yomama,

President flying rustler ? I don’t mind either, i’ll just take a rustler having a person on the wing and chase the president. Same goes with bmx, sniper and spas would be really helpful for it.
My apologies, I guess I had you in my memory as one of the people against it. I've just never understood why people claim it is "unfair" when a) it isn't and b) bikes currently are actually unfair, and it doesn't take much skill at all to abuse that.

I asked Jonne in the past about using high jumps bug as a president,he told me it's not allowed because it gives you an advantage towerds the attacking team..but lately no one is getting punished for it because there is no such a clear rule about it.
+1 to this suggestion,iven its not fun using high jumps it make things easier.
I get annoyed by the invincible bike problem when they're jumping around at all; however, I don't see why jumping or megajumping wouldn't be fun if bikes actually would lose health. I guess you're saying that a lot of stunts that are difficult and require skill are easy with megajumping, so it kind of takes the art out of it? I'm not on bikes all the time though, so I'm genuinely curious why you think it wouldn't be fun to jump really high legally. We already do really high jumps anyway with NRGs, why not do it with bikes? Either way, if the bike could be destroyed it would still be vulnerable to planes.

I know, nobody has suggested to make it illegal yet.
...apply some kind of punishment when mega jumping (losing a bit of HP, removing the president for the bike and forcing him to get on again, despawn health and armor pickups...).
Removing the President from the bike sounds a lot like making it illegal.

Giving damage to bicycles script-wise is possible, and it would definitely help in some sort of way. But in my opinion the effect would be modest. The difficulty of getting to shoot the president and his bicycle is extreme, so getting bicycle health from 1000 to 250 wouldn't be any easier than it is to kill the president by directly aiming at him.
Difficulty is extreme? Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion, man. It's worth a try, and if it doesn't help to treat them like normal vehicles, why not just give the bike less health? I don't suggest these things just so that they can just be nixed; I'm usually hoping that someone can build on them. "No, it wouldn't work" without at least thinking of a way to make it work isn't productive.

Presidents are already banned from flying Rustlers, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Keeping up with the president is the major gamemode goal. Keeping up with YoMama is not.
I think the point he's trying to make is pretty simple, whether it involves me or not. He's saying that this is basically making something that is fair illegal just because the majority of the server can't handle it (even though they could all handle it if they put in the effort and learned). This is true with Rustlers, where everyone has exactly the same equipment and running is a disadvantage, but I don't think so with bikes. It is actually often near impossible to kill the President on a bike because it can't be destroyed like an ordinary vehicle, which it makes it unfair for a class whose only goal is to kill the President.

Rustlers are like a boxing match with every attribute equal. If your tactic is to run, you're screwed because the only real defense is offense (the only place where you're safe from the other person's guns if when you're behind them). Invincible mountain bike chases are like a boxing match where both players are padded so hits do little damage, yet only one boxer wins by knocking the other out, and the other just gets credit for surviving.

(also, keeping up with me or any other player is the major gamemode goal if that player is the President, which I think was the circumstance that SoLoD was doing a bad job of describing)

Can you come up with a better (or, using vocabulary you understand, "less retarded") patch?
Why are you asking him? I've already come up with two:

TL; DR:
Just to be clear, since in my long post this may have been obscured, I suggested two things to make bikes in general more fair, megajumping included or not:
...have a command or menu in game that tells you what the allowed bugs are, and how to perform them [like how to mega jump]. Then people have a better idea of what's hacking and what's bugging, and everyone is theoretically on a more level playing field.

...make the bike's health actually mean something. If the bike's health gets down to 250, blow it up like a car or better, make it "break" (unable to speed up, like you can't pedal). It would maybe be nice to give it a little more health than a car to start with, just so it isn't completely useless. [or less than a car, if it's too hard to destroy]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 10:39:12 am by YoMama »

Offline Miau

• VIP
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2018, 02:13:41 pm »
Removing the President from the bike sounds a lot like making it illegal.

Illegal, by definition, is something against the rules or law. I don't think anyone has suggested to modify the rules.

Removing the president from the bicycle and forcing him to get on again from time to time is just an artificial disadvantage you can add to make things more balanced, probably not the subtlest one, but there are hundreds of others.

Difficulty is extreme? Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion, man. It's worth a try, and if it doesn't help to treat them like normal vehicles, why not just give the bike less health? I don't suggest these things just so that they can just be nixed; I'm usually hoping that someone can build on them. "No, it wouldn't work" without at least thinking of a way to make it work isn't productive.

It's definitely more than my opinion. Imagine the president riding a bicycle and now think what the rear or side views of that look like. The bicycle is small, thin and hard to hit. The president's back is totally vulnerable to attackers behind. If getting to shoot a president on a bike was easy (it is not), it would be much easier to directly hit the president, rather than his bike, for the reason I mentioned. So I'm just saying that we already have the option of shooting at the president and it doesn't really help, it's still incredibly hard to get to do it, shooting at the bicycle won't make the difference.

Rustlers are like a boxing match with every attribute equal. If your tactic is to run, you're screwed because the only real defense is offense (the only place where you're safe from the other person's guns if when you're behind them). Invincible mountain bike chases are like a boxing match where both players are padded so hits do little damage, yet only one boxer wins by knocking the other out, and the other just gets credit for surviving.

Yeah, that's very accurate.

Why are you asking him? I've already come up with two:

Because Solod's contributions to this board are primarily based on letting us know who and what he hates, dedicating a bunch of insults to the person or thing he hates and fly away without suggesting anything better. It would be really comforting if he adopted a constructive attitude but, you know, pointing with your finger and yelling is easy, coming up with solutions is not.

Yes, I know that you've come up with two solutions, that's great. We already discussed the second one above, it would help but the effect would be too modest. As for the first one, it would help, but I think that learning this bug takes more than a brief explanation on a dialog box. I've seen players that are very familiar with SA-MP, I consider myself to be among them, struggling to properly use this bug. Now, on top of that, add that a relevant part of players don't speak English (so that explanation would have to be multilingual) and that another part doesn't even master the basics of the game. Yes, you can say that if they didn't learn, that's their responsibility. But, to be honest, players' motivation to follow their duties has always been wobbly. The more players that take part in the duty game, the more fun it usually is. So, in my opinion, any new measures should strengthen that motivation. I don't think that finding out that you have to learn a bug, one that isn't exactly easy to learn, is the best way to strengthen it. Plus, as I said in the original post, mastering the bug (a new player that just read the dialog won't master it, that's for sure) doesn't really guarantee that you'll have serious chances to shoot at the president.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Spici_Popot

• VIP
  • "Pooped" Or "FuckOff"
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2018, 02:21:47 pm »
Mia sorry I can't read long essays.

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2018, 03:11:32 pm »
Most of the players are still not aware of mega jumping with cycle and I really don't see many players using it and terrors getting annoyed. In my opinion, this shouldn't be restricted for President as it is a very simple way to escape when all securities near President are killed. However, setting punishment of losing health(as said above)  after each MEGA jump(not normal jump) will be fine enough.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2018, 03:21:34 pm »
Let's make it clear

Lets try

>80% (or even more maybe?) of the players don't know how to mega jump with bicycles.

>PTP has always been, in general, a bug free server. This means that you can play just like everyone else as long as you understand the game controls and have a bit of strategy. No hidden tricks, everybody has the same chance from the beginning.

>In my opinion, forcing every attacker and defender to learn a bug really goes against the philosophy of the server.
The only "philosophy" this server has is being mentally challenged.

>I don't know about you, but I know how to mega jump and I still find really hard to get to shoot the president. They can simply spend the whole round hopping on buildings and, as soon as you hop on, they hop off from the opposite corner. And, on top of this, bicycles are indestructible.
Well, maybe because trying to DB someone with 300+ ping is pretty idiotic idea.
Ram him with rustler.

Agreed on every single word.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2018, 04:54:28 pm »
Because Solod's contributions to this board are primarily based on letting us know who and what he hates, dedicating a bunch of insults to the person or thing he hates and fly away without suggesting anything better. It would be really comforting if he adopted a constructive attitude but, you know, pointing with your finger and yelling is easy, coming up with solutions is not.

What i really hate is when someone posting something completely impractical AND at the same time this someone thinking that this something has anything to do with what-this-server-needs. All these "small" questions like "president using rustler" or "using bike", they are part of higher-tier question. In this case, this question is all about that "PTP`s philosophy". Because the primal idea of this fucking gamemode since 2006 is: PRESIDENT DO WHATEVER HE WANTS.

But no, you are coming here and say that terrorists do not like that, and now they will tell PRESIDENT WHAT HE CAN DO and call this bullshit "philosophy". Because like it or not, but EVERY SINGLE BUG IS A PART OF THIS GAME. And Instead of adjusting to the conditions, you are trying to adjust this conditions to what you like. In this case, YOU do not like this bug and want to delete it from gamemode. Instead of "everyone struggles to do their duties".

President-in-rustler was deleted from the server for the exactly same reason: somenen like you decided that deleting something is a way better thing than improving skills.
Following Yomama IS server`s goal when he is president.

All your examples like "it is hard", "president will run to another spot" is bullshit. I was chasing president with nrgs, dodos, mtbs, helicopters. It is NOT harder compare to when president use any other vehicle to run.
You are saying that when presi camps and you use sniper rifle, he will run away. But you are not saying that you will be able to do at least 2 shots BEFORE he will start to move and that is ~100 damage. You are saying that for some reason using MTB for presi is "easy" and at the same time for everyone else it is "hard". This is bullshit.

You are saying that learning bugs is not your duty. Bugs, like skills or vip features are nothing but an instruments. They give you an advantage, but it is always up to you to use them or not. In this case you are acting like: i do not want to increase my MTB skills AND as long as i do not want anyone with this skill to have advantage against me, i want this MTB thing to be REMOVED from the server.

Now, let me tell you one important thing. If we compare this server to what it was in 2008, we will see, that avarage regular today knows only one thing: how to camp on armor spawn and once a few minutes go away to respawn it. He do not has a decent air skill, nrg skill, mtb skill. You open your mouth to talk about "philosophy", but for decade it was about duality: combat skills AND stunt skills. And the reason you do not see a stunting part is exact players like you. They do not want someone once in a 50 president runs to do something uncommon. No, you do not want someone as president to take a MTB. What you do want is this man to do exactly same thing as previous 49 presidents did.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Luka

• VIP
  • Score: 20091
  • LuKa[PPLV]
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2018, 05:26:39 pm »
SOLOD just said the truth.

Offline Son_Gun

• First Silver Dragon Emperor
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2018, 06:02:38 pm »
Most of the players are still not aware of mega jumping with cycle and I really don't see many players using it and terrors getting annoyed. In my opinion, this shouldn't be restricted for President as it is a very simple way to escape when all securities near President are killed. However, setting punishment of losing health(as said above)  after each MEGA jump(not normal jump) will be fine enough.

Can it be done?