Author Topic: Remove /holiday eng  (Read 20322 times)

Offline CapriciousRobber

• Score: Unknown
Re: Remove /holiday eng
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 07:26:48 pm »
/holiday eng is so useless and whoever says "it gives newbies a chance!!" is delusional. the rifle is trash. the spray can is incredibly situational. the grenades have pickups. the command is just a consolation for people who don't feel like giving money to a SAMP server.

+1

Offline Judah

• Score: 124
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 04:00:21 am »
Yes, it doesn't balance out anything but it helps. I'm a newbie and I always tell other newbies in my team to use the command.

VIPs use it too but they have far more overpowered weapons and the only chance I have against a sniper is a rifle even though it is not as good a sniper.

VIPs would use the saw instead... Just sayin'  :D
True, but you can't use the saw on a bunch of people at once like you can the spray can.

yeah but spray cans have limited ammo and is mostly ineffective against a target - I'm not saying it's useless, it just doesn't help all the time. Also chainsaw kills faster.

VIPs use it? No problem!
Removing it definitely won't make anything better and leaving it the way it is won't make anything worse.

also we can just add /holiday eng as a pro tip to those random server messages

tldr: if the command is removed, regulars won't be able to use it for their advantage - this is good for the newbies, but they will lose the only chance they have against a sniper.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 04:05:35 am by Judah »

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 09:38:08 am »
How will they obtain the rifle then? They obtain grenades from the holiday also. I dont even know where would jonne place the rifle pickups (maybe they will be with the grenades on 1 place? I think the rifle is good in holiday I dont agree with this.
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Drama

• I'm off
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2018, 10:01:18 am »
Rifle is op sometimes and about spray? It's certainly not a regularly used tool.
Regarding grenades, it has pick ups.
I'm neutral about it

Offline lax

• VIP
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2018, 11:52:49 am »
If you really want to remove, then please add these spawns near base, that would be much is good and the problem would be solved and we can only take rifles after 3 mins just like /holiday eng.

Offline Son_Gun

• First Silver Dragon Emperor
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2018, 01:25:49 pm »
+1 for removing spray can.
-1 for removing /holiday eng

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2018, 02:46:33 pm »
First of all, it is a very good question - why do we have this cmd, what is purpose.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56402
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2018, 08:19:09 pm »
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2018, 07:51:23 am »
+1 for removing /holiday eng, it's a lame way of getting grenades. It was created just for the holidays, but it's been kept past the holidays and I don't agree with that. Besides, the best way to retrieve grenades is at the nades spawn.

+1 The spray can should be removed too cause it's being abused by too many people.

As for rifle it should stay a VIP feature only, I don't agree with it being a command for everyone.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 07:53:29 am by Matt »

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2018, 05:44:08 pm »
+1 for removing /holiday eng, it's a lame way of getting grenades. It was created just for the holidays, but it's been kept past the holidays and I don't agree with that. Besides, the best way to retrieve grenades is at the nades spawn.

+1 The spray can should be removed too cause it's being abused by too many people.

As for rifle it should stay a VIP feature only, I don't agree with it being a command for everyone.

Then how will Lvl2- people will get rifles?
%

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2018, 12:15:52 am »

Psst, level 2 is aka VIP.
by the way, /holiday eng command has a huge role in the way we play the gm, having 11 nades and rifle are best combination a non vip can have(and even VIPs use this)
This helps a non VIP a lot, nade storm can easily kill 10 secs around president and can even clear the chaos at main armour spawn.
It's like we are too much used to it, and removal of it will change our gameplay for sure

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2018, 11:17:54 pm »
There is a rifle command for VIPs for years already? lol

by the way, /holiday eng command has a huge role in the way we play the gm, having 11 nades and rifle are best combination a non vip can have(and even VIPs use this)
This helps a non VIP a lot, nade storm can easily kill 10 secs around president and can even clear the chaos at main armour spawn.
It's like we are too much used to it, and removal of it will change our gameplay for sure
Too much power and having that stuff from the start of spawning on the server is a unfair advantage for many players. It's best for the player to take the journey to the nade spawn and stack up.

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2018, 12:13:06 am »
...yeah but spray cans have limited ammo and is mostly ineffective against a target - I'm not saying it's useless, it just doesn't help all the time. Also chainsaw kills faster.

VIPs use it? No problem!
Removing it definitely won't make anything better and leaving it the way it is won't make anything worse.

also we can just add /holiday eng as a pro tip to those random server messages

tldr: if the command is removed, regulars won't be able to use it for their advantage - this is good for the newbies, but they will lose the only chance they have against a sniper.

I'm not saying I want to remove the weapons. I'm saying I want to remove the command that magically gives them to you. Spray cans are far from ineffective- they disable you for a fairly long period, and they can be easily used on multiple people at once. The chainsaw you can at least escape, and you can't really use it on two people at once unless luck is involved. I don't like how someone can do /holiday eng when they are in a spot where they would otherwise die, then they spray everyone until they either escape or get help. I'm OK with a pickup, because it means that they have to actually strategize.

I think removing it will make things more interesting because people will actually have to go to pickups to get weird weapons. Rifles are not even close to a chance against a sniper. I think the sniper should be weakened, or maybe *gasp* turned into a pickup for VIPs only along with the chainsaw instead of giving everyone annoying weapons for a reason that simply isn't valid.

It's an overall shitty weapon. Why would you keep it to VIPs? I just don't like people magically being able to get it when they need a weapon to pop tires from a driveby position.

I agree with you that it has a huge role. However, I don't think it's a good one, which is why I'm suggesting that the weapons be pickups instead. I'm really not sure I agree with you on the "best combination", but you'd still be able to get it with pickups. Grenades don't "clear chaos at main armour spawn", they add to the bullshit that goes on there.

One of the worst effects /holiday eng has, in my opinion, is empowering the civilian class. I think it pushes people away from being terrorists or cops and consequentially makes people less likely to play the gamemode.

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2018, 06:00:25 am »
There is a rifle command for VIPs for years already? lol

When I said Lvl2- I meant Level 2 minus lol, people below Lvl2. How will they get rifles? There would be even heavier unbalance than before if your suggestion is used.

Too much power and having that stuff from the start of spawning on the server is a unfair advantage for many players. It's best for the player to take the journey to the nade spawn and stack up.

How tf is it too much. One gets his weapon wheel messed up for weapon switch gameplay,gets only 500 ammo,can't be used again for 3 minutes,with only 3 nades which can be only be useful if properly thrown and that too doesn't work 100%.

I think removing it will make things more interesting because people will actually have to go to pickups to get weird weapons. Rifles are not even close to a chance against a sniper. I think the sniper should be weakened, or maybe *gasp* turned into a pickup for VIPs only along with the chainsaw instead of giving everyone annoying weapons for a reason that simply isn't valid.

Lol you think this will have any chance of happening?

One of the worst effects /holiday eng has, in my opinion, is empowering the civilian class. I think it pushes people away from being terrorists or cops and consequentially makes people less likely to play the gamemode.
*Inb4 CapricousRobber nuts

This I agree to but the problem is that slot system isn't 100% perfect. Usually one of the first times a player gets into civilian class is that the slots are all full or the game is heavily unbalanced and he cannot balance it somewhat from joining the weaker side, hence he is forced to take the civilian class,write in CAPS in main chat about protecting,get killed even while protecting by the protecting class,and then just get fed up to the point he just starts killing everyone . 

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 06:04:15 am by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline Angon 013

• 🎸🎮⚽💻🖱📱📷
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2018, 06:14:53 pm »
Remove /Holiday eng

Add /rifle cmd for lvl 0-1
ez
n as like /holiday eng, ppl can use the cmd again after 3 mins.
Ez 2!