Author Topic: Shades of solved problem  (Read 16023 times)

Offline SoLoD

• Score: Unknown
    • Youtube stunting channel
Shades of solved problem
« on: June 24, 2017, 08:19:28 am »
So, few days ago Jonne posted this

And i was like, well, let me just get in the server and record some stuff near armor.
But guess what? I do not need to do that. Because exactly that day some staff was recorded by Makaveli.
Their "war" vs ggt
After watching this video and from my experience of playing GM for the last 1-2 years i have to ask Jonne:
1. What exact problem do you think you solved about armor spawns?
Because, you know, i thought that armor problem for the last 3-4 years was all about regulars, that were camping there, starting mess, ignoring actual GM etc. Maybe, just maybe, there was another problem that was solved by you and your staff.
2. If problem was all about what i said, than why are you saying that it is solved. Because if you will look closer at that video, you can witness your clan member taking part in that mess. So, is it true that other admin staff do not see an "armor problem" anymore too?
3. What is a purpose of armor respawning? Because, well, regulars DO leave the armor spawn, but only to come back 30 secs later for respawned armor and hp.
4. Maybe you will accept "armor problem" and will share with me and other ptpers your thoughts about  how you will fix it.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline AruN.

• VIP
  • You think this is a game?
Re: Shades of solved problem
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 09:12:43 am »
We have multiple health and armor spawns, so if you cant go to the main armor, you can also go to the secondary armor spawns too.

I don't see anymore "armor camping" now.
AruN

Offline IDAN

• VIP
  • PPLV <3
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 09:21:41 am »
Solod right.

Armour camping still alive...

Option-We can put armour and health (or only armour) in Shop(Or something that look like room before racing) and in this area People can't Shoot each other.

Of course the place will be mark on the map...

Offline Drama

• I'm off
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 09:23:09 am »
I don't see anymore "armor camping" now.
I always see armor camping.Many regulars are doing it.And what's the main fact? They are with double armor.
But I don't have any issues with it since its TDM.
Simply go to 2nd or 3rd armor spawn or else don't take armor :D

Offline Manish

• VIP
  • Love me or hate me. Either way I'm on your mind.
    • GgT
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 09:26:13 am »
1. What exact problem do you think you solved about armor spawns?
Because, you know, i thought that armor problem for the last 3-4 years was all about regulars, that were camping there, starting mess, ignoring actual GM etc. Maybe, just maybe, there was another problem that was solved by you and your staff.
2. If problem was all about what i said, than why are you saying that it is solved. Because if you will look closer at that video, you can witness your clan member taking part in that mess. So, is it true that other admin staff do not see an "armor problem" anymore too?
3. What is a purpose of armor respawning? Because, well, regulars DO leave the armor spawn, but only to come back 30 secs later for respawned armor and hp.
4. Maybe you will accept "armor problem" and will share with me and other ptpers your thoughts about  how you will fix it.

To solve this issue we already have 3 Armor and Health Spawn now. I don't understand your point here.

Offline SoLoD

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 09:55:49 am »
Why don`t you just accept the fact that we have asolutely the same situation we had before.
So, how can you actually say that it is okay? Players concentrate their efforts on spawn instead of president.
How can you say this is a common TDM (terrors vs cops?), when it is not. It is ptp and terrorist`s duty is to kill presi, not kill cops.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline StuLenS

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 09:57:53 am »
Hey SoloD, let me tell you somethin:

I dont like how you re bitching and crying on the forum since few days ago
over some silly bullshit. Stop doing that attention-whore
thing, you re just making more enemies than ever.
Now concerning your topic , we got already several amours , so it
doesn't matter if some cops or terrorists camp there.
There is never a case, when players are camping in all amours at the same
time. And that's it, there is nothing more to discuss!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 10:00:06 am by Stulens »

Offline Satvik

• VIP
  • Score: 11218
  • Banned!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 10:03:45 am »
We have 3 armour spawn for a reason No?

Offline Manish

• VIP
    • GgT
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 10:04:31 am »
Why don`t you just accept the fact that we have asolutely the same situation we had before.
So, how can you actually say that it is okay? Players concentrate their efforts on spawn instead of president.
How can you say this is a common TDM (terrors vs cops?), when it is not. It is ptp and terrorist`s duty is to kill presi, not kill cops.
Earlier the main issue was the trouble facing by players who were heading to armor spawn to get armor but couldn't able to take  Armor-Health because of messed up situation of war (Cops vs Terros) at Armor spawns. To prevent that trouble situation we later on added more Armour spawns and Health spawns so that players who want to collect it won't face any trouble and Now we have 3 armours and health to make it more fair for everyone.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 10:06:39 am by Manish »

Offline SoLoD

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 10:46:06 am »
Earlier the main issue was the trouble facing by players who were heading to armor spawn to get armor but couldn't able to take  Armor-Health because of messed up situation of war (Cops vs Terros) at Armor spawns. To prevent that trouble situation we later on added more Armour spawns and Health spawns so that players who want to collect it won't face any trouble and Now we have 3 armours and health to make it more fair for everyone.
So, are you trying to say that "war (Cops vs Terros) at Armor spawns" is ok?
Are you trying to say that they (cops and terrors) should fight on armor spawn instead of fight near president?
Or are you trying to say that it is not as big problem as taking armor for some single cop or terror?
And what about the fact that you use 2nd armor spawn to take armor and... go to fight to the main armor spawn, because there will be enemies with "double armor".

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 11:00:53 am »
Multiple armor spawns aren't supposed to prevent armor camping, but to provide an alternative for those who don't want to get involved in endless armor fights but to directly play gamemode instead.

I don't really get why you talk about it like it was spoiling the game or something similar. Aren't the cops at armor preventing terrorists from taking the armor they would use to kill the president? Aren't the terrorists camping at armor keeping the area safe for their team mates so they can pick armor in order to succesfully do their duty? Well, "playing the gamemode" isn't only directly harming the president or killing the one who harms him. There are other secondary indirect actions, such as fighting the opposite team (for example, at armor) which are important too. Altus and I camp at armor as cops from time to time, and I can tell you some terros become so obsessed they won't do anything else but trying to wipe us out from armor. And we get the president to survive in the meanwhile. True fact. So yes, you could say camping at armor and taking part in the gamemode aren't as opposite as you think.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Manish

• VIP
    • GgT
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 11:03:32 am »
So, are you trying to say that "war (Cops vs Terros) at Armor spawns" is ok?
Are you trying to say that they (cops and terrors) should fight on armor spawn instead of fight near president?
Or are you trying to say that it is not as big problem as taking armor for some single cop or terror?
And what about the fact that you use 2nd armor spawn to take armor and... go to fight to the main armor spawn, because there will be enemies with "double armor".
Now the thing is Clear to me here i.e; Your nature of finding problem in every solution. Your recent topics are examples of it. I don't think I'm qualified enough to reply on your topics. Sorry.

Offline SoLoD

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 11:34:46 am »
Now the thing is Clear to me here i.e; Your nature of finding problem in every solution. Your recent topics are examples of it. I don't think I'm qualified enough to reply on your topics. Sorry.
I am saying what i am thinking - that permanent fights of cops vs terros on armor spawns is not the way this classes supposed to play this gamemod. Do you think i am wrong?

I don't really get why you talk about it like it was spoiling the game or something similar.
Very simple answer. I am playing this gamemod since 2006, even before PTP arrived.
I am probably the one who can tell you how it was playing it every single year.
And if "someone" prejudicedly taking my posts, starting to rage before reading them, thinking that i am just "bitching", well, beliave me, i will stay with what i am thinking.

About this "unobvious" benefits of armor camping. I know that gamemod is better without it.
And i know how this "preventing enemies to take armor" ends. It will suck you in, you will die, come to armor, fight, die again. And everyone will do the same. I am saying it because i witnessed it so many times, and i was part of it so many times, even when i just was driving through armor spawn.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 11:37:41 am by SoLoD »

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 03:11:26 pm »
You're implying that the gamemode can be "perfect", without any flaws. If you think so, why don't you suggest a better alternative?

Offline SoLoD

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 04:35:38 pm »
You're implying that the gamemode can be "perfect", without any flaws. If you think so, why don't you suggest a better alternative?
Because Jonne and his admin staff can not accept that it is a problem and it should be solved.
And it will not be perfect at any way, because it is all about community. With normal community you can have awesome gameplay no metter what rules or features you have. But our community is not mature enough, we are not aim on what is really best for gamemod. This is why admins need to take guts in one hand, and with another hand do what is need to be done.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 04:37:34 pm by SoLoD »